vava Posted September 7, 2003 Report Share Posted September 7, 2003 Juggs - you're team is performing FLAWLESSLY - i think you're gonna kick some butt this week. As for my decision to pick up the Giants Defense - it seems to have paid off for now:AP - Sep 7, 5:43 pm EDT EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Despite all the preseason hype about Kerry Collins and the offense, the New York Giants can still count on the defense to win games. Kenny Holmes recovered one of Kurt Warner's six fumbles for a touchdown, and the Giants sacked the St. Louis Rams' quarterback six times and intercepted him once in a 23-13 victory Sunday. New York's defense forced four turnovers and each started a drive that led to points..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Hang on a sec, havnt I allready lost to Winston, 3:0? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 What the hell. Did I loos to that geek? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Hang on a sec, havnt I allready lost to Winston, 3:0? First game of the week was on thursday - if you didn't have any players on those teams, you'd have a score of zero. The rest of the games are always played on Sunday (with the exception of the Monday night game.) If you look at your player list you can see who and when they're playing next. Once all the games of the week are over, we tally up the points. Sip & Azat are going to be REAL close... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 According to the Statracker, Azat has beaten Sipahn - but it doesn't seem to account for defensive points (shows up 10 pts for everyone... ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Okay I may be the idiot in that group as well. I just check the stats and it shows Sip 0.60 and me 0.00. Where did you see that I won? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 I thought I was the rookie... Click on Stat-tracker - it shows the results real-time, at least for the first week - then you have to pay for it... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 so let me get this right........it really is irrelevant how good the players on your team are....its the team that they play for that makes the difference. And I would score the same number of (game) points this week, no matter who I play in the Fantasy League. Have I got this? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 No Accel - you have it backwards - dn't know how you came up with that one. BTW - I haven't yet checked how we have done against each other (and really have little/no clue...though outside of Holmes (whom I've been bitching about...LOL) - I can't imagine that my team has done all that well... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Accel: Check out the scoring RULES and I'm confident that you'll figure it out... thoth - Holmes did VERY well, but the rest of your team fell short (esp. WRs)... Could have been worse. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Here's something:"That's my only goal," Johnson said this preseason about the Super Bowl. "I don't have any other goals. I'm not a statistical guy. That's for fantasy football goofs who sit at home. That's not for me." Keyshawn Johnson - TB. I think he's talking 'bout us <_< Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 Accel: Check out the scoring RULES and I'm confident that you'll figure it out... thoth - Holmes did VERY well, but the rest of your team fell short (esp. WRs)... Could have been worse. Yeah i noticed...but couldn't have done much worse...I don't think this is going to be my fantasy year...what can I say (my team in my other league...that I even picked...sucks worse - it was a tough draft - and I didn't do my best job...too many distractions this year...argh) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 8, 2003 Report Share Posted September 8, 2003 You could pick up Blake as a QB - he seems to be coming into his own this year.. (and he's available i think) but you're suffering at wideout. I trade you, but I need a running game - and I don't think you'd trade Holmes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 9, 2003 Report Share Posted September 9, 2003 You could pick up Blake as a QB - he seems to be coming into his own this year.. (and he's available i think) but you're suffering at wideout. I trade you, but I need a running game - and I don't think you'd trade Holmes. No - not now! LOL. I admit I would never have picked him as first pick - I had too many concerns regarding him comming back from injury. And wideouts are a dime a dozen (and very streaky anyway...) - I'm sure I'll pick a few up who will perform at some point in the season. But go ahead - offer me a trade if you wish (I can alwasy say no...) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 10, 2003 Report Share Posted September 10, 2003 Is DTD (Day-To-Day) allright to play? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 10, 2003 Report Share Posted September 10, 2003 Is DTD (Day-To-Day) allright to play? Normally not - but thats the point - you need to follow these things...but you'll learn (maybe) that there is also a lot of gaming that goes on with these type of calls (by the NFL coaches I mean)... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 Since Accel has a pretty damn good team - I think we should stop helping him out. (IMO he's trying to hustle us) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 Hey man! I still dont know what half the acronyms for the positions stand for, and still not sure on the scoring system, I need all the help I can get Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 THOTH, eating your words yet? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Juggs, it is not nice to talk like that about Winston and Sip. Just because they are losers we should not pick on them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted September 17, 2003 Author Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Notice I am staying quiet. I am soon going to unleash SUCH a fury ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 LMAO Azat! Notice I am staying quiet. I am soon going to unleash SUCH a fury ... Yeah, either than or eat your words like Winston....you gotto come first, remmember? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 I think my next game is crucial: if I win I should be pretty certain of a top 8 finish. btw. how many teams go to playoffs? Have you guys noticed: all of Hokies bench players are wide recievers.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 17, 2003 Report Share Posted September 17, 2003 Yeah you two - don't be to smug just yet...and i'm doing the best i can with a (not really so bad) team - that in fact I didn't draft (would have been a much different story if I was able to game that draft - like I do)...oh well - I think my team ain't so bad...and I'll manage pretty well with the waivers i think - so watch out! and don't crow to soon.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 22, 2003 Report Share Posted September 22, 2003 mmmm.....looks like another easy victory to me: (thank you Mr Ramsey ). Even managed a top score for this round . Im starting to like this - bad news for you guys . So, how many teams make it to the play-offs, or is the winner simply the team with the most wins (points) after all the games? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.