vava Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Nevermind, I caved in and used our favourite trusty resource, Google (I am still pretty amazed at this marvel of technology! ) From the SITE: Designed by the North American architect Frank O. Gehry, this unique Museum built on a 32,500 square meter site in the center of Bilbao represents an amazing construction feat. On one side it runs down to the waterside of the Nervión River, 16 meters below the level of the rest of the city of Bilbao. One end is pierced through by the huge Puente de La Salve, one of the main access routes into the city. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 (edited) Maybe it's computer generated CGI Actually you guys are right! It's a computer generated image of a sculpture/monument. Unfortunately I don't have a real picture.... I hope I didn't break the rules.... Edited July 31, 2004 by vava Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 What is a CGI? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Computer Generated Image (as in this context) or Common Gateway Interface Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Computer Generated Image (as in this context) or Common Gateway Interface that was too dumb of me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Sip being a professor is full of fancy IT related abbreviations which make him sound smarter than he actually is Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 I still have trouble understanding hyegurl though ... lwsaslt (like when she abbreviates sentences like this) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 I still have trouble understanding hyegurl though ... lwsaslt (like when she abbreviates sentences like this) w/e Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nakharar Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 A fairy-tale castle. Another easy one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nakharar Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Bonus picture: This is the picturesque town beneath the castle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 My first reply would be the Castle Neuschwanstein in Bavaria - but I'm not sure if that's it - It should have pointy spires on top - plus there's the sea.... interesting Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 1, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 1, 2004 okay Nakharar we need some hints here... I am guessing that it is in Portugal or Spain, but then what the heck do I know Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 1, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 1, 2004 I take that back, teh town does not look like Spain or Portugal Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 1, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 1, 2004 and since we are on the castle theam I like to add one myself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 Azat jan, Hearts castle Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 Nakharar it looks like Austria? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nakharar Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 I said it would be easy, didn't I? Interesting comments, I might add, that I won't comment on. If I did what would be the point? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 2, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 Vava jan, I think you sent me in the wrong direction. Now I think there is not a sea behind that pic but rather just the town. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 2, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 For those who still like this thread and also like art would find this one very easy as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 2, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 here is another view Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted August 2, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 Azat jan, Hearts castle Or my future home. Either one would have been an acceptable answer Edward jan. just imagine inch kef karank endegh anenq... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 this artist he is Hungarian if I'm not misteken years ago, late 80's or early 90's the place was Gorman about 40, 60 miles north of LA, and he had similar display in Japan I think Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 This one is easy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 (edited) Kopenhagen Denmark Thanks to this thread my memory is coming back Edited August 2, 2004 by Edward Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted August 2, 2004 Report Share Posted August 2, 2004 Aaaaaaaaaand take that! http://s94772541.onlinehome.us/cont08.jpg http://s94772541.onlinehome.us/cont09.jpg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.