THOTH
Banned-
Posts
3,609 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by THOTH
-
log/hagarag - funny that you would be of the opinion that stating ones opinion on a forum such as this is somehow problimatic.. ..and what "conquests"? etc hagarag - you least of all here should be critical of anything one says of a personal nature... log - obviously you need to get out more...
-
quote:Originally posted by Sip:Hey Tig, I think you are in serious need of some chocolate milk. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! No doubt!
-
quote:Originally posted by Domino:...on the other hand, a beautifull man, still is less standarsized, so a black guy is not taken off from the list, like a black girl is. Its just a question of society and what it percieve as beautiful, nothing more or less. Domino - I understand fully what you are saying - but it is more then just this - more then just appearences... ...as for black women - well their are many who are absolutly stunning looking. The prettiest/sexiest gal I ever have seen/known in my life was black as coal (with a face & body to absolutley die for! - yeah she was a bit haughty about it - but actually had a very nice personality and was pretty friendly in general...too bad her boyfriend at the time was some mongo pro-football player! ..not that I would have had any chance with her anyway...). And did you happen to see Hale Berry in "Monsters Ball"? I loved that top when he picked her up while she was walking down the road...mmmmm...(and my wife certainly noted my attentiveness to certain scenes in the movie! LOL)...anyway my ultimate preference (in terms of sexy looks) is definately oriental women...a certain type/look really...(not overly "rounded" but more sleek and petite...) but if I go into any detail I think I would abut the censorship rules of the site! LOL Of course I find Armenian woemen very attractive as well...and Turkish gals for that matter (there are several Turkish gals that I know locally that are total unquestionable knock-outs! ..and they are definitely more then a little stuck up about their looks! LOL - but again are friendly with me...I'm just a friendly guy!...frankly I think they might be a bit scared of me though...with the "Armenian thing"...they sometimes seem uncomfortable...LOL)...doesn't matter really the nationality...they are all/can be beuatiful! I think the issue of what women find attractive in men is more complex (like you allude too) - less strictly with looks per se...though you must admit - many black men are athletic and in good shape and I can certainly understand why women would find this attractive - beyond even any "list" issues...(which again is sometimes exaggerated...pun intended...) and others have spoke here about the different attitudes towards women/sex etc that some black men have/project- and perhaps this plays a part (gals find the forewardness/attention attractive...)...who knows - I don't think it is any one thing - nor do I think that these factors are universal and really generalizable. In any event we should respect an individuals choices no matter what they are (dating/sexual/whatever preference...). I mean we don't like when others critisize the choices we make. We think - how can they know where I am at, what I know, what I want...etc - so we should respect others to make their own decisions.
-
Hey Tigrannes - I've never claimed that my list is holy! LOL And it is you who exhibits a holier then thou attitude - not me. I am not suggesting that others must believe as I do and such - but it is certainly clear to me that those who hold racial prejudices are the ones with the problem and not the other way around..
-
Not true - and neither is most of what dl says. Sure it may be true for some - but I know several white male - black women couples, and at least one is a marraige with children - and I've seen others so they do exsist. Sure the preponderence is the other way - and for some of the reasons that have been alluded too (and some is just rebelliosness/curiosity etc white gal being with a black man...and a certain "status" or feeling of conquest/achievement whatever for black guys to "get" a white gal "prize" or such. Still - for dl to characterize black women as (for lack of a better term) "rough" and not needing tenderness etc - is just not universally true. In college I was fairly good friends with two black gals (as well as having some very good black male friends) and they were basically just like any other gals of their age (concening guys & such and attitudes..). I went out with one of them a bit - but it never got beyond that - we were mostly friends...I did take her home once to meet the folks (just to piss them off/upset them). I think a lot of the supposed differences that dl alludes too are more class differences rather then just race based cultural differences...and even if people are different - so what? Why are we even talking about this anyway - is there realy some problem/threat/danger to Armenians?
-
Mostly just wishful thinking I believe. I think i the comming days/weeks you will see a U.S. aid package to Turkey and support for Turkey...well pay off for Turkey...to stay out of Iraq/Kurdistan...of course we might change our tune of the Iraqis prove more resiliant then expected (which might possibly turn out to be the case). In either event - the powers that be will be working to ensure that nothing substansially changes (except maybe AKP getting booted out!) between the U.S. and Turkish relations. I don't think that AArmenia/Armenians will end up benefiting from this in any way (too bad...)
-
LOG - wel thats fine/understadable - but making a comment that the thought of a black person as a partner making you vomit is a bit stronger the just having a preference. I apologize if you think I was being nasty - but that comment of yours did bother me. Personally for me - I find interacting with people of different nationalities/races/nations very stimulating and a great learning experience. I love to be exposed to new/different perspectives. And I would love to have had the oppurtunity to have experienced (sexually and relationship wise) a more racially diverse set of women. One day you might regret that you didn't avail yourself the oppurtuity to experience more with others different from you - then again maybe not - but don't just categorically reject such...thats all I'm tryin to say. I do understandc what you are saying about preferences and being attracted to certain visual characteristics and such (I'm pretty easy/open myself in that regard...). I once had a girlfriend who use to sometimes go out with black guys (before meeting me...well mostly I think...) - and I know she was attracted/interested in the "list" size issue (turned out to not always be the case it seemed...we were very open about our past [and sometimes ongoing/concurrent] experiences - etc). Anyway she voiced a similar perspective to you (without the extreme vomit comment) - that she was attracted (sexually) - but not so much otherwise (from more or less a physical attraction perspective) and couldn't see a long term settling down type of thing (more difficult culturally and otherwise than you might imagine...in fact I really admire those adventurous sorts who forge relationships outside of their race - they really face many hurdles and such...). Anyway, of course after she met me there was no question of going back! LOL Actually it was very difficult moving on from her...we both had a very hard time giving up the physical aspects of our relationship well after all the rest was gone...even months after we broke up she would still show up (with a bottle of wine...and sometimes a ****o...!) and want to get amorous...which was Ok - but dangerous..we ended up getting back together a few times before I finally so no and thats final etc...again it was very tough to do...the sex was definatly very good...(sorry for drifting off topic a bit...though it goes back to a point I think I made much earlier in this thread - treat people right - physically and otherwise - pay attention to their needs - and you should have no worrys...)
-
lady of grace - I'm very sorr that you feel so strongly - you never know you might be missing out....etc Some of my father's family (German/English/Scotish/Irish) were not at all pleased when he brought home this Armenian gal to marry (what is that...some kind of black? etc) They considered her, basically, a "black" and treated her in a very nasty manner for many years/all their lives for some of them. So were they right to think that her color/pigmentation and cultural/whatever differences made her unworthy or a lesser human being? Your attitudes are just the same - you judge from ignorance and you choose to remain ignorant and close minded. No one should hold such rigid thoughts - shame on you!
-
LOL - Bohos - thats a good one. But how do you know that they haven't already done so? In fact, it probably was done 10-15 years ago and is collecting dust already (so much for relying on Azeri's to do their dirty work....)
-
Azat - great tune!
-
quote:Originally posted by Sip: ...there is no question that Sadam is a vey bad guy, and I will rejoice at his semise etc and (now that we are in there) I am certainly rooting for a quick and reletively painless victory (for the US...and also for the Iraqi people). I thik that the US war plan/execution is comendable (thus far) in this regard...however it is the political backlash (and the point Stormy has made concerning increasing resentment against teh US from several [now growing] sectors that worries me. Anyway, we shall jut have to see...
-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/st...,918746,00.html no comment.
-
Hi Margarit-Gajane, By all means come back and ask some some questions once you have learned a bit and have focused your thinking. I wish you sucess in your project...
-
Justaman/Bass etc al - I sugest reading Melson - (I think ihis book is titled)Revolution and Genocide. It may open your eyes up to some causes of the Genocide (and ease your concern about folks "just" blaming Islam or thr Barbaric Turks etc. The factors that led to Genocide are very complex. Religion alone cannot account for it - neither can "just" greed. Remember Christains and Muslims coexisted (reletively) peacably for centuries under a - for the most part - tolerant (though perhaps repressive/unequal in many regards) Ottoman regiem. Certainly by the 18th-19th century the cracks were showing. The Genocide is primarily resulting from the death throws of Empire (and all the various factors caused by such - including economic issues, scapegoating, regression of Empire [with influx of refugees], as well as the rise of Pan-Turkick Nationalism). What Melson highlights is the role of revolutionary situations in societies for generating the extreme conditions (and twisted mental process to justify such...) that could allow for conditions where barbarity of humans towards other humans could reach such a scale. Its worth the read (as are Dadrians works and that of others) Domino could give you an excellent concise suggested reading list I think...
-
Hagarag - I understand what you are saying about a cornered animal lashing out...I am just skeptical of Saddam's ability to make good on any threat. On another forum I have already offered to bet anyone that Saddam will launch neither chem/bio or even any significant number of missiles...even in his death throes...will you take me up on that bet? I don't doubt that in fact he might have these sorts of things (toxins & such...)...the question is being able to weaponize and use such (not untrivial). Don't you think we would have exposed these weapons if in fact they exist as such? It is ne thing to gas some villagers & such - quite another to employ such in a more regional setting. I truly believe that we have not much to fear from Saddam this go round...even less then last go round...even then what was he really able to accomplish? Any cautions that I may have concenring this "war" have little to do with any real threat from Saddam...
-
hagarag - I think that you (like our President) is/are confusing Saddam with, I don't know, someone who really has relevance and power beyond metropolitan Bagdahd...
-
The Turkish parlimentary action/vote was commendable but (I predict) will likely change little in reality. Regardless of "democracy in action" in Turkey - the powers that be know where their bread is buttered. In the end its all a barter game...one that the Turks at least have the potential to be pretty good at - and one where the US diligence ussully falls short (particualry when they have their sites set elsewhere and feel they must act at all costs etc) Rubo - I certainly share (what I think is) your concern - that by its cooperation with the US on this Iraq thingy - Turkey will again expect and recieve special consideration when it comes to furthur denying the Genocide (here in the states) - etc. I'm not sure if Turkey will necessarily lessen its stature - being solidly in the US "camp" by its bit of foot dragging here. The fact remains that Turkey fits very wel into US regional policy and the Turks are likewise very dependent on the US. We (Armenians) have already suffered much - over the years - due to this status quo. Where the Turks may really lose it in this thing however - is in regard to the Kurdish situation. If they act as I suspect they might they may make a lot of enemies (and really torpedo their EU chances). They see the Kurds in a blinders on fashion even more so then George Jr views Saddam. So lets wait and see what happens now shall we....
-
Cool, you should have given him the URL to our forum! LOL. ...and given him your number as well I supose - eh? LOL again...
-
Nice info, thanks for the post. What are refered to as "Albanians" I think can be clearly understood to now be part of the Armenian heritage and genetic stock (even if once were clearly distinct). Anyway - the various Azeri claims go beyond being amusing to be downright ludicrous. (Do any actually believe Azeri "scholars" besides Azeris and maybe many Turks? And it should be noted that NK has never been a part of the current Republic (sic) of Azerbaijan...it legally declared itself independent of the old Soviet Union prior to Azerbaijan becoming an independent state...thus the Azeris have no real legitimate claim to NK - in any sense of the term...
-
M Moore is an American Hero IMO. (agree with him 100% or not...) I haven't seen the movie - but I'm certain I will like most of what he attempts to convey...all that being said I am one of those (proud) American Gun owners (& even a former NRA member - LOL)! I understand/appreciate the NRA position - but - for the most part it is way to extreme for me. Our nation has a (gun) problem that is totally out of control. All things must be properly weighed against each other IMO. While I generally oppose government intrusion onto individual rights I think a balance must be struck...though for the most part I think we are so far over in terms of easy (hand)gun and even assault weapon availability - not sure anything can really be done (in the near term) to lessen the situation. Would I give up my guns? Perhaps...though not willingly/happily...but I do think guns must be registered/tracked and as much as possible kept out of the hands of criminals & loony toons (thorough rigourous background checks and severe penalties for criminal use and unregistered possesion etc)...and do I really need my assault weapon? No - a "luxury" certainly...but again I am loath to give it up...(as well as give up the rest of my "arsenal"...much of which has - a the very least - sentimental as well as family history - value...
-
Sip - obviously it was a BMW X5 or some such...enough said. Anyway - Tatev - welcome to the USA...& BTW - don't ever change - you seem sweet, honest & real... There are all types here in the US - good & bad...and many are, of course, very materialistic, others are immature. As nice as your friend sounds I have to think he is at least a (great) deal of the latter two...and as suprising at this sounds (surprising myself that is) I have to agree with Cristine on this one...i think he is interested in being more then just a friend (you must be cute as well as sweet!). Anyway welcome to our forum and I wish you luck on LA. Its at the same time botha difficult and and easy city to live in and get to know people and such. Too bad you don't live in Canada - eh? (for Raffi-I's sake...)
-
LOL - Hey Accel - test drove the car - a beast - e real free reving screamer and tight as all! So I made an offer - we have agreed on a price (a few though below their price asn "blue bok" value)...we got hung up on my clearing the car mechanicaly - so it is now going over to an Audi for a full pre-sale chack out, perhaps a bit of warrently work (minor I would guess...windshield wipers & such...etc) and a 20,000mi service....so by Friday it should be mine!!!!!!! I'll try to post some picks sometime....believe me it is wicked! Its been badged out as an RS4 - and though its not that by any means (not even chipped...yet...) its a screamer. Driving around it got much attention (and respect/great interest from some honda tuner types..)- some of the bad unmarked kind...but he backed off...and I slowed down....... So Friday it is...
-
Good for you MJ. If there were a similar event here in DC I would certainly attend (however its too short notice and my contacts insufficient to organize such...) We will watch for you on the news...or at least on Groong! LOL Really though - I share and understand your anger. I fail to understand those who criticise this planned action of yours yet accept what has occured with the politics and leadership in Armenia. Shame.
-
Arpa by your logic you and other Armenians shold leave the US. Excuse me but I seem to recall a great many years where there was no such (incorporated or whatever) nation/state called Armenia - all Armenians thus lived under other's jurisdiction. Not only have Armenians lived in Istanbul/Constantinople for centuries (far pre-dating the arrival of the Turks) - but that have a legacy there of achievement and culture. Istanbul/Constantinople was the seat of two mighty Empires and one of the centers of world culture =- at the pinacle for its time - for nearly two thousand years. How dare you belitle Armenians for being a part of such! As for the Armenians living in Istanbul/Constantinople currently - well it is their home - it is their culture - what right have you to judge them? [ March 01, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: THOTH ]
-
Here here Sip - nice post! However those in power also often make mistakes and/or bad choics and there is certainly much for the world to resent. This war fever certainly doesn't thrill me... I hear you though...this is the greatest nation on earth and we have done so much & facilitated so much that is making our current world such a great place to live in. It truly is a clash of civilizations...
