Jump to content

Vanetsi

Members
  • Posts

    303
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Vanetsi

  1. There would be no true emotion without free will. Whatever our purpose is, it would not exist without free will.
  2. Vanetsi

    Armenian Food

    TAHN I need a good recipe for tahn. I've realized after many failed attempts that the trick is in the proportions Does anyone have a special recipe? I love tahn with mint. Anahid, I beseech you. I'm sure you have the Haygagan jash yev khmeechk know-how to help me out
  3. I speak for all forward-minded Armenians when I say this: Erdogan--- SIKTIR!
  4. Its starting to feel like Christmas
  5. Are you going to their concert on december 18th gam? I've been looking forward to it since I saw the first commercial.
  6. HAHAHA people may get the wrong impression of us if they see these kinds of pictures...
  7. It doesn't say it in the article but a friend of mine heard from his close friend Abp. Nourhan Manougian,who used to be pastor in Houston, but is now the Grand Sacristan in Jerusalem, that the fight was indeed between the students of an Orthodox Jewish school and the Armenian seminarians. This is not the first. A similar instance occurred about a year ago where Abp. Nourhan was attacked during the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
  8. Here's another instance of confrontation fueled by religious extremism. The victims were Armenian Christians and the perpetrators were orthodox Jews. JERUSALEM PATRIARCHATE: ALTERCATION AT ST. JAMES BROTHERHOOD Noyan Tapan Armenians Today Nov 1 2005 JERUSALEM, NOVEMBER 1, NOYAN TAPAN - ARMENIANS TODAY. On the evening of Thursday, 27 October, an altercation between a group of students and the Dean of the St. James Brotherhood Seminary and Theological School, V. Rev. Fr. Baret Yeretzian, resulted in bodily injuries to two of the seminarians, the Dean, and the guard on duty at the Seminary entrance, the Divan of the Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem reported. Upon consulting with His Beatitude the Patriarch, with the immediate arrangements by Archbishop Nourhan Manougian, the Grand Sacristan, and the swift response by the emergency medical services unit, the injured were transported to the hospital, where they received treatment and were then released. Order was restored within the Seminary compound under the guidance of His Eminence the Grand Sacristan. Fr. Haigazoun Yeghiayian, as the Acting Dean, continues to oversee the discipline of the Seminary.
  9. System of a Down might have an opening for a zurna player Just joking. These men are my heros. That's why I have a plaque for the soldiers of Artsakh hanging on my wall.
  10. Arpa, what are you talking about! That's no more of an oxymoron than "cold fire." Wait, I guess you're right...
  11. Have we had hostels before?If not, this is a good step to help tourism becuase European youth love to travel and the simplicity and cheap cost of hostels are very inviting to them. Looks like we're turning into Deutschland.
  12. Let's do it Gamavor. I'll bring the cigars-- those cappucino ones we talked about
  13. Vanetsi

    What Is God?

    I can't tell you thexact location, but in the Armenian Apostolic Liturgy there is a prayer proclaiming that God is "the uncreate and the perfect." Judeo teachings dictated that God was separate from man's realm (Genesis). So one could see why God's incarnation as the Christ was such a big deal-- a big enough deal to start a religious revolution.
  14. Vanetsi

    What Is God?

    God can do as God wishes. I'm only saying that we couldn't comprehend it.... we couldn't even begin to grasp the creation of God in our own terms.
  15. Haha oh Zartonk, I remember the conversations we used to have. In fact I was thinking of them when I first started reading this thread. Yes, we are a great civilization. No doubt about it. But theres a point where you need to separate myth from truth. We don't need to create fables to make ourselves great. In fact, that could work in the contrary. It'd sound like we as Armenians have an inferiority complex.
  16. Vanetsi

    What Is God?

    I think that man can not comprehend how God came to be. God's "creation" could not have been a creation that we as people could understand because how could God be out of nothingness?
  17. This incident is one which shook my family. Hovsep's family and my family lived in the same area of Van and fled together during the Genocide. They thought he was a terrorist. They killed him and left. No consolidation. His wife and children are left without him now. American Justice.
  18. Siroon anahid I'll be in NJ in november-- livingston to be exact. If you make extra, gookam anbayman!
  19. Vanetsi

    Race

    In my personal opinion, I could care less about race. I can't say that it doesn't play a role in my life-- because it has a big presence. It affects things on a subconscious level. But thats just natural selection. I don't judge people by their race. In fact, I don't even care. But it's good to know the different theories out there, just for the sake of knowledge. After all, knowledge is power.
  20. Excellent! Getseh Vasken!
  21. This is what happens when you do not make your intentions clear...
  22. Vanetsi

    Race

    According to the Bible, it wasn't only Caucasians, otherwise known as Japhethites. The term "Japhethite" originates from the supposed progenitor of the Caucasian race, Japheth, who was on the ark along with his two brothers, Shem (Semites) and Ham, his father, Noah, and their wives. So on the ark were the progenitors of all races. Therefore, all races spread from the Caucasus in all directions, but it was the Japhethites that inhabited the area. In fact if you want to get more in depth with the biblical theory, Armenians are descendants of Tiras, whose tribe originally settled in northern central europe ony to travel to the south in search of more fertile land (to Thrace--the name of which is a corruption of his name) and/or Togarmah, who is brother to the supposed ancestor of the Germanic tribes. Armen, our traditional forefather, is claimed to be a close descendant of both of these men from what I've read. Both Tiras and Togarmah are descendants of Japheth. Remnants of the name Togarmah can still be found in our culture. For instance, Torkom.
  23. Holy Mountain is going to be great. I've heard it live and it is reminiscent of a sharagan.
  24. Gamavor, when will they learn?
×
×
  • Create New...