Zartonk Posted June 18, 2006 Report Share Posted June 18, 2006 I agree that Ghana put up one of the best shows yet. They played -as we say- quite Brazilian. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aSoldier Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 now France-Korea 5-0 not quite Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 OK everybody now that you have seen all the teams in the finals lets get into action and predict the winner. My choice is Argentine I hope Mosjan will have some gift to the winner. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
skhara Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 I'd pick Argentina also if it wasn't in Europe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 I want England, but I'll say Argentina... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 1st choice Holland 2, Brazil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aSoldier Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 Spain Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 we saw a good game, now France-Korea 5-0 Those French are trying to get themselves eliminated - if the Swiss & Koreans play to a draw, it'll come down to goal differential.... They should have man-handled this group. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Boghos Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 I watch the Argy game in Buenos Aires with about 200 people. Quite a day, let me tell you. Brazil was pathetic but still cannot be discarded. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 1st choice Holland 2, Brazil Moderatorship can't give you two choices. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arpa Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 ust in case you guys may conclude I am not watching he Cup Games. I am still waiting for Hagarag to root with me the Armenia V Mongolia match. What? You didn’t know we invented “votna-gndak”/ fut-bol, along with the champion Bargatuni-TelAvivians and the monopoly-tan Mongolians? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 I am still waiting for Hagarag to root with me the Armenia V Mongolia match. This can never happen since Hagarag's team is a combination of Armenia, mongolia, China, Tel Aviv etc. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 19, 2006 Report Share Posted June 19, 2006 Moderatorship can't give you two choices. what does it have to do with me being a moderator? besides I'm a regular member also, so, I get 2 choices seriously, i like overall level of the games this time, compair to Japan-Korea 2002 level the games are played beutifuly. so far best game I saw was czech-ghana Brazil will progress as time goes by, usualy they are slow at first, but I like KAKA, so far Havent seen anything imprasive from either Ronaldinio or Rivaldo I like to see Holland_Brazil Final, that would be a one unforgatable game Boghos do you remember Mexico 1986 world cup game Brazil-France? I could never forget that game. the best game I ever watched Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
skhara Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 I am still waiting for Hagarag to root with me the Armenia V Mongolia match. he he he he phantom, I'm laughing with you. I like to see Holland_Brazil Final, that would be a one unforgatable game Remember the 98 semifinal meeting between the two? Holland I thought dominated the match, except Kluivert couldn't put anything away. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 he he he he phantom, I'm laughing with you. Remember the 98 semifinal meeting between the two? Holland I thought dominated the match, except Kluivert couldn't put anything away. yes I remember of course, that was a solid game, I also remember Grmany-Holland game in Italy, that was also a great game. Holland national team has been thourn apart by intrenal conflicts, players not getting along with couch, with each other, those who understand Football would agree Holland always played consistant solid games in all world cups, I wish they would win this time around Spain-Tunis game was also a good one, spanish played very good second halh, they alos have a great chance Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 seriously, i like overall level of the games this time, compair to Japan-Korea 2002 level the games are played beutifuly Ayo, Ditto and Amen! BTW I would like to clarify that Brazil is my fave squad, despite the average performence so far... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 (edited) .. now France-Korea 5-0 Ha ha ... I had actually called the tie on my online pick'em leagues. However, the odds in Vegas were such that I picked Korea for the win so I didn't actually make any money on them (was only a $10 bet). But it was the most fun game to watch as there were a bunch of Koreans around and we all were going CRAZY whenever they did anything good. I think the French supporters were kind of puzzles why I was jumping up and down and screaming right along with the Koreans! Actually, when the time came for that last free kick, I couldn't believe that they actualy had the chance to win! I did make $50 on Argentina though .. that was such a no brainer But the other thing I want to say is ... Italy has definitely by faaaaaaaaaar the wussiest players of any country. What a disgrace. I hope they are eliminated in round 1. Even the tiny Koreans don't fall and cry and bitch on every single tap as much as these fruits do. Edited June 20, 2006 by Sip Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 I wish they would win this time around Holland has no chance with this team. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 Holland has no chance with this team. I think they will reach at list to semi finals, Holland -Argentina game is going to be a good one repeat of 1978 Yervand du footballits ban men al ches hasknar Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 I think they will reach at list to semi finals, Holland -Argentina game is going to be a good one repeat of 1978 Yervand du footballits ban men al ches hasknar We'll see later just like QUOTE(Edward @ Jun 18 2006, 01:56 PM) .. now France-Korea 5-0 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 I think they will reach at list to semi finals, Holland -Argentina game is going to be a good one repeat of 1978 Yervand du footballits ban men al ches hasknar Ed jan; Anche a touk HyeForumi vera ek te xaghere ge tidek??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 We'll see later just like QUOTE(Edward @ Jun 18 2006, 01:56 PM) .. now France-Korea 5-0 OK, lets make a Gentelments bet seriously, name your bet Holland is in Finals!!! so what do you say Yervand? name a bet and I will honor it (if i loose) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 OK, lets make a Gentelments bet seriously, name your bet Holland is in Finals!!! so what do you say Yervand? name a bet and I will honor it (if i loose) I do not gamble but I'll say Varbedoutyan If Holland reaches to the finals I'll send you my congratulations and declare that I do not know this game and call you the master of it. How about that? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 (edited) I do not gamble but I'll say Varbedoutyan If Holland reaches to the finals I'll send you my congratulations and declare that I do not know this game and call you the master of it. How about that? ok deal, and a bottle of konyak? Edited June 20, 2006 by Edward Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted June 20, 2006 Report Share Posted June 20, 2006 The finals is going to be between Argentina and Brazil ... either that or Argentina vs Germany. At this point it's a bit too soon to make that prediction though so I'll save my prediction till after round 1 is complete and the brackets are determined. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.