Jump to content

THOTH

Banned
  • Posts

    3,609
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by THOTH

  1. Yes - most (DV) cams shoot interlaced. I actually have a camcorder that shoots either interlaced or non - switchable..ome of the only ones I've ever seen with this feature - it is a high end Sony). However any movement in non-interlaced mode becomes a bit Jerky (speaking of such - if you've seen my stills [and know the pics I'm talking about..."no camera" in specific] - they were taken non-interlaced and extracted from the vid - must cripser pic that way - and twice the pixs)...not sure that non-interlaced motion vid would be any better for you - but perhaps better on a (non-interlaced) comp screen then on a TV - don't know - but doubt it... Also you shold realize - not all DV cams are the same. The better ones (most $$$$) have better optics, image stabalizers (optical) and CCDs (mine used 3 - which is recommended for highest quality & color accuracy)...and of course you certanly get what you pay for. And it makes a great diofference. My vids look great - even expanded onto a large projection set - where other DV cams start to look grainy. I can even splice in my DV cam shots with DigiBetacam and Beta SP stuff and you often can;'t tell the difference. Another facto of course is lighhting. You must have excellent lighting to get the best pic - otherwise you are introducing noise up front...and with editing wtc - this only compounds...
  2. LOL - forwarded this list to my wife and just got a response back - "no Trick or Treating for you this year!"
  3. Whoo hoo - funny But - as an old guy - I can attest that not all of the negatives that seem to be attributed to getting older (#5 for instance...I mean I very much still do enjoy my sweets as it were...LOL) are in fact true (at least not yet...) - though many other good points certainly...
  4. THOTH

    Life Is An Act

    Yeah Armat - I hear you...and have dealt with/been impacted by similar...but most that work with me just know how I am...and that I speak my mind...so don't know - what do I care really...I've even gotten in trouble (a bit) before concerning racial stuff - where my bosses felt I was out of line etc...but the Bros had no problem with me - I was just talking frankly ad being honest/myself etc...and they knew I wasn't racist..etc - oh well - what can you do...crazy world sometimes...
  5. LOL - but what are they going to do - go "Oink Oink"? And don't the always do that anyway?
  6. THOTH

    Life Is An Act

    Well shiner - understand what your saying...though its funny how - for all the seeming variation - most people fall into the same predictable patterns... I on the other hand have always bee a true original - LOL - really some truth to that...and I am certainly always myslef in any situation...and rarely hold back (my opinions and being me...etc)...sure maybe its gotten me into trouble here & there...yes...but I couldn't have it any other way... Oh & here is one for you-all - (comes from the entertainment industry) Q -How do you say FU to someone in LA? A -"Trust me" (a line I used recently to an Auto salesmen when he stated just that (trust me)..."you said what? - well to me this means you just told me...." etc
  7. Accel - no biggie - just think that when your the age that you are you ought to be doing it...like nearly all the time...(and not just with yourself) LOL (There are also so many benefits/joys to having - being with someone that you care about and vice versa - and adventures to be had - things to learn, do and see together) - etc...thats just what I think...and its not like i don't feel that way now (about all the preceeding...)...and for the most part can't complain (& still fully functional & all & married life certainly does have some benefits..)...but having almost died 2 years ago - I certainly feel like life and/or health can end at any time...so you figure it out...
  8. LOL - i used to know these guys - back in the days before the internet - who would take/tape all the highlights from ESPN and cut and splice them - arranged for each fanstasy team/match up in the league - and make a (fantasy league) highlight tape each week...fanatical...i know...but you gotta love it...
  9. Yes she is isn't she...very firm from the look of it....mmmm
  10. Understood..sorry to hear that...no $ (for a nice car...vigor is Ok - could be worse)...and no b/f...thats the real concern...LOL (at this stage in your life...)
  11. Sip - fnny story about the parking - LOL Yeah I often get spaces after others have tried & failed...but thats mostly parallel parking...I can fit into a space not at all much longer then my car...but I don't want dents - so i tend to park far out and in end spaces whenever possible...
  12. Its funny how my car is actually very subtly done - and even with the modded exhaust is quite tame sounding (until I floor it!) - but all the car folks - the rice modders, big blockers etc etc - seem to notice it - I think its the wheels and the fat exhaust...(Its those soccer moms & drivers of mid level - somewhat quick - but not nearly as they think - who have no idea what hit them...when they try to drag to a light etc - LOL)...I even get thumbs up from speedbikers - got on just today in fact. While I understand the utility of the spoilers - they really only help when driving at upper speeds - so good for the track. Sure some of these guys track their caars and drive them such...but most I think just do it for the look (which is sometimes cool - but often is overdone)
  13. THOTH

    Impressions Of The Day

    Yeah that pic is absolutly awesome Azat...and sure makes me glad I don't live there anymore...LOL...unbelievable really...and they should hang the folks that started this. Actually I've never been for the (governmentally mandated) death penalty...but I am certainly a believer in cruel and unusual punishments!
  14. Funny I was thinking the same thing about the size of the spoiler on the rear of rice mobiles!!!! Some of them have bigger tail wings than a 747 LOL - yeah perhaps thats the new version. I've always preferred small cars (just /my preference)...my Audi is really as big of a car I would ever want - I like the manueverability..and being able to park most anywhere - another reason I miss driving my MR2...could get that thing into about any spot...
  15. LOL - perhaps I should get a "baby on board" sticker - eh - what do you think? LOL Actually had an interesting run today with a 1st gen Mazda RX-7 Turbo...boy was prety fast...and he sure thought he could beat me...well he was quick...still I opwned him when I finally did stomp it...was fun though...I followed him thruogh some twisties after then put on another little show...LOL Soccer mom my ass! LOL
  16. Nothing wrong with that. A buddy of mine owns a Mustang Cobra (with some minor mods) and a seriously hopped up (no NOS though) civic. Well his civic does Quarters in the low-mid 12s! - better then his Cobra! Most of the jap import crowd - even modded - can't even begin to stay with my Audi...thoguh an Sti kept it real close a few weeks ago - and if i didn't juke hikm a bit at the start may have even been able to take me...maybe...I was pulling on him more as our speed increased....and he declined another oppurtunirty to go at me...LOL Ain't I just a little boy (for such an old man! LOL) - I love it!
  17. NOS is only mostly good for short bursts - so for a drag race & such...and it can strain many engines...too much power. Its not the type of thing I would do...but for some - sure - it certainly works... Hey glad to hear your into cars (great to see gals into such)...love em myself & love driving. Right now I have 4 in the driveway and 1 in the garage (my baby - 64 1/2 Mustang Convertible! mint condition of course w/289 4 barrel V8). Will soon be getting rid of two of my cars though - 1 makes me most sad to give up - a supercharged Toyota MR2 that is way fast off the line and with the semi-slicks I used to run with handled quite well...looking for a new home (it needs some work...but the engine is in great shape). I'd love to do up the suspension a bit and make it a autocrosser...but my wife won't have it (putting money into yet another car)...my new baby is an Audi S4 V6 twin Turbos - running 320-330 HP and 360 lb/ft of torque! - lowered and running with big 19" wheels with 235/35 super low profiles...plus suspension, intake & exhaust mods...can run with basically anything (so far so good)...even some (of the smaller) speedbikes...LOL So what do you drive girl? (or is it your b/f with the fancy wheels?)
  18. No - I'll be getting the AWD version - I'm thoroughly sold on AWD after the S4. A new S4 is $45K+ - I sohould be able to get the Volvo for $25-30K (all optioned out)....like I said - I have my ways/connections...its no STi or such (though nicer in amenities)...but I think it will do... Did I tell you I beat a new (V8) S4 pretty good in my hopped up 2001? Also took on a few (2) (regular) WRXs already this week...toyed with em...
  19. Accel - how can you watch the game from down under? Do they actually televise it? Actually American football has a lot going for it. There ias much about the plays - and what both the offesnnse and defense is doing - and what specific players manage thats really awesome. I play a strategy boardgame call Stratomatic Football that I recommend to anyone who really wants ot get a thourough understanding of the dynamics of the game. It is - bar none - the greatest pro football simulation ever made- and great fun!
  20. Wow Accel - way cool. I've been able to drive an earlier one quite a bit (know someone who used to have one...then he got a nice Saleen Stang - that was also quite fun to drive...still neither as fast as my Audi - IMO - LOL). Looks like our next car just might be the new (2005) Volvo S40 T5. No drag racer but we can get a good/special deal on the car - in Europe - and will likely get one there - drive it around France & Germany for a few weeks - then ship it back. Its really a pretty nice car - 6 speed- AWD...220HP...0-60 in 6.7 sec...33 MPG (amazing with this kind of power/Pperformance) and some very cool features etc. Frankly I would never ever have sonsidered buying a Volvo before this one - but the price/performance etc is right - and it is supposed to handle better then any Volvo made to date - looks pretty good too..Check it out: http://www.channel4.co.uk/apps26/4car/jsp/..._2&reviewid=833
  21. THOTH

    Impressions Of The Day

    Azat you are a hoot! I'm thinking of your concrete pouring episode as well...LOL...no wonder you surpised that kitchen you built is still standing...
  22. Yeah Sev-Mard - I believe your right...for whatever reason. In many ways I'm glad I don't have to deal with all that anymore...but in a lot of ways I miss it terribly...LOL (some of it is that - knowing what i know now sort of thing...etc)...heh enjoy it while you can...
  23. Now this is getting rich....
  24. I like the sound of that, Sip and I playing one on one..... Whoo hoo! LOL Sorry E-H - I had mixed your infatuation with Sip to think it was Acelerated...my mistake and I'm most sorry...but what I said before goes..if your just in it for Sip - i suggest you pursue him via other avenues...
  25. Azat...!! - and I thought you liked me! And on B'ball - I never really considered it before - as I don't at all follow it as i do football - but if someone here were to do a leauge I'll join (better bo soon - no - the season is starting...) - never done fantasy b'ball - but mostly it would be because I have enjoyed playing in the football league with you guys (yeah - chance to diss you & such...LOL)
×
×
  • Create New...