-
Posts
1,584 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by Dan
-
well, but no.. that is how the author defined it.. but i will read it when i have the time lol..
-
one possible thing i might put in would be my laptop, since: my life = me ... 1 my laptop = my life ... 2 simple substitution (1 in 2) => my laptop = me
-
well, not right now, no.. but I was going to start a post about anarchy and the parallels between it and the survival of the fittest a while back, but decided against it, as i don't have much time on my hands to sit down and write something that makes sense. as for survival of the fittest - well, i am not talking about eating to survive here.. i'm talking about who is fit to survive trauma, etc., which is why i related it to anarchy, which in its meanest branches is concerned with blowing things up.. it could be argued that the children and grandchildren of the survivors of the Armenian genocide (well, not sure about those who hid and escaped before the genocide actually started -- i'm talking about those who actually survived the deportations and all that) are actually "filtered" according to the "survival of the fittest" theory.. i.e. they were the fittest among the rest of the group.. but that's hard to prove, because proving the role of chance/luck in that is just not possible, not to mention claims about religion and god and miracles.. so.. i don't know.. i guess i am just rambling on and on and on.. but i didn't read the thing you posted.. it's way too long for my non-existent attention span.
-
mmmhhmmmmm.. care to expand on that one?
-
i guess what i meant to say is that your sarcasm by far exceeds that of Juvenalian satire, the harshest form of satire that i've encountered so far... is it cos it partially extends into reality, instead of just the world of sarcasm tags?
-
Anonymouse, you don't make sense to me... in fact, you are kinda... freaky.. and i'm sure i'm not the first one who has told you that.. eh?
-
would i like to volunteer to use them on you, you mean? <_<
-
:lol2: hahahhaa good one, Azat..
-
The trendy word for Darwin's "survival of the fittest."
-
whose bodies would those be, i wonder?
-
you're right. so i'm just gonna stick with Canada for now. at least i wouldn't have to deal with more inconsiderate people than i have to right now..
-
either the diasporans would run for their lives/mental sanity, or the eastern Armenians. not sure which one it would be..
-
nothing. i don't want to be remembered, really.. i just want to live in my own time and on my own terms, and not give a damn about who remembers me and what they remember me for/by.
-
:blink: is he??!? :lol: kidding!!
-
I'm thinking about going onto the subway tracks and exploring the tunnels, etc. on the abandoned subway line (Lower Bay) that is usually used for shooting films or switching subway lines.. so I did some research on the thing, and came up with lots of information about it... Of course, it's very dangerous and there's security patrols and the risk of being caught (and fined), but I'm thinking about going with someone who has been there before... This is probably the craziest / most risky thing I'm gonna do in my entire life, but I've always wanted to do something like that.. I've always wondered what's inside those tunnels and want to get a personal view of it. So yeah... not sure when I'm gonna do it, but probably soon.. just making sure that I'm confident enough about this, cos anything might go wrong [they shift trains a lot on the abandoned tracks -- even after 2 am].. It's.... rather... scary... but -- I don't know. I mean, I AM scared, but at the same time something's telling me to go. My friend has been there more than once and knows the ins and outs of it, but is telling me that it's not a good idea.. And of course, I AM scared of the dark (for personal reasons).. The least I'm worried about is being caught by security (yeah, the issue of being fined is a risk, but not as big a risk as passing out in the tunnel cos I'm too scared to take another step forward or backward. I probably would have no problem going into a non-abandoned tunnel, but an abandoned one gives me weird visions about ghosts, etc. Not to mention the rats lol.. So --- does anyone think I'm crazy? lol.. just kidding.. I know that's a crazy question to ask, considering what I just told ya hah.. But I'm already shuddering [while looking at the pics] at the thought of me going down there. hmm.. This thing's been abandoned ever since 1966... My mom would rather tie me down at home than let me go and do what I'm planning on doing, so needless to say, she doesn't need to know lol.. But, if I don't get home, then she will get worried, which is why I'm thinking about leaving a note or something somewhere where she will find if she looks hard enough, but won't notice otherwise. So here's some info on the station, with pics. Or I might just decide to go and explore somewhere else instead of lower bay lol... maybe a non-abandoned subway track... or an abandoned factory or steam tunnels or whatever.. I just feel restless and wanna do something adventurous. Check out this page for other possible locations throughout the world.
-
not to mention that she was stupid enough to call me "SHE"...
-
too bad. she got what she deserved, and i'm sure i would've done the same if that were you.
-
THOTH, from what i understood, he lives in california (?) i don't know how anyone can live in Russia and not know Russian... hmm
-
lol sev-mard.. right.. not all gay men like going shopping lol.. i must say, i can't even keep up with my mom when we go shopping so women surpass us in shopping, in every meaning of the word lol..
-
lol, well, of course i could go without blasting music for 10 minutes.. but like i said, it wasn't really a matter of listening to music at that volume or not.
-
do you have a downloader like flashget? i can give you the URL for the Mozilla download and you can download it without having to use IE6. also, did you do a virus / bad sector scan?
-
heh.. hmm, now i know it'd be harder to find a self-teaching book on Armenian than it is to find a book on German, but i'm sure if you look around, you might get your hand on something good. And if you find a book, a dictionary from English (or your favourite language lol) to Armenian and vice versa would be handy too. Welcome to HyeForum, btw. Hmm come to think about it, sev-mard might be of help to ya.. so if he sees this post, he might be able to help you (if he wants, that is) with book titles and tips on where to get them from.. assuming that you're in the States, that is.. i'm not sure what the state of our literary presence in other European countries such as Russia, etc. A good place to start would be to ask people around you who know Armenian what this or that means whenever you hear them talking. I don't think anyone can learn a language without having the curiosity to understand it.
-
This one: http://chaldeanchat.net/forums/images/smiles/elephant.gif
-
i want to use that elephant.. can i? can i?
-
lol.. get some books on it.. you'd be surprised at how much you can learn on your own (well, not necessarily pronounciation, but sentence construction, etc.)
