THOTH
Banned-
Posts
3,609 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by THOTH
-
Yeah agree...a true pipe dream...literally...
-
Yeah I think so too - LOL ...so OK...I'm down on one knee...LOL...seriously I've noticed that as well...
-
50s!!! pleeease....you yungins think anyone over 30 is ancient eh?...no - I 'm just into my 40s (and it ain't all that old [even if I do think I'm getting a bit senile at times...LOL]...I can still remember my 30's pretty clearly....even my 20s & such...LOL)...so not too far removed (from all the fun stuff)....and you Archer? I'd guess perhaps 19-22...
-
OK - other hobbies (and I have a bunch)... Well Wine - of course - love drinking it, talking about it, buying it, etc etc - and I have about a 1,000 bottle cellar now! Doing various stuff with kids (of course) - so you name it..sports, outdoor stuff, museums, projects, schoolwork... Biking, hiking, tennis, canoeing, camping, basketball, swimming, working out... Chess & wargamming...(historical & fantasy),,,incl fantasy minature painting... Video making, some photography reading (lots of sci-fi & fantasy as well as historical stuff, military, various) Music...listen only...(and video & record)...used to be a DJ... Travel - in the US & overseas...(special interest in archeology) Poker & Blackjack Model railroading (but insufficient time to do properly)...do have several H and G sets (an understatement) (would love to do a garden railroad...have done some preliminay design work for such)..also lovee riding trains - especially old steam trains gardening (fruit, vegtable & ornamental) and landscape work - have many heirloom trees, shrubs & bushes in yard...also 12 fruit trees & several berry patches..and of course various projects around the house...(much prefer outside stuff over in...) Fantasy football! (of course) and watching NFL football.... and of course - internet...forums & various... And oh yes - driving cars (fast preferebly)...definatly a great joy for me! Hmm - probably missed something...ain't enough time in the day...
-
Accel - your into warhammer - way col - what factions do you have etc? I'm a long time Dungeons & Dragons player/gamemaster...of course haven't pleayed do much letely - but my kids have been getting into it and so I've been playing some with them. In fact - for the last two years - my eldest has had a Lord of the Rings party. The first year I did a recreation of the fellowship's traverse through Moria...painted up some minatures and used those I already had...I use a 3D cave/tunnel complex system from Dwarven Forge called Master maze - http://www.dwarvenforge.com/index.html - thats just awesome (I have pretty much all of the sets [i have industry contacts so get the - reletively - cheap - and when put together - wow! Its awesome]...so we recreated the flight through Moria - with goblins, cave troll and of course the Balrog...the kids played the fellowiship companions...and the funny thing is that it ended up very much like in the books (or movie for those who haven't had the pleasure..)...the Balrog caught them on the bridge and Gandalf defeated it but was also brough down...pretty awesome and the kids loved it. Of course last year we recreated helms deep! I have various wall sets and had to buy and paint many figures (lots of Uruk Hai)...and what a battle...the orcs blew the wall just as in the movie,,,abd the battle raged (Aragorn died though...oops!)...but my twist was th arrival of the Hurons to save the day (following the book and not the movie...though I had Haldir and the elves there)...anyway...next year (march) i imagine we will do the Battle of Pelenor fields and the fall fo Sauron (oops did I give it away? LOL)
-
LOL - Azat...yeah...it was something like that....
-
In many ways I am very embarrased to admit that I did nothing so romantic as in some of Azat's stories...and in hindsight I really should of...but my wife proposed to me! LOL. We had been dating awhile and I think had gotten to the point where we just assumed we would be married. I mean we moved from the West Coast to the East Coast together, boght a house together (but by that time I think she already proposed)...LOL...as I recall she one day said something to me like - well - we've been together/living together a while and so on and so forth...don't you think we should get married sometime? or "aren't you going to ask me to get married?" (that sort of thing)...and I said "Sure - lets get married/lets do it!"...LOL. So lame in hindsight (and when she's upset at me...for [again] being less romantic then I should at times etc - she certainly reminds me that I didn't make the move)...but frankly - living together suited me just fine...and I guess at some point I assumed we would get married...but I was just a bit laissez faire about it...(which I certainly regret now...as the memory would have been special)...certainly a lesson - it certainly pays not to take things (people particualrly) for granted...I wish I could say I learned from that lesson...lets just say I try as I can...(duh, dumb male that I am...)
-
Yeah - you got it...so now its out eh? ADG knows that I'm a pagan...LOL
-
Don't worry...I have a plan...and yes - my reasons for picking him up and using him (at least for 1 week)...and not so sure just when Candidate will be back...and if he'll be featured right away (remember the skins are the home team)... Oh & Accel...I'm creeping up on you dude...LOL
-
LOL - yeah - I should start getting my family to call me "THOTH" ..actually my wife does sometime when she's messin with me...maybe its because sometimes I call her Venus when I'm messin with her (LOL)... And regarding "for here or to go" - I always specify "to go" everywhere I shop now - just to dave a step...really I do...like when I'm buying shoes for instance (or whatever...lumber at Home Depot etc...you name it) - at the checkout I'll always say "to go"...and the cashier will look at me like "huh?" - then I'll respond - well I wouldn't want you to just put them on a tray or some such or I'll tell them I just wanted toi make it clear in regards to "here or to go" etc. Really - I always mess around like that - just to pass the time (standing there waiting etc)...some actually laugh and get my joke - but most are ussually pretty perplexed...try it sometime!
-
LOL - yeah maybe..but the headache won't... Domino...just a hint...you must consider your audience when giving advice...and haven't I tought you better how to talk to girls? LOL
-
Pounce!!! Gobble gobble...chew, swallow, slurp, lick lips...mmmm good! LOL
-
Isn't he just "special" - mmmmmm (LOL) OK - a bit more serious... A very good point - good decisions.morality and what have you...its a complicated mix...and nothing is perfect - often decsions have to be made that are in ones best interest even though some consequences might be bad...its just the way of things...though fundementally (pun intended) many folks make too much of this one. Sure others may make thsi type of decsion lightly (but for most it not)...and there is no question of a living breathing person haveing "rights" where a fetus...er um...not so sure...at a point perhaps...but this is not a person with a social security card or such that we are talking about...I mean whats next? Are we going to have a moral prohibition against (male) masturbation because were killing millions?
-
Well yeah...but life is just more complicated these days...and people do change, and shcnage in what they want in life...thought it was one thing...then they figured out they had it wrong (or didn't know what was out there - or whatever)...and thats not always a bad thing...people shouldn't stay together if they aren't happy....But I do think marraige has meaning (for a great many)...but its not like it used to be - and never will be - but (your) life is what you make of it...
-
LOL Boghos - agreed...and funny (Hagarag comments) Domino - your the bomb!
-
woof woof
-
Yeah - proud...you should be - proud of who you are...we all should be...
-
Well...its all about the list...I'm just hard to satisfy you know....its got to be like poetry...going on and on and on....verses that fill you up - you know in that special way...like all through your system...give you that special feeling all the way to your tummy...and I just found that Azat...well...he is a man of few words...Domino, on the other hand...just goes on and on and on! Novel length I tell you...not just some short story...I mean just look at his post(s)!!!... ...impressive I tell ya! Nothing short of a page...every time....and always good - hard - hitting prose...I mean whats a reader like me to think/do...I must have him! Domino - I want your love child!!!!! I must have fruit!
-
Yeah agreed (being serious now)...and this whole virginity thing in general (just another control thing of men over women really)...its all a crock. And its truly meaningless IMO (but if it matters to some individual - well thats there thing - fine...)...but I feel sorry for all the (women primarily) who are subjected to such silly unequal judgements. Hey - sex is fun - it is a good thing. It should be more then just a casual thing - IMO - but not so sacricsanct either. Adults should be able to make up their own minds about these things - and shouldn't be afraid of having some fun (with proper precautions of course)....and lets face it - the idea that you will just be with one person - your whole life - ever - well - its just not reality anymore...nor does it need to be...
-
What can I say...I'm over him already....
-
LOL Stormy...(Caliph press release...here here!)...and agree concerning feelings about Tigrannes comments... One must consider though - that (in some cases) too much wine - for the male - may act to make the object of entry less hard (regardless of the female's wine based "greasing"/receptivness as it were...)...making entry more difficult because its less hard...I know this may not seem to make any sense...how something less hard can equate to harder/more difficult (for entry)...but in some cases it can actually be much less difficult when it is in fact harder... LOL
-
LOL - a bit self serving don't you think? I think the "best" guy or gal...for whoever - is a very personal thing and involves a lot of factors...and much is just circumstance (love the one your with [or who you nave sontact with] sort of thing)...and most of us are probably quite clueless in many ways who might be best for us...we think we know...we might know who we are attracted to (or have categorized - they must be this or that, look like this, be like this...etc)...but that doesn't mean we really know...we often make poor choices and or just don't understand (are not open to/or may be unaware)...etc (make sense?)
-
No fair! ...I wanted to have his baby...and I caaaaaan't...sigh...life just ain't fair...LOL
-
Yeah - most of my married friends (and even friends just with girlfriends) aren't so lucky this way. Some wives/girlfriends are really jealous - some to the extreme - and it just blows my mind...the fights and issues that one friend of mine has had with his g/f just because she found out he was going to strip clubs once in a while (my wife has no problem when i go to such...not that I do very often...but yeah a few/several times a year...and we ussually end up discussing wich gals I liked & why - LOL...). Another friend (very good looking guy/ex football player) recently had a row with his wife because she thought a freind of hers was hitting on him and he was flirting with her. Well the way he tells it was that her friend was hitting on himm - and he was freaking out and tring not to respond (but also not offend etc0 - and was worried about his wife getting upset...so yeah - I don't have that problem..but its all about open communication...thats all...
-
No not at all - not lonely...just interested to know...and yeah perhaps/OK...touche...(and i thought all Sip did with his time - on the comp - was calculations and such...!)
