Jump to content

Photo Contest


Azat

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calendar is more like it, I think. Stone arrangements such as these (what are they called?????????) mark the solstices and equinoxes and a few other things. Like I said, there is a better-known and more popular example, draws many tourists every year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're on track again, Nakharar. This is not THE Stonehenge, but it is a stone henge regardless. (I had been wondering how to drop in the name of Karahunj here. :) ) It is more spread-out and the town built into its midst has given the henge its name.

Those trenches you see there might have been a couple of metres deeper in the past - dug out with little more than stag horns!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allow me to clarify that I didn't find it funny - was more thinking along the lines of kicking myself. At least it might have struck me that it was a memorial versus chest thumping for the Indian Ocean or something.

 

:) Understood. Should read the book anyway, its a testament to the horror the human mind can endure. The men (both sides) that fought at Stalingrad are the true heroes and that statue is a fitting tribute to their courage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love this city and all the works by this architect

Ooooh ooh I know! I know! Azatyush you just know how to lure me in. It is also my favorite city (so far) and my favorite architect with a twisted mind. :D

 

BTW: Awesome thread guys!

Edited by anileve
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooooh ooh I know! I know! Azatyush you just know how to lure me in. It is also my favorite city (so far) and my favorite architect with a twisted mind. :D

 

BTW: Awesome thread guys!

Eve, you would not by any chance have any pictures of this city/country would you? ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Evelina. :)

Hi Fadyush! I gotta say... the your avatar of the dog is cruel. Thank llama Sasun has a sense of humor. :D

 

Eve, you would not by any chance have any pictures of this city/country would you?

 

Azatik, as a matter of fact I do. Actually it’s a picture of the country but not the same city. And what could be better than a picture of a library. ;) Can you guess where?

Library.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Azat, Barcelona Spain, ( I forgot the artists name :( )

Shame on you Edward! How can one forget the architect that was so brilliant due to his vibrant hallucinations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Azatik, as a matter of fact I do. Actually it’s a picture of the country but not the same city. And what could be better than a picture of a library. ;) Can you guess where?

After erasing my sig yesterday, today I edit my profile just for you. :)

I am moved by such chivalrous gestures, thank you oh noble sir. :D Hopefully Sasun is moved as well. So what do you think about the library?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...