Jump to content

Em

Members
  • Posts

    1,359
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Em

  1. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    LOL. @ Ani's post. Impressions from the past two days: My anti-rain dance worked!!!!! Yaaaaay! No rain. Sunny skies. I'm a happy camper.
  2. Em

    PROTOCOLS

    Thank you Yervand for your input on this topic. I feel like an adult stepped into the "room".
  3. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    As a person, I grow and thrive when someone offers me their friendship and opens the self to me. I take more form the relationships in which I don't feel like I am asked to be owned nor own. When something is given freely and with no expectation of anything in return, I am able to reciprocate by being my authentic self and bringing down my walls. Then I need to give...
  4. Em

    PROTOCOLS

    http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/insi...eav100509.shtml
  5. Thank you, Nane. One more...
  6. Em

    PROTOCOLS

    Another friend shared a different link. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=63858595
  7. Em

    PROTOCOLS

    A friend shared a link with me today. It may be of interest to some. http://www.aiprg.net/en/content/169/
  8. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    People have such delusions of "what may be" that they do not see "what is".
  9. Otar Xagher: http://www.hyevideos.com/media/6616/Otar_X...Armenian_Movie/ The lead actor is so handsome. And very interesting marital dynamic. I really like this movie.
  10. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    I was at the Simon yesterday. They have a few Van Goghs. The Mulberry Tree in particular was stunning. And the amazing collection of religious art and artifacts demand attention. The man had quite a collection. And I love Degas. They have quite a few of his ballerina prints and actual sculptures.
  11. So how was the illness referred to previously? I would tend to think that in the past people did suffer from the actual disorder, yet they were not treated or taken seriously since the study of mental illnesses is a relatively new science. My uncle suffered from manic depression (and was most probably irrevocably damaged) due to absurd experimentative therapy and drugs. In the Soviet years, mentally ill patients were total lab rats in Armenia. However, it is funny that people refer to short-lived blue periods as "depression".
  12. Em

    ԽԵՆԹ

    Ays barr@ im amena sirvats barrn e Hayeren lezvum.
  13. Em

    Impressions Of The Day

    Can you just postpone the rain dance till Monday, please? I want to enjoy one more weekend of sun. I hate that summer is over. My love affairs with summers are growign shorter and shorter as I age. I hate waking up to dark and gloomy mornings. So one more weekend of sun? Please?
  14. Em

    Turkey And Armenia

    I don't know about that. Granted, that bit about "the brutal civil war" and "issue of semantics" is clear indication of her brainwashing and pre-set ideology regarding the AG; nonetheless, I think she is kinder to us than most of her "kin" and fellow "intellectuals" in news media. I try to be honest to myself and give some credit where it is due. She does try...as a Turk. I can at least do the same and acknowledge that I, too, have been inundated with the belief that my personhood as an Armenian diasporan is solely tied to the AG. Yet I want to look for solutions and not remain stuck in this quicksand. I want my daughter to inherit a prosperous and victorious Armenia and not the oppressed and victimized picture of it I internalized and still hold to from childhood.
  15. Em

    Got English?

    OMG Garo. Nice link. Suffice to say it has made the rounds in the city and certain offices. Too funny! The council meetings are televised! This woman had a lot of guts to go up and do this.
  16. Happy Birthday Armine. Kez hamar liq@ liq@ lav banner em tsankanum. Huysov em lav antskacrecir.
  17. Hi Maral. If interested, you may hear them live on Sept. 27 at Ford Amphitheater.
  18. I could lend you the book that Ani mentioned. I LOVE IT so much. I was told Shiraz's poems are for first graders, but he writes so beautifully about his love for his mother. Please let me know if you need it.
  19. I have deeply imbedded romantic sensibilities, Movses jan. I would go and volunteer my services if war broke out again. Or at least help out in any way I could. I really want to live in Yerevan again in my lifetime. Bayc lava giten vor zinvats knoj mot "xax" chka.
  20. Before I get shot for suggesting such a thing, please take it with a grain of salt. Maybe what LTP planted will bear fruit through intelligent maneuvering on the part of current administration. Lots of people would like to see open relations between our two countries. I don't live in Armenia and do not bear the direct brunt of the hostility and hardship our people endure on a daily basis. MAYBE some good can come out of some REAL dialogue- symbolically presented for the benefit of both countries citizens. Maybe our country can be proactive and change the course of it's future. At some point, you have to pick yourself up, shake off the "victim" title, roll up your sleeves and get to work. Not forget or be trusting, but forgive to heal thyself first.
  21. As a friend pointed out, now we wait to see if Azerbaijan makes a stink over it. If not, we are doomed over NK issue.
  22. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_...urkey_armenia_4 Turkey, Armenia agree to establish diplomatic ties By SUZAN FRASER, Associated Press Writer – Mon Aug 31, 3:30 pm ETANKARA, Turkey Armenia and Turkey agreed Monday to establish diplomat relations, overcoming a seemingly intractable rift that dates to the early 20th century and was marked by massacres of Armeniansunder Ottoman rule. The neighboring countries would be setting up and developing relations for the first time, Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman Burak Ozugergin said. It is unclear, however, if the talks will touch on the dispute over theWorld War I-era killings. The issue is a major stumbling block to Turkey's aspirations to join the European Union and has strained ties with the United States. Historians estimate that, in the last days of the Ottoman Empire, up to 1.5 million Armenians were killed by Ottoman Turks in what is widely regarded as the first genocide of the 20th Century. Turkey denies that the deaths constituted genocide, contending the toll has been inflated and that the casualties were victims of civil war. It says Turks also suffered losses in the hands of Armenian gangs. Turkey and Armenia also disagree about Armenian forces' control of the Arzerbaijani region of Nagorno-Karabakh. Turkey is a close ally of Azerbaijan and back Baku's claims to the region, which has a high number of ethnic Armenian residents but is located within Azerbaijan's borders. Turkey was one of the first countries to recognize Armenia's independence in 1991, but the two countries never established diplomatic relations and their joint border has been closed since 1993. Ties began to improve after a so-called soccer diplomacy campaign last year, when Turkish PresidentAbdullah Gul attended a World Cup qualifier in Armenia. Armenia's President Serge Sarkisian has said he wants significant diplomatic progress on the reopening of their shared border before he will agree to attend a World Cup qualifying match in Turkey on Oct. 14. The Turkish Foreign Ministry said the upcoming talks, agreed to after mediation by Switzerland, should last about six weeks. Armenian political commentator Artyom Yerkanian, speaking during a special broadcast on Armenian television, suggested the agreement to establish ties could be signed at the October match in Turkey.
×
×
  • Create New...