-
Posts
1,584 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by Dan
-
[edited out by Dan] other than that, i don't really think i have any other fear(s), unless I'm forgetting something..
-
i still haven't found it, but ok.. thnx anyway.
-
lol vava.......... what was that? rofl... i don't have such a list. issues? lol... what kinda issues? hmmm... badmouthing me, are you, THOTH?
-
lol... that's what it said on the site, and i have no way of knowing, that's why.. hmm.. but I like his songs.. lol... hmmmmm... i don't know what that may be, but yeah, i still think he has great songs, such as "Ur eyir Astvats" and "Amene Dzez". it's too bad Artavazd & Yeghishe don't have a CD.. I would've loved to have it.. but still, I have a coupla of their MP3s off that website, which is more than I can ask for.. better than nothing lol. yeah.. they should think about getting mirror sites for foreigners, but that would cost them more money... I don't know.. perhaps if they accepted donations, it would work quite well. besides, i thought it was sponsored by the U.S. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs... I don't know. Anyhow, my downloads go at the rate of 900 bytes/sec... lol... it's really slow, but it's worth it, especially if one has patience.. I downloaded a coupla songs by Artavazd & Yeghishe just yesterday from there. Pretty good.
-
Anyhow, good luck... I'm sure there are a lot of webmasters in Armenia.
-
Great, now I can't sleep till I find out what that means.. thanks a lot..
-
gamavor, could you translate that for me? Alas, I don't know Russian... My mom does, but I don't feel like waking her up right now.
-
THOTH jan, what are you saying? http://www.student.yorku.ca/~shoghig/dan/ranting.gif
-
oh, in that case, my revised list is as follows: -my depressed mood - trying to lighten up a bit lol.. -my really quick/bad temper - yeah, i get pissed off wayyyy too quickly.. -procrastination.. - call me captain procrastination -stubbornness.. no comments on this one. and i believe that's all for now lol. <_<
-
Where did I attack you??? I said: If you call disagreement an attack, then I have no further comments.
-
No, but I'm telling you to stop this childish game, because it's nothing but a pain in the ***.
-
I'm glad you do. No, I don't think you give a damn about what I think. But the point is, we're having an exchange of opinions, so either play along, or leave.
-
Armo77, they say that it hurts most when it hits closest. But that need not be so. We can all choose to put an end to our ignorance and realize that certain things need not happen to us in order for us to wake up. We can try to look around us and SEE things (not just look) for what they really are, and have our say in it, instead of being cast into the mainstream opinion automatically. Armo77, you probably have heard of the famous quote "don't do onto others what you don't want others to do onto you"... how do you expect others to respect U.S.A. and not attack it when U.S.A itself does not respect others and the lives of the thousands of children its bombs kill daily and have killed throughout the history of its rise? You want your children safe, but you can't just yell "i want safety" when you're advocating the same violence you are so scared of being subjected to.
-
Well said, Stormy. I agree with you on this one 100%. And I'm sorry for the person who was denied entry.
-
oh god... Armo, please don't start with the "when have you ever agreed with anything I said" game, cos I ain't playing that. ok? I am not arguing with you. I am simply saying that I don't agree with the religious perspective.. could be, but government/civil rights and religion should be separate. Like I said, I don't want anyone's personal/religious beliefs to touch my body.
-
Stormy jan, I am not saying that ppl should ignore religion and do whatever the hell they want under its umbrella. i am talking about what people should have the right to do, because it's not right to have something banned because only a minority approves of it. had we believed in such a system, blacks and women would've never had their freedom and rights.. "If there were fixed principles and laws nations would not change them as easily as we change our shirts" - Balzac (Old Goriot) Bottom line is: yesterday's morality cannot be the justification for today's morality that refuses giving rights to certain groups that were suppressed...
-
Armo77, I respect your views, but I disagree with the religious view of it.. Morality is not always determined by religion.. In fact, religion is as irrelevant to morality as automobiles are.. Fighting for life is not always an issue of staying alive. It comes with a lot of baggage, pain being one of them. And as much as we might say "I understand your pain", we really don't, and can't. The extent of pain is incomprehensible to those who are not experiencing it. Maybe it's worth taking the chance to fight for your life, maybe the ill person would've been healed, miraculously or otherwise, but that maybe is too easy to say, and hard to apply on the patient. It's just too hard. Not only on the patient, but on his/her family and friends.. Sometimes we have to let go. Sometimes that's the only way we can go on living, by letting go of life and all the pain that comes with it.. I don't know.. Some people say, what if there's something worse beyond death. Well, I don't know what comes after death, and whether or not it's worse, or if there's ANYTHING at all, and I'm not a believer in those things, but I believe that we all should have a choice in governing our lives. If my friend had not died any sooner and needed euthanasia, and if that Christian fundamentalist came to tell me that we were going to hell because we were killing a life that was given to us by God, I would've told him/her to keep his/her religious beliefs off my body. As long as there is no proof that God really exists, I don't care what your beliefs are, as long as you're not hurling it in my face and trying to control my behaviour and future that have nothing to do with your own life. And even if there were a God and he/she had said that it was wrong, well, sometimes, just sometimes you need to do what you think is right and just, because I don't think it was just for my friend to have gone through all that he did (even if it were God's doing), while people who have done worse things are free of disease and happy too.. Sometimes you gotta take hold of the reigns of fate, and turn it into free will. That's what we have brains and feelings for. And that's my take on this.
-
I recently came across a site that had some of Ardavazt Bayatian's and Yeghishe Petrosian's songs, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of them? I asked a coupla people in the States, and they didn't seem to have heard about them. I really like their songs, and I can't seem to find a CD compilation... I did a search on Google, and this is what I came up with, but other than that, nothing: http://www.rockar.narod.ru/armenianrock6.html I found their songs at: http://www.hayastan.com/music/aee.htm Here's the main page with other singers' songs/music: http://www.hayastan.com/enmusic.shtml Anyone know more about Ardavazt and Yeghishe and care to share with/enlighten me? And are there any fans of Arthur Meschian out there? I recently acquired a collection of his songs in 4 CDs from the States, and I'm wondering if anyone likes his songs/music. And what about Arthur Forsh? Anyone? Mainly talking about rock-ish type of music here, but I'm also a big fan of Ruben Akhverdian (sp?) I have his anthology CD "Erevantsi Rouben", not sure if that's the correct title of it, but that's what it says on the cover lol... and it has a song titled "Mer Siro Ashouneh"... that's one of my favs, but it doesn't seem to be one of his best songs, from what I gather by looking at websites that mention his songs... And I don't know if anyone knows about this site, but I found it interesting.. It's a collection of MP3s that you can download, except that the server is brutally slow for some odd reason.. Maybe they need improvement.. But here's the link anyway: http://mp3.musichall.am/
-
No one needs to be anything in order to do whatever they want, as long as there are religious figures within institutions who are supportive of what they want to do. but banning something even though there are people who support it and conduct those marriages is just wrong. Note on last sentence: (as long as the acts are consented to by all parties involved)
-
I agree with vava. My friend died a while back, not by assisted suicide, but if you could see the amount of pain he had to go through, it might have given you a different perspective on this issue. Call me a coward or whatever, but if I have to go through that much pain, I would rather be helped to die.
-
if there were complete separation between government and religion, yes, that should be the case. But that's not the case because of the fact that religion has a huge role in politics as it stands right now. And that is exactly what we're trying to fight - politics is politics, religion is religion. They can keep off their religious "laws" off my body and out of my life. Reminding you of the pressures the Catholic church put on Catholic politicians w.r.t same-sex marriage and other such issues.
-
and I thought that was one of the strongest arguments in favour of gays (& their hags offering them drinks) lol :lol: lol.. Oooh yes, typical. But, no no, I don't buy that crying thing when she's involved in the fight.. Oh duh, I can safely say that I know too much about women... I would probably make a good husband.. good post, skittles.
-
Yes, but if punishment is used to deter others from doing the same thing, wouldn't that imply that ALL those who committed or at least participated in killing someone should be put to death, in order to have fewer people committing or participating in such crimes? Moreover, do you think that death is the most terrifying thing for those killers? I don't know.. I think people would rather be executed than spend the rest of their lives in a cell. That's why so many criminals (not all) are runaways here in Canada, and when it comes to arresting them, they put up a huge fight.. they certainly aren't doing that cos they're gonna be executed. But they certainly don't want to be put in a cell. Of course, they would love it if they could get away from both being imprisoned or executed. I'm sure they don't go actively looking for their own death. lol THOTH, even then, one can't really advocate something without knowing the other side's views, unless we're talking about the "kill the f***" type of advocacy..
-
I think I agree. People should have the choice to do whatever they want with their life. And if they are not in a position to decide, whatever is good for the patient (i.e. less painful) should be done, IMO.
-
THOTH, but you are right, you have to look at both points if you want to make an argument... those who gave you a D are illiterate. But really, you have to see the advantages of both arguments and their disadvantages and compare them and then present your point based on that... You have to know the arguments of your opponent in a debate in order to argue against that...
