Azat Posted September 17, 2003 Author Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Guess I have too put my favorite beer joke as well (I think I have written it once in the Humor section) It was a hot day in Minnesota. Helga hung the wash out to dry, put a roast in the oven, then went downstairs to pick up some dry cleaning. "Gootness, it's hot," she mused to herself as she walked down Main street. She passed by a tavern and thought, "Vy nodt?" so she walked in and took a seat at the bar. The bartender came up and asked her what she would like to drink. "Ya know," Helga said, "it is so hot I tink I'll have myself a cold beer." The bartender asked, "Anheuser Busch?" Helga blushed and replied,"Vell fine, tanks, und how's yer pecker?" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Pilsener (the original Czech version), Stela Artoas, Grolsh, German White beer (almost all brands), Ginnes is not bad, Saporo is drinkable, Heineken is good for every day consumption, and here is my favorite joke (Americans be advised not to read this!) about beer: So, an Englishman visits his friend in US, and the American decided to greet him with a case of Budwiser. After finishing the whole case, the American goes: - So, how would you like the beer? - It's like having sex in a canoe! says the Englishman -What you mean?!? -It is too close to the water! Hey sex in a canoe ain't so bad (knowing this from experience...though one has to watch tipping over/in [luckily avoided that...] or drifting out into the open water and attracting an audience - LOL [this did happen once....turned her on - but I didn't much enjoy that part of it...]...the trick is (now I know) to tie to a tree on shore or at least on something anchored down in the water somewhere...or to just be where other folks aren't...though thats not always for 100% certainly...)...(unlike bud swill...and such - for which there is little or no saving)... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Thoth I was almost sure that at least one person in HyeForum, had this experience. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted September 17, 2003 Author Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Thoth, you're my hero. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 19, 2003 Report Share Posted September 19, 2003 My current fave is an Oatmeal Stout called St-Ambroise brewed by the MacAuslan brewery up here in Canada. Very tasty - sometimes I marinate my burgers in it before throwing them on the Barbeque. Mmmm I'm hungry! (and thirsty ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 20, 2003 Report Share Posted September 20, 2003 (edited) Thoth, you're my hero.Actually Azat - and I hope this doesn't cause me to fall off the pedestal you have put me up on - but thinking further about one particular (noteworthy) canoe adventure (and in fact there have been several/a number...of note...) I remebered that in fact we had (partially) tipped in (took on some water, nearly flipped in - but recovered...)...and I was not very happy about it...oh well - she certainly made up for her lack of boating capability/balance in other ways...most certainly...oh and after covering up and paddling away (from the crowds...that we seemed to have drifted out into...) - we did manage to find a secluded area - and actually this time got out of the boat (it was and we were a bit tipsy...and I seem to recall some concern about knee abrasion or some such)...anyway LOL & behold - we found this (old/dirty) mattress laying out in the woods - of all things...but still - some nosy fisherman managed to discover our cove - perhaps he had placed the matress there - like some lobster trap for horny teenagers...or at least he knew about it...(and It was giving me all kinds of trouble...I really didn't like the fact that my "privacy" was being violated)...thoguh eventually we just accepted the fact that we were going to have an audience (what is one to do? ...the situation was quite silly enough already I thought...)...sure made his day I assume....old geezer (I can remember thinking at the time...of course he is me now! LOL ...dear - I'm taking the boat out - goin fishing - the usual spot...won't be gone too long..."well you enjoy yourself dear" - well I'm certainly hoping to! - even if I never do catch any fish at that spot! - etc - LOL) I don't recall the beer we were drinking BTW (though she did like hineys as i recall...LOL)...and we were certainly drinking beer - adn lots of it (what is any sort oc canoeing without beer - I mean really! I've gone on trips with five of us and we took and drank 2 cases between us! ...and in one particualr instance I can recall an entire bottle of tequila along with...) Edited September 20, 2003 by THOTH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted September 20, 2003 Report Share Posted September 20, 2003 "LOL & behold"? hahahahah ... that's a first!!!! I dig it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shiner Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 I'm craving this beer called Hoegarten White. I haven't had it in years. I think it's Belgian. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 I like the Jeremiah Red at the resteraunt I used to work at, and of course Bass and Newcastle. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 I like the Jeremiah Red at the resteraunt I used to work at,... BJ's! That red is by far the best beer I have ever had anywhere. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 BJ's! That red is by far the best beer I have ever had anywhere. Well, when you've had 10 pints of Jeremiah Red, BJ's has a new meaning. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gurgen Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 I'm craving this beer called Hoegarten White. I haven't had it in years. I think it's Belgian. We have it in Holland too, it's called Hoegaarden here. Have you tried Hertog Jan? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 Did somebody say BJ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shiner Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 We have it in Holland too, it's called Hoegaarden here. Have you tried Hertog Jan? Oh yeah I misspelled it. No I haven't tried Hertog. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 This thread wouldn't be complete without Shiner's input! Cheers All! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gurgen Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 Oh yeah I misspelled it. No I haven't tried Hertog. Too bad, it's really good. And while you're at it also try Palm. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shiner Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 This thread wouldn't be complete without Shiner's input! Cheers All! Gamavor, You are probably the only one who realizes that my nickname is a beer brand name. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shiner Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 Too bad, it's really good. And while you're at it also try Palm. Thanks Gurgen, I'll keep that in mind. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 17, 2004 Report Share Posted February 17, 2004 Did somebody say BJ? ahhh come on its the name of a restaurant..chill...aye aye aye... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted February 18, 2004 Report Share Posted February 18, 2004 I tells ya, the best part of workin there is having the bartender hook you up with lots of that Jeremiah Red. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 18, 2004 Report Share Posted February 18, 2004 hmmm jerimiah red eh? im not a big fan of beer--but youre making it sound so good that im thinking of trying it now..lol... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.