Jump to content

THOTH

Banned
  • Posts

    3,609
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by THOTH

  1. UKGIRL - well I suppose you might be right...the bad sometimes does necissarily come with the good (though not always I think...) And the reviews of Revolutions have not been good (though I suppose it will be entertaining)...I ws afraid it might just devolve into the Zion war (and it apparently does)...and this is just a pattern that makes for a bad movie - we've seen it before. I was quite entertained by the last one - and absolutly love the first one...having doubts about this last installment...but hopefully it will have something of value...
  2. Hi there and welcome Trueboo...and I'm very happy for you that you have found your bliss! And Stormy...get back to us in 5-10 years and let us know if you feel the same (regarding marraige and being responsible for another/others etc)...though perhaps its just not in your nature and maybe marraige & family is just not for you...but I suspect your attitude could change if you meet the right guy and such. I agree with some of what you say however - concerning being told what to do etc - who wnats that - its got to be mutual IMO. You should check out the Todd Rungren tune - "property" that I posted the lyrics too over in one of the music threads (hold on a bit and I'll link to it...)
  3. agreed - great post Stormy...well said..LOL
  4. THOTH

    Proof Of God

    LOL Sasun...you are almost soundign like Domino now....but OK I hear you...adn I'm not saying that ist wrong (for you...or anyone else)...alli am saying (for me) is that I see no need to have to believe in something that I cannot know or know to be true...doesn't mean I stop asking qustions and wondering...its jujst that I am not expecting answers/revelation...and I am sory if i am somewhat a skeptic of others claims in this regard too...again - doesn't mena that what your doing/believing etc is not worthwhile in its own way (for you...and perhaps others)...there is much wisdom for us all to learn.
  5. THOTH

    Proof Of God

    Ahh - I get it now...God is that building maintenance guy...now i understand all those words of wisdom....LOL Seriously though - the issue is that there are all sorts of (immagined/created etc) people/beings who reside on the 10th floor...and no one seems to agree which is the real one...and even those who say/think they are agreeing on "the guy" all seem to interpret his mumblings very differently (and still sometimes want to wipe out the entire floors 2-9 because these folks haven't bought in properly and are following some other guys...
  6. Very good one Domino...we'll have to remember that. So where have you seen this "insect" before? And under what moniker was he (just in case I may have happend to see his posts somewhere before...as a point of reference...) You can PM or otherwise pass it to me if you don't want to say here.
  7. Yeah and anti-pop up too! Would be most helpful (my Norton just doesn't seem at all to be doing the trick...)
  8. Well Gamavor - Your first point is very well taken...but I can't agree with your conclusion (as much as i understand why the sentiment). Even this (obnoxious) nasty...i can't wish him dead (for his ignorance)..even if I can be pretty sure that he will soon resort to the typical (nasty) diatribe. Even knowing/understading how we were brutalized by the Turks (and not justin 1915 as you allude to)...and knowing/experiencing the attitudes of many Turks towards us...and for all their faults as a people/nation...Turks are people too - just like you and I...and deserve consideration of that (lest we be like them...some/many of them)...and I think as a people - we are better then that. And most Turks are just ignorant of their history..having been fed a false line as it were...and many/most of these are good people as you and I, in spite of this...so I cannot with them...as individuals/families etc wish them ill will. Those who know...and activily perpetuate the denial and false/distorted counter-accusations I might feel different about...but even for this nasty I feel only pity...
  9. Yes this is obvious... Please look into the archives and appropriate threads and you will see posts relating to economic & other ties between Turkey & Armenia etc. And your welcome to comment on this if this is your interest and you have something to add But if you come here - As you are - questioning the Armenian Genocide - then i think you will get nowhere my (not) friend. We are not fanatics or such...many of us here are well versed in our mutual history - and familiar with (various)European, Armenain as well as Turkish sources concerning the Genocide. I daresay that we have a sophisticated understanding of such (obviously beyond your abiltiy to comprehend..again please consult the archives...as we are not interested in rehashing).So really I fail to see your point here. Are you really so naive that you think you are here to try to convince us of something...to deny the truth...as you are the denier and not us. Please reflect on this and if you post again try to make some sense.
  10. LOL - well I threw myself out of the/their house at 18! ...and they basically were clamoring to have me back...right up until i got married...LOL
  11. nasty - for one who claims to know so much - it is obvious that you know very little. And yeah nasty fits (but you should add ignorant too)...for those comments about our "Jewish Friend"
  12. Well said & so true UKGIRL...love can indeed hurt...but it must be worth (?) something to us - because we always come back for more....
  13. Lots of reasons I think. For one women now have more control of their lives and options...so don't have to stay with the smuc...and there are more options for everyone...and not staying together is much less of a stigma. Yes - its a shame that good/great things can't/don/t always last forever...but what can be done...you should always try to make things work - if there is anything of value at all...but if not...learn your lessons and move on...it isn't the end of the world...never is...
  14. I hear ya UKGIRL...and I'm sorry to hear about your mum....(sort of appropriate for the "don't know what you got till its gone thread")...I lost my dad 7-8 years ago and its still very tough on me...we were close and there are things that i would wish to share and show him that I can't in the same way for anyone else...and he would so love and enjoy my children... I do think that shiner's post has much validity as well. My folks were not "old country" immigrants per se....but sure acted like it towards/with me in many ways...sure they always wanted what they percieved as best for me...but (my mom particualrly) always really wanted (and wants) to exert total control...and it certainly can be stifling...but I certainly did become my own person regardless...it takes being confident 9and smart) in your own choices...and don't just be contrary...factor in their wisdom...but make your own choices...and you have to learn how to make your own mistakes as well...
  15. THOTH

    Proof Of God

    Sorry bud...but i just don't think that such a thing is provable...and in fact that was my point...so don't be sore...
  16. Yes exactly. I had no preference with my first...but actally really wanted a boy with my second for just this reason....
  17. Good for you Armat..I hope (and I'm sure) your niece appreciates what you did for her. I don't have any daughters - and I've really come to regret it (though I do very much enjoy my two boys). I see contemporaries (or parents just a bit older) with daughters and feel that I'm missing out - all the fun girly things...and being a proud pappa etc - but oh well - can't have it all. And I kow I would be a good father - protective yes - but not draconian. I can only call on my experieince with my younger sister. I ussually stayed out of her affairs - but did have my "talk" with her about guys (and she was always very together & understanding of these things - so i wasn't at all really worried)...and most of all I told her that if any of these guys tried/did anything with her that she didn't want - to come to me right away. And then of course I would always have my "talk" with the guys where I told them basically the same thing - they better respect my sister's wishes or I would find out and they would have to answer to me! My rep (as well as looks [i'm a pretty big guy]) and demenor were enough to make it clear I meant business. Its funny that the only guy my sister ever had any trouble at all with was the guy she eventually married! (LOL)...(and he is older then me!)...well at one point I was trying to get her to tell me where he lived as I was going to kick his A...and she wouldn't do it ('cause she liked him and he really didn't do anything but say some mean things and hurt her essentially...but I was not too happy with this guy who made my sister so upset and crying...) but it all eventually worked out...
  18. Hey Sip - sorry to bust your balls...heh - who am I to say that your really doing anything wrong...if its working for you....(BTW you got candles if you want them...perhaps 1/2 dozen though...no 7 million....LOL) But as to the sentiment don't know what you got till its gone...I think its true with many things...but not always (how is that for waffling?)
  19. Yeah sure you are...as if...LOL Well - I think it all makes a great deal of sense. I mean - who wants to go out with "boring" when you are just out looking for a good time etc? But when it comes to a family - you want dependable etc (and someone who is perhaps less likely to look elsewhere)...though i recall seeing a study of working class English families a while back - where a (seemingly to me) huge percentage of children could be shown to not be genetically traced to their "fathers"...lol...the conclusion of the study being that while these working class women were marrying the dependable types etc (as stated in the article)...they were not necessarily giving up their desires for more fun in the sack...
  20. LOL - good one Stormy! ...and actually some good advice as well (do listen...but there is a difference between listening and just out and out obeying...becuase...etc)...however, as a parent I would say - yeah - listen to your parents...always!!!! LOL...but I am not so naive...and in fact - i would hope that my children do have minds of their own and can make their own decisions (don't thinnk I'll have to worry about that with mine...from their talk back already - etc). But when it comes to loving someone - well you have to make your own choice - it is your life to live...but yes - you should certainly listen to your folks - try to undestand their perspective and why they are voicing it as suich...but in the end you need to make up your own mind. Don't do anything stupid now (thats my advice...)
  21. Leave it to those bastard Ottomans to somehow figure out how to butcher 1.5 mil Armenians when there are supposedly 1.25 mil around. Man these sons of bitches were efficient. Yeah - and somehow they also attribute the killing of 2.4 million turks (!) or some such to this terribly small population of Armenians (women and children armed with knives and pitchforks I guess)...
  22. THOTH

    Your Dream House

    Yeah - I thought that they would...but if your needing anything else to "up" his motivation (not that you would...but...were talking about a guy who gets off on the sight of big boulders...LOL...so if you got em flaunt em etc...LOL) perhaps we can think of some other things for you to pack...(or wear) under all those layers of down...LOL...
  23. THOTH

    Your Dream House

    Everything is all packed up... Well I'm still hoping that you guys really don't need that 7 mil candle power...how bout just a few candles instead...and I'm really saying this not because I'm a cheapskate - but I really think they will work out better for ya....
  24. THOTH

    Your Dream House

    Yeah - does sound as such eh? And what about you? Your cold weather gear packed yet? LOL
×
×
  • Create New...