Jump to content

Em

Members
  • Posts

    1,359
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Em

  1. I was thinking of Arpa's comment to as soon a the 20 seconds were up. But I was expecting much more time to be spent on the Jews & Holocaust. That surprised me. I wish I hadn't watched. It was horrible. Especially images of the dead children.
  2. Mos, some women know how to use a gun. ~~~~~~ Guns are both fascinating and horrifying!
  3. Em

    ~~~Mtnel Nkari Mej~~~

    You know the cliche question they ask.. "Now that you have won a million dollars, what are you going to do with the money?".. my answer would be Santorini....escape to Sanotrini for an indefinite period of time. Santorini.bmp
  4. If your smile is remotely comparable to that of Hayko's, then I would say that you should always smile.
  5. Movses, I'm sure there is no reason to lie about that. And I remember what you are refering to, but incidents like those are very rare. I know a story like that, too. A very wealthy husband with no pre-nup found out that his young wife was cheating on him. He had a lot of money to lose, so he kept quiet for a few weeks. He scheduled a very elaborate trip out of state. He asked her to reserve everything and had everything paid for. She even drove him to the airport. His brother was already waiting to drive him back as soon as she left him at the terminal. Anyway, she bought the whole act and within a few hours her lover was in their bed with her. So the husband went in, with his own key, with camera in hand and recorded them together in bed. She still got a very nice settlement in the divorce, enough so that she maintains her home above Sunset Strip and the lifestyle that goes with it. (The reason being that he went in with a gun in his rear pocket. That was the only stupid mistake he made.) I understood Anoushik's comment to mean that exceptions such as the stories you and I know of are few and far in between, and generally speaking, women are the ones who are psychologically and emotionally hurt. It's not fair to use an extreme example to exemplify common Armenian marriages in the States.
  6. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Lol. I agree with you. I have noticed that the ones who "do" don't talk about it. It's the ones who "don't" that have stories to tell.
  7. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    All stereotypes have some base to them. I am not the first person to note that Italian men are more romantic than say Armenian men. It doesn't mean that we should marry Italians. It may mean that as individuals we can take example from them. Or we can stop talking about them altogether. My post was not meant as a reflection of Armenian men in a derogatory manner. I am just praising one aspect of one culture. No need to defend our boys. I have been an Armenian for 26 years. I am very well aware of the positives and negatives of both genders of my people. And I have only dated and married an Armenian guy. So you don't need to sell me on them.
  8. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Che Ashot, harkavor chi shat mtaces. Katak enq anem. Mi qani or araj nstats ey seghani shurj azab yev amusnacats jahelneri het. Mi kich xmac eyn bolor@ yev tema bacvec Rus axchikneri masi. Bolor tghamardiq sqsecin "haytnel" te inch lavnen Ruser@...vor anhamemateli en "Hye" axchikneri het. Iharke arraji anqam chi vor nman ban eynq lsum, yev iharke shat srtneris motik chntunecinq. Bayc hetaqrqir@ ayn e vor tghamard@ iravunq uni (yev masayum et iravunqner@ pashpanvumen) urishi azgi lav banner@ govelu. Isk kananc "chi sazum" nman "complimentner" anel. Yes shat yerkar vaxt xorn ey mtatsum..bayc voroshelem targel! Aniyi papan shat imastun marda yev mi qani hat shat lav xosq uni. Asuma: "Shat mi mtaci, mtacel@ fikstulutyuna!"
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nur_u--Hl8g...feature=related Hye en es madiq te...Vraci? Che Hrya en... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Ltm91plZk...feature=related
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zQHD5qIF6Y...feature=related
  11. The bride dances very gracefully!
  12. Spasiba maya daragaya padruga!
  13. Hayko Du Kas Vochinch Chi Mna Kez I don't care for this type of "club mix", but I keep watching this clip for his smile @ 0:21. I adore his smile.
  14. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Ch@haskaca et yerkar pausan.. da lav pausa er te vat?
  15. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    I wish! :-) No Maral jan, it was for someone else. That picture was taken on a street in Florence. I just loved the romantic gesture so much that I wanted to share it. Italians do romance better! :-)
  16. Once again your advice has helped me out a lot. Thank you Sip! I knew I could refer to HF to find the answers I was looking for.
  17. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Mersi maxtanqi hamar Movses.
  18. They had quite a reception for the players at Zvartnots and a mini concert with Nune Yesayan, Alla Levonyan, Leyla Saribekyan & others singing patriotic songs. I'm certain clips of it will be on YouTube soon.
  19. YEREVAN PREPARING FOR HEROES’ ARRIVAL [02:19 pm] 26 November, 2008 Yerevan is going to give an enthusiastic welcome to Armenian chess players returning to their Homeland at 7 p.m., November 26. Yesterday the Armenian team became the winner of the Chess Olympiad 2008 defending its champion’s title at the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden. Today our GMs are returning to Armenia by a charter flight. Numerous fans, representatives of the Armenian Chess Federation, friends and acquaintances will be at “Zvartnots” airport to meet our sportsmen. At 7:30 a grand concert will be given in the Sports and Concert Complex after K. Demirchyan dedicated to the glorious victory of Armenian chess players. The GMs will arrive at the complex in the middle of the show attended by Armenian pop starts. Remind that our team last received a warm welcome in May, 2006, after the victory in the Turin Olympiad.
  20. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Translation: “Good wishes to you who is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I love you!”
  21. Very, very cool bands... The National (What a voice...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZDl2xRK_r8...feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwcJgpv6S1c...feature=related The Arcade Fire
×
×
  • Create New...