Jump to content

THOTH

Banned
  • Posts

    3,609
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by THOTH

  1. Yeah - I just realized that myself. I wasn't thinking at all that it would matter who I had going on the bye wek...so I set up my team for this upcomming week. I was surprised to see my score increase (but not nearly as much as it would have if i would have played my studs [KC players]...argh) - then it dawned on me...don't know if it makes any difference except for bragging rights though...still - I wan't to at least outscore Juggs... And ExtraHye - we would be happy to have you join us next year...but do you know anything at all about football? (like - most importantly - who the players are - what teams they are on - what positions they play - who is any good [who scores touchdowns & such] etc etc)...but yeah - if you want to come hang with the guys thats OK (as long as you aren't offended by the crudities on our bulletin board...hasn't been too bad...but some leagues I am in...well, you can imagine...).. (hey - your not the one in love with Accelerated are you? That wouldn't be fair...you'd be trading him your good players just so he likes you & such...can't have that...)...but yeah if you are at all interested I could coach you a bit on the basics (I am a very good teacher BTW...concerning many things...LOL)...seriously though - if your really interested...
  2. A very very sad story. Those kids were too young to leave alone - particualrly the 19 moth old...but one can see she was a victim of circumstance (and that an arsonist would stike...highly unusual...). I feel very badly for her...and can't believe that she will really be prosecuted... As for the earlier family (very very sad too..)....but burning newpapers under a wood house? Don't mean to make light of it - but its no wonder the guy was unemployed...
  3. Wowe Accel...i ussually never agree with you on anything...(cept maybe cars of course...speaking of - your sig...I live it! LOL)
  4. and? And Sev-Mard - I totally agree. You don't know how many of my (gal) friends over the years have gone with/for such guys...and end up comming crying on my shoulder...even had to rough up one guy a bit...just to keep in in line some...LOL...but sometimes it seems that they never learn...and keep going back to the same..
  5. LOL - well many make the mistake of thinking that nice/polite & such on the surface/in public means the same behind closed doors...well I can attest that this is not always true. I had one very (sexually etc) wild/adventurous/aggressive g/f that none of my friends could believe was such at all - as she was such a sweety and so mild and shy (seemingly) ...so its the old - you can't always judge the book...etc And on the other hand - its always fun bringing out the wickedness in the prim & proper types...just need the right motivation! LOL
  6. Yeah - I think Kill Bill is out for taking the kids...how will i sneak out to see it is the question... And Edward - agree...already have the soundtrack - have had it for some time..Peter Gabriel...and Gasparian as well - correct?
  7. I just want to Add, typical Marin Scorsese movie, intense, graphic, one I mostly watched this movie because of him, and I do agree with your wife it was a bit too much blood. Never less a great movie. Thoth did you see his "LAST TEPMTATIONS OF CRIST" ? Exactly - I wanted to see it because it was Scorcese...(not for Leonardo! LOL - or even - whats her name..the Blond...)...Danial Day Lewis did a great job though - don't you think..I couldn't figure out who it was - had to wait until the credits...but yeah - great movie - very engaging...if violent certainly (understatement)... and no - have yet to see Last Temptation...certainly on my list...need to see it...
  8. Yeah Sev-mard - can't wait to see Kill Bill - i think it is going to be thoroughly entertaining (love Tarentino's stuff...for the most part...and of course he's named a major character after me [in Pulp Finction] ...LOL So do you think it woudl be OK to bring along fairly young kids - or too violent/bloody etc (I know Qt loves the gore...)
  9. Ouch - that does suck - big time...sorry about that. Its interesting - in california motorcyles zoom along betwee cars all the time...but don't see it so much at all on the East Coast...don't know what the legal issues are - but appparent;ly - by your experience - it is more then just timidness on the part of riders eh?
  10. Seeker - can you at all be serious? If so - I pity your students who rely on you to teach them history.... And your 5 questions do not at all come accross to me as someone asking questions as a seekker (a true [Turkish] seeker would be asking questions about the behavior/position of his governemnt in denial of the deeds of the past - etc)...they are loaded questions where you betray that you have an a priori answer - and one that is very superficial - and one that is very incomplete...and just worng....
  11. THOTH

    Impressions Of The Day

    Yes THOTH has many names...in other mythologies as well. I'm not so sold on any Jewish connection...but perhaps...don't know really - but it was never factored with my choosing the name. And Stormy - ?
  12. OK - here are a few (recent ones) Gangs of New York (just saw it last night) - 8.7 - DVD I thought it very engaging/intresting - particualry considering the (true, believe it or not) historical aspects of the film. My wife thought the violence was gratuitous... Matrix Reloaded (saw last week) - 8.5 - DVD Action was awesome - whole concept is cool. I particualry liked the highway/freeway chase/fight scenes...and of course the kiss with the Mergovian's (?) - wife...wish i were Neo in that one! LOL. Agree with Accels comments on the diologue & plot & stuff (still great flick!) and other scenes (Zion stuff a bit weak IMO) were lacking a bit... With Friends Like Henry (in French with subtitles) - 7.1 - cable Interesting little subtly done psycho murder story...done pretty well...engaging...but pretty basic Pirates of the Carribean - 8.0 - theater Fun movie with nice special effects - good action...and of course a rackish Johnny Depp to get the ladies going!
  13. THOTH

    Paintings Etc.

    LOL...OK then...
  14. Love at first sight...all the time! (LOL) And no - I don't think that love (real love - or whatever one may call it) is strictly (or even necissarily or primarily) hormonal or physiological dependent. And as Domino so eloquently (for PHDs) describes - there is certainly a difference between the love of infatuation and that which is deeper - that has developed over time - out of a bonding (of whatever sort - friend, family etc).\ But even regarding infatuation - while obviously physical attraction - and admiration (infatuation) because of whatever it is that this person does, says or is percieved to be etc - are perhaps dominant factors...much of this is I think mental (immagnation...flight of fancy sort of thing) and not just strictly physiological. Regardless..what does it matter? (and to answer my own question - perhaps the prudent person would attempt to realize the difference between infatuation and trhe deeper love (or realizing who might truly be "good" for them - over the long haul & such) - of course the best is when all these things fall into place (and both parties are available, interested and otherwise non-commited...LOL)
  15. Yes vava - it all is compressed - but you really wouldn't know it - quality is ussually superb. Sometimes there are digital artifacts - but really that is rare. There is really no need for a proffesional camcorder for most applications. Check out the high end Sony, panasonic or Canon pro-sumer camcorders to get 95% of pro capability at a fraction of the price. Pro version only ussualy differ by use of BNC connectors for mics - allowing high end stuff and ability to record ad DCCAM (which is faster)...only real diff that I know...(for most)...and some of the canons (pricy) have interchangable lenses and such - and are pretty awesome...I prefer Sony - tend to do just about everything well - and lots of connection oprttions & such ussually...though I think Panasonic may have slightly better video quality.
  16. THOTH

    Hobbies

    Yeah I think its $250 for first offense (not that I've had the experieince of being stopped...). Agree with you 100% regarding carpool lanes (though I make use of them here every day - as my wife ad I communte together...) - they are a admision of taotal failure (meanwhile were likely building 10 lane freeways in Bagdad...think of that next time people while you are stuck in traffic...) Your rockrailer is way cool...yeah - you can be my crew and 'Bruin can be our Bud-lite chick...and stand there and look nice...LOL...anyway - enjoy your views...and as much as I do too...I would rather be behind the wheel getting some real thrills! (afterwards might be a different story...hope she won't mind me pouring champagn down the front of her shirt! [sorry 'bruin - just getting carried away with the moment...and I know your a good sport - LOL!])
  17. Yes - the info is correct. What you may be refering to is frame rate. Soe epro cameras can adjust to film frame rates (I forgot if its 24 or 30 ips...verses video rates...I think film is 24 and video 30) - I don't deal with film or have to worry about this - so I can't tell you for sure. Pro DV also has a setting for a higher capture rate (tape speed) - though its debatable if the quality gain is really descernable - perhaps with frequent edits. But as Steve has said - the camcorder does JPEG compression and no further cmpresion is done upon tranfer to a hard drive etc - which is why DV video needs many gigabits...I think its about 1 gig per minute of vid....or worse...
  18. THOTH

    Hobbies

    LOL - I so hear you....I'm not the most patient person in traffic sometime (LOL) - but basically I'm OK....and I tend to be very understanding and curteous (if I'm at all sticking around and not just zooming off etc) to people who drive more slowely or otherwise are taking their time, need to cut in etc (as long as they use their signal...but if not...nope...) - I actually deal with these types bewtter then most (I just accept what they are doing and do my thing...go around or what have you...don't get angry/upset etc)...etc etc....but the one things that so gets me - is folks that sit there after the light turns green.....(left turns are the worst)....sometimes they just go as the light is turning yellow - so are the only ones to get through...or just in general not enough cars get through and you wait again etc....I've been known to pull around these types on the right and cut accross in front of them (etc)...(thus I was already used to [doing] this sort of thing driving in Turkey...LOL). But whats your problem Sip....that one traffic light in town giving you trouble? LOL But yeah - on ther East Coast its similar (except perhaps in NY & Boston)...pedestrians are actually deffered to...LOL (and I pretty much always drive this way - believe it or not...). My wife and I were just talking today at lunch (I took her to an Armenian food festival today) - we were talking about car pool lanes here - how there are no dividers - yet most people adhere to the rule not to getr in them without sufficient passngers etc...well she said she couln't imagine it working in LA - there would have to be barriers, enforcement, and there would propbably be a few shootings over it....LOL So true...
  19. THOTH

    Hobbies

    Sip - I should add though that I am impressed. I am a mechanical moron. But if I ever turn pro (racer0 I'll be sure to call you up for pit crew...LOL)
  20. THOTH

    Hobbies

    Well in part you got it Sip...but no - I'm talking a flame thrower that shoots out thr front (like from under the front of the car)...of course - wouldnt want to be moving too fast I guess...luckily there was no concern for the paint. I had this old beat up car (people kept hitting me for a period....like 3 accidents in a 4 month period)...and I would take their insurance money and then fix the car as bare bones cheap as I could...basically getting unpainted body panels...and just letting them rust...same car that I never did wash - not once - the entire tiome I lived in LA! LOL ..yeah its was a get the f out of my way car! LOL....so yeah - the flame thrower was to be on the front...I ussually don't need a back off device (rarely does another vehical stick to my tail)....LOL
  21. THOTH

    Beating Children

    Well the only time I ever beat my children...is playing chess or some other game (I never intentionally let them win...and in fact my eldest has only beaten me at chess once...and its not likely to happen again anytime soon...I was distracted - probably by some T & A on TV or some such...ad he did play a particualrly inspired game!) But of course if by beating you refeer to hitting...well - no - I don't believe in it - for the most part. I've spanked my children less then 5 times their whole life between them (but the memory holds so its still a good threat....so its served its purpose)...and as unruly as my kids can be (they are not intentionally bad or anything)..well I have other methods of exerting control./influence and teaching them things. Ussually what works is I threaten to not do something fun with them that they were expecting to do with their dad...and since I am a really fun guy - well they shape up right away and beg me to still shoot off model rockets with them, or play Dungeons and Dragons with them or some such..ussully works...if not just temporarily...and just talking things through of course and other denial of fun punishments if need be.... Funny - when I was younger (much) like high school age or even a bit earlier I used to babysit children (and cut lawns, do gardening, odd jobs...etc etc...). Well there were these particualry difficult brothers who drove the other babysiters in the neighborhood nuts...no one would accept to babysit...but me...and in fact the kids specified me...and their mother would ask what my availability was before making plans etc....LOL - all true. My secret was I brought along my Dungeons and Dragons game and we played (versus whatever lame thing the other babysiters did)...and if the kids got out of line (rare with me - because we had too much fun...even doing other things....and I was probably alot more tolerant of wildness - joined in on it even - LOL...etc) anyway - if they got out of line I would threaten to punish their character in the game...all it took...and not only that I'd have them getting me things out of the fridge, etc...heck they probably would have shined my shoes and taken out the garbage, covered for me if I had a girl over - that sort of thing...etc....LOL...its all a matter of approach...
  22. THOTH

    Thought Of The Day

    Touche Axel...very good...LOL
  23. THOTH

    Hobbies

    Great story about the thft detection Sip 9a few posts back) But this post made me think of back when I was in LA - some of my best freinds were PHD candiates (physics & other stuff) - at Cal Tech (you know the pranksters...don't know if anyone is familiar...and unfortunatly - this is all I could find on it - http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/goods/O.M...ook_review.html But anyway - they, knowing how I drive, etc - offered (seriously) to hook up a flame throwing device running off my gas line activated by a switch (with some swival control for aiming...)...well - as much as the idea had appeal - I couldn't go for it (because I'd be too tempted to use it...someone do something stupid in front of me - like stop in the middle of the road...fail to use a turn signal properly or some such...and BLAST - on go the jets! LOL) ...they way I feel about traffic now - I probably would have let them do it...
×
×
  • Create New...