Jump to content

THOTH

Banned
  • Posts

    3,609
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by THOTH

  1. urrrr, i KNOW that you meant YOUR hair, just messin' around..boy, you guys are no fun! Aww - says who? I'll be more then happy to talk about your hair girl...or pull on it if you want... And speaking of pulling...Sip....a two stroke man (damn biy - primed & ready!)...and is that with or without visual accompanyment?
  2. I have no memory of either....
  3. And it certainly was! ...and a pretty special night as well (virginity is overated BTW...LOL) My advice though - don't get too drunk (I managed OK)...and pace yourself..its a real exhausting experience...and for the honymoon - plan to stay in one place awhile and just relax (and play)
  4. I love Armenian wedings BTW. We didn't have one though...in fact ours wasn't even in a church but in a nice old lodge up in the mountains (that burned down last year - very sad...)....we couldn't find a uniterian or Daoist priest (my choices) so we settled on methodist (about all we could find)...I wrote the entire service (think hippy like...) but he felt the need to insert all this God stuff (which really detracted...even my religous friends agreed...as my service was very cool [lots of kissing involved - and shouldn't there be!]...and was [as originally written] relatively short...and though my friends knew that we were driving off in my old Mustang - they didn't dare touch it (to dress it up...well maybe some cans tied underneath...even then it may have only been one or two...they knew better! ...they really went to town on another car I brought up though! Big time! - and even then I was mortified! LOL Ahh sweet memories...and the great thing is...that now 13? years later...my wife is more beautiful then ever! (really)...(but so am I...LOL...not...) And we pretty much paid for the wedding ourselves (no blow out Armenian one costing a fortune)...and though we had a nice band (an American one...though we did get them to learn 1 Armenia dance number!)...I assembled the entire rest of the music selection - and still have the tapes and listen to them on occasion
  5. He was talking about his hair Bruin....not yours!
  6. THOTH

    Happiness

    Nice one Sev-Marde...
  7. Vayri - the most amzing Armenian dance I ever saw was at the Lisner Auditoriom (George Washington University) in Washington Dc - probably 1980-81 (just a guess)...an Armenian Dance troupe from Canada...all was beautiful...but what stood out was a lead (male) dancer who did a solo dance where he tapped out the rythym on the wooden stage floor - with the knuckles of his feet. I had never seen anything like it before in my life and just couldn't belive anyone could do such...I don't know anything about this dance (forgot anything I might have known about it)..all I know is that it certainly moved me (and the rest of the audience)...anyone at all familiar?
  8. Thank you for the sentiment 'Bruin. Yeah - I feel that way about my hair too! I used to wear it fairly long in part for this reason (I felt that I had "good" hair - LOL) - though now its, I don't know, meduim-short...? Still am grateful that I still have my hair! I have nearly a dozen male cousins (on my Armenian side) and only two others besides myself still has hair on top!
  9. Yes Skittles - you should't go into a serious relationship thinking it isn't going to last - I mean what is the point then. But you certainly need to be realisitc - becuase people do change...you will change - your expectations and what you want in life and your interests etc all change/evolve - thus to maintain any relationship over time one muct be prepared to work at it - always. And as long as both parties are commited - and if for whatever reason they haven't grown apart - or grown aprt beyond salvageability - there is no reason that it can't work. But sometimes - if folks have eveolved into different directions - it might just be best to go seperate ways - I mean why live ones life being miserable or missing out regarding what you want out of it? (such as having children etc..where it might not be an issue intitialy - later well...it becomes important...and people change their minds about things) etc...make sense?
  10. Oh brave new World in which we live! I think its a great thing (just from the perspective as an observer of course). But our society today often makes it difficult to meet just the right person etc - and certainly better then bars or such...or just hopiong for random luck. I think it is a very good development (but of course one always must approach such things with caution i think...)
  11. Boy Nakaharar - what species are you? Talabanian? I think it is very sad when people deny the pleasures (and play) of sex...it is a very very wonderful thing...what can i say...and i do think that most (at least those who have experienced such) would agree. You strike me a seriously repressed (and unhappy, bitter, nasty person). And how dare you pass that sort of judgement on another. What do you know anyway. And what a terrible terrible thing to say - wishing someone to perish - and for what? Because they choose to live their life as a human being and not artifucially repress themselves for whatever silly, useless reason. You are very sad. :fyou:
  12. Did I ever say/claim that? But yeah - I (obviously) think that I knw a lot (applying what I know may be another story..)...and yeah - much has to do with age/experience...but not all - some is just well ...knowing/understanding things... and much is just from observation of course... So i think love not only lasts...it grows (or can often do so)....regardless of hormonal/chemical stuff (and why 7 years? don't inderstand how this works...[see i don't know everything! LOL] And UKGIRL - once again a very perceptive post. You are entirely corect - people do change - and this can certainly become a factor...causing changes in the relationship...but if there is a fundemental core to the love...there is no reason why the love can't evolve with these changes...will it always happen - no...and thats just life...but if you care enough you'll make it work etc (IMO)...and never know - new aspects to the love may even emerge...as I think often occurs and I certainly feel I have experienced this myself with my wife....
  13. THOTH

    Cheating

    Agreed as this often just brings unecessary misery etc....can't go through life always worrying about the worst. And give the guys some credit - and an enviornment of suspicion and what not is never good for a relationship. Whats important IMO is being able to be open and talking about things - and listening to your partner - where they are at etc...and doing your best to make for an environment...a relationship where he has no desire to look elsewhere (etc)...(and you know what that means )!!
  14. For me... probably (20 years ago of course....) when I very seriously hit on my best friends gal (he knew her from school...in another town etc)...when I first met her and didn't know who she was (but she knew who I was)...she took it well...and I thought she was being very friendly etc (more so then just a casual first time encounter etc) ...couldn't understand her hesitation (to take it further) etc as it seemed to be going quite well - she seemed interested etc...I was trying to pry her away from this party to go back to my place (etc)...LOL (I do wonder to this day why she didn't let on who she was right away...secretly enjoying watching & playing along with my "performance" I think...though not sure if she realized that I didn't know who she was...)...
  15. Sure you can Azat...we all just love laughing at you...
  16. Arpa - regardless - this is a terible thing and you as an Armenian should have sympthy for all victims of racially motivated hate crimes. I feel very very sorry for all those affected and feel only anger at those who would carry out such a cowardly (and utterly meaningless) attack...
  17. THOTH

    I Need Advice

    No problem Taltoul - sounds like she'll be OK in time. This sort of thing is rough on everybody - but we ussually muddle through...your a good friend for caring.
  18. THOTH

    Shakespeare

    Yes Nairi - I certainly agree...Shakespeare has it all...really in some ways the pinnacle of English language prose...stories and parables whose messages (small & large)still resonate even today (agreed - timeless) Wer'e considering going to see "a midsummer nights dream" with the kids...weve been to several productions at the theater (most awesome)! http://www.shakespearetheatre.org/index.html http://www.shakespearetheatre.org/midsummer.html Another great local (for us) Shakespeare resource...(affiliated with the former) http://www.folger.edu/Home_02B.html and (complete works) http://www.chemicool.com/Shakespeare/ and speaking of movie adaptations - Henry V with Kenneth Branaw is awesome!
  19. My Grandmother (who was of English/Irish/Scotish descent) had beautiful (very) long (golden yellow) blond hair into her 80s! She was always complemented on such. Boy was she distraught however when it finially did start to thin and fall out (when she was in her late 80s)...she wore a wig after...
  20. Good points - and I can agree with you here A-H - certainly...
  21. Not Armenian. Mixed anglo stuff and Peurto Rican!
  22. A-H I flirt with my wife there - she not only doesn't mind - she gets quite amused..so who am I to complain - eh?
  23. Well skittles - I'll have you know that I made dinner last night..and washed and put away the dishes...and I made a nice big pancake and bacon breakfast this morning (and cleaned up)...in fact I do most all the cooking and certainly do my share with dishes and all the rest...so there! And I do nearly all the shopping for the houshold - food certainly...but I even shop for kids cloths & shoes etc (in addition to my own of course...)...I leave most all my wife's clothing shopping for herself...but you might guess where I occasionally visit to buy her some things...(initials are VS!)...I really enjoy it in fact (flirt with all the sales girls big time..ask them to model my prospective purchases for me etc....
  24. THOTH

    Cheating

    Yes I did notice...not "nice" eh? Is that cus I'm so or is it just something I said?
×
×
  • Create New...