Dan Posted April 23, 2003 Report Share Posted April 23, 2003 (edited) I came across a website that is ABSOLUTELY WICKED. It's called armenianreality dot com. This is just STUPID. I can't even imagine the wickedness of a nation that would accuse Armenians of raping their women, having no proof at all to support those claims. Dan -Edited link after Sasun's comment. Edited April 24, 2003 by Dan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted April 24, 2003 Report Share Posted April 24, 2003 (edited) Check this out - www dot turkisharmenians dot cjb dot net As if it was created by Turkish Armenians. Doh. ---------------------- Edited following Sasun's suggestion. Edited April 24, 2003 by Stormy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted April 24, 2003 Report Share Posted April 24, 2003 I have a small suggestion. When posting url's for such websites, it is better to not make it like a link. If you link to a website you are boosting the websites search engine ranking. Istead, we can just say like armenianreality dot com, for example. As long as it is clear doesn't have to be a real url. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
River Posted April 24, 2003 Report Share Posted April 24, 2003 The above-mentioned websites are outrageous. Imagine somebody trying to do the same to the Holocaust and the whole of the Jewish nation would be up in arms.....It is nauseating to see such endeavour by the Turks and ESPECIALLY using the name 'Armenian'. What is the best way to counter-attack such defamations ? How can we lobby these evil acts ? I'm sure there's a dollar sign attached to it. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF TURKEY TRYING TO DISTURB THE ETERNAL PEACE OF THOSE IT HAS MASSACRED ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted April 24, 2003 Report Share Posted April 24, 2003 I have a small suggestion. When posting url's for such websites, it is better to not make it like a link. If you link to a website you are boosting the websites search engine ranking. Istead, we can just say like armenianreality dot com, for example. As long as it is clear doesn't have to be a real url. You are right. I shall edit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MosJan Posted April 25, 2003 Report Share Posted April 25, 2003 I have a small suggestion. When posting url's for such websites, it is better to not make it like a link. If you link to a website you are boosting the websites search engine ranking. Istead, we can just say like armenianreality dot com, for example. As long as it is clear doesn't have to be a real url. Bravo Sasun !!! MOvses Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dan Posted April 25, 2003 Author Report Share Posted April 25, 2003 Man, is it only me, or does anyone else out there absolutely love those emoticons? They're just toooooo funny. Dan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Asdghig Posted April 26, 2003 Report Share Posted April 26, 2003 Hello, fellow ArmeniansI am a new member of the HyeForum and just found out about websites such as armenianreality dot com and turkish armenians through your posts. I just wanted to say that I visited them and that they filled me with rage. I knew that there are people out there denying the Armenian Massacres, but to see it in writing, complete with links to "proof" of the genocide of 1915 being a cover-up for Armenian terror elsewhere, absolutely created a new meaning for the word - I guess if I say it, this message will have to be edited. I have a question for those of you who might know the answer, and be kind enough to enlighten me - by going to those horrible websites, am I boosting their ratings? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dan Posted April 26, 2003 Author Report Share Posted April 26, 2003 Hello there, Asdghig, Welcome to HyeForum! Ummmmm, by visiting those sites, you're only adding to their counter - i.e. number of people who have visited the site (not necessarily to their site rating). And I mean, I don't think it matters, cos hey, I'm the webmaster of a local site at university, and it gets like 20,000 hits/month, but that doesn't signify anything. People visit, read, and leave - doesn't mean they necessarily agree. Just like I visit Jewish holocaust websites, doesn't mean I agree with what they say. But if you place the link on your website or give it to friends on a forum (thus putting up the hyperlink), it will definitely increase the search engine results if someone did a search on Armenians or the Armenian genocide. By the way, Sasun, thanks for pointing that out, I guess I was a bit swayed by my anger and didn't realize that I had linked to it. Dan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted April 26, 2003 Report Share Posted April 26, 2003 I have a question for those of you who might know the answer, and be kind enough to enlighten me - by going to those horrible websites, am I boosting their ratings?Dear Asdghig, welcome to the board. To answer your question, no. You will not be boosting their ratings by just going to their websites. However, if you search for their sites on a search engine (like google) and then click on their link, that may have a boost on their ratings. In order to avoid that, you can copy-paste (or just type) the address from the search engine into a new browser window. But in general, I think that's just too much hastle and you shouldn't worry about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Asdghig Posted April 27, 2003 Report Share Posted April 27, 2003 Thank you both for answering me. I just wanted to make sure that I would not be favoring those whom I strongly disagree with. The HyeForum seems like such a nice system - this is a shout of gratitude to whoever created it. Asdghig Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Fadi Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 There is here a Quebec a legal body for internet sites that can force a site to change their adress if the adress in question contain the name of a second party concerned without their concent, many cases have been studied by this group, like Celebrities for examples that have asked sites to close because some individuals were registering to adresses containing their names and bringing materials that they considered harmfull for them. armenianreality.com contains the word armenian, and any Armenian group could bring the cases to this group, that will force the webmaster to change their adress... more then this, armenianreality.com could be claimed by any Armenian group, where they may change the site and answer to the previous site. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dan Posted April 28, 2003 Author Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 There is here a Quebec a legal body for internet sites that can force a site to change their adress if the adress in question contain the name of a second party concerned without their concent, many cases have been studied by this group, like Celebrities for examples that have asked sites to close because some individuals were registering to adresses containing their names and bringing materials that they considered harmfull for them. armenianreality.com contains the word armenian, and any Armenian group could bring the cases to this group, that will force the webmaster to change their adress... more then this, armenianreality.com could be claimed by any Armenian group, where they may change the site and answer to the previous site. Nice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 I once saw another Armenian forum where I understood they deliberately didn't put the hyperlink of a misinformation website, and I thought the reason was search engines. It also depends much of the popularity of the website itself where the hyperlink is. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 Sasun, you are correct as well. Another method that Google and other search engines use to rank sites is to see how many other sites have links to a given site. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 Azat, do you know if google or other search engines keep track of who clicks on what? Is it even possible? Like is there something that will let you do something once the user clicks out of your web page? I looked at google's generated search result pages and they just seem to have direct links to places without any additional javascript or anything. But then is there something like an "onexit" event trap? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 Good question Sip. I am not 100% sure, but I would think that they would not know where you clicks since they provide direct links and not forwarded links. I think it is only possibly to capture the persons exit click if you do not have direct links. ~~~~~ Direct link would be: http://www.hyeforum.comForwarded link would be: http://www.google.com/forward.php?site=www...ww.hyeforum.com (or something like that I do know that on some search engines they do the forwarded version in order to see where they are sending people too. I am also sure google has a page that describes that they use to change a sites ranking on their search results page. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted April 28, 2003 Report Share Posted April 28, 2003 Interesting: Google fact or fiction I went through all the info they had on their site. They don't mention anything about keeping track of users so it seems their ranking scheme is based purely on content and link structures (who links to whom). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted May 31, 2003 Report Share Posted May 31, 2003 Some people will not give up. Relatively fresh turd: Massacre Allegations Of Armenians Disproved By Foreign Archives Anadolu Agency - ANKARA 5/27/2003 IGDIR - The massacre allegations of the Armenians have been disproved by academic researches. According to foreign archives and documents, it is seen that more than 1million 400 thousand Armenians who are claimed to face massacre during the World War I lived after the war. A research, titled ''Armenians Who Migrated'' carried out by the TurkishHistory Authority (TTK) in the light of documents found from the archives in the United States, Britain, Geneva, Italy, France, Germany, Austria and Russia, once more reveals that the massacre allegations of the Armenians are deceiving. TTK Chairman Prof. Dr. Yusuf Halacoglu told A.A correspondent on Tuesday that they would show the public opinion with their academic work that the Armenian allegations were totally unfounded basing on the foreign archives and documents. Halacoglu said that they started their research last August and they planned to complete it till the end of that year. They were searching the places where the Armenians living in Ottoman territories migrated, Halacoglu noted. Halacoglu recalled that they found 50-60 thousand microfilms and photocopies in the foreign archives regarding the issue. ''We have found the Armenian population living in the Ottoman territories before and after the World War I, the migration routes of the Armenians, the names of passengers of boats, migrant registration books, and the doctorate thesis of the Armenians. The research carried out in the light of all these documents will be turned into a book till the end of the year. We have searched objectively the archives in the United States, Britain, Geneva, Italy, France, Germany, Russia and Austria,'' Halacoglu said. Halacoglu noted, ''we have proved that more than 1 million 400 thousand Armenians who are claimed to die so far did not face massacre and lived. We will put forth this reality.'' Drawing the attention that the majority of the Armenians who died in the World War I were the Armenians who fought among the ally armies as soldiers according to the documents of the League of Nations, Halacoglu said, ''there were Armenians who fought and died in the war. The number of the Armenians who fought and died in the war is around 200 thousand.'' Halacoglu said that the Armenian massacre allegations continued to increase and that in the first allegations, it was claimed that 600 thousand Armenians were killed. That figure was increased to 800 thousand and then to 1.5 million later, Halacoglu stated. Halacoglu said, ''in the end, it is claimed that 2 million Armenians were killed. We have once more revealed that these allegations are unfounded.'' TTK made the mass grave excavation in Igdir Tuzluca, Halacoglu stated. Halacoglu pointed out that they would carry out a new excavation in Kars Derecik in June and they would continue to open the mass graves within the scope of a certain plan. They would carry out excavations in a part of old Van city where the Armenians made the most destruction, Halacoglu said. Halacoglu noted that the massacre made by the Armenians were being revealed by mass graves. ''However, the Armenians who are claimed to face massacre and the states who support the so-called genocide can't show a single mass grave belonging to the Armenians claimed to be killed. Therefore, it is seen that the issue is totally political,'' Halacoglu said. Halacoglu stated that they would publish the book in Turkish, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Arabic, adding, ''this is not a book of propaganda. It will be a serious academic book.'' ==================================================== Armenian Massacre of Turks Revealed After 84 Years Igdir, TURKEY, May 28, 2003 - A massacre of Turks by Armenians that occurred on April 24, 1919 has been brought to light in Turkey's eastern province of Igdir. Light was shed on the massacre perpetrated by the Armenians with the opening of a mass grave that was witnessed by European scientists and journalists. Ninety-six bodies out of a total of 150 Turks who were massacred at a house in Gedikli Village were exhumed after 84 years. While deep sword and hatchet wounds were found on the heads of the deceased, some of them also appeared to have been killed by shotguns. In addition to bones, numerous swords, cutting tools and rifle bullets were found during the exhumation. Grandchildren of the victims living in the village watched the excavation, conducted under the supervision of Van Yuzuncu Yil University's Professor Abdulselam Ulucam and the Turkish History Foundation. Yusuf Halacoglu, chairman of the foundation, said they had found nearly 100 mass graves of people massacred by the Armenians during their research and that they planned to open up all of the mass graves in order to disprove Armenian allegations of genocide. Noting that nearly 150 people had lost their lives in the massacre at Gedikli, Halacoglu said some of them had been buried by their relatives and that 96 bodies were found in the mass grave. Halacoglu stated that the Armenians had been waging a worldwide campaign in support of their genocide allegations for years, while Turkey to date had done nothing to shed light on the realities of the situation. Adding that the Armenians had launched 41,000 Internet sites alleging that the Turks had "committed genocide," Halacoglu commented: "We have proved by these mass graves that the Armenians massacred the Turks. If they have this kind of proof, they should reveal it. They should say, 'They massacred there; there is a mass grave here,' so that we can open it up and have a look." Zaman newspaper /Habib Guler, Emin Oztop / Igdir / TURKEY ===================================================== Turkish Daily News, 28 May 2003 Foreign archives refute Armenian genocide claims___ Armenian genocide claims were refuted with scientific research carried out by the Turkish History Institution (TTK) depending on foreign archives, Anatolia news agency reported yesterday. The research, named "The Armenians Who Migrated", was carried out in the light of the documents derived from British, American, Italian, French, German, Austrian and Russian archives. It's unveiled that those 1,400,000 Armenians who were claimed to be massacred by the Ottomans during World War I lived after the war. TTK Chairman Prof. Yusuf Halacoglu told the Anatolia news agency that the scientific research put forth that Armenian claims were unfounded and that they would present the research to the world with foreign archives' documents. Probing where the Armenians living on Ottoman lands migrated during World War I, the research started last August and is planned to be completed by the end of this year. Stressing they documented that the Armenians, who were claimed to have been massacred by the Ottomans during World War I, lived after the war, Halacoglu noted that the Armenians who had been killed during the war were those who had joined in the allied forces' armies. Halacoglu added that some 200,000 Armenian soldiers had been killed during the war. Halacoglu said that they determined many mass graves belonging to Turks who had been massacred by the Armenians in eastern provinces, underlining that they would continue their excavations. Halacoglu noted that the research would be turned into a book by the end of this year, adding that they used 50-60,000 documents in their research. He emphasized that the book would be published in Turkish, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Arabic languages. Turkish Daily News, 28 May 2003 Researchers discover mass grave belonging to Turks at Mount Agri * A team of scientists started an excavation in the eastern province of Igdir to unearth a mass grave of 96 Turks who had been massacred by the Armenians during World War I_____ =================================================== Researchers discovered a new mass grave belonging to Turks at the foot of Mount Agri, legendary Mount Ararat, Anatolia news agency reported yesterday. A team of researchers headed by Van Yuzuncu Yil University Prof. Abdulselam Ulucam started an excavation in eastern province of Igdir's Gedikli village in order to unearth a mass grave belonging to 96 Turks who had been massacred by the Armenians on January 24, 1919. This will be the ninth mass grave proving the massacres carried out by Armenian gangs in Anatolia during World War I. The excavation started yesterday and is followed by Turkish and foreign reporters as well as scientists. Turkish History Institution (TTK) Head Prof. Yusuf Halacoglu told reporters before the excavation that they determined the place of the mass grave after they found documents regarding the massacre in the Ottoman archives and received information from the children of three people who were at the time rescued from the massacre. Halacoglu said that the archives and the witnesses divulged that the Armenians coming from neighboring villages had massacred 150 Turks in Gedikli village. Halacoglu noted that the Armenians had committed many massacres in Igdir and Kars between 1917 and 1918, emphasizing that there were around 100 mass graves belonging to Turks in this region. Stressing that the Turks were massacred on the contrary to the Armenian genocide claims, Halacoglu called on Armenians to prove whether they had mass graves too. Halacoglu said that they invited many foreign correspondents and scientists to the excavation but said that most of them did not come. Only two Austrian scientists, El Ahram newspaper's Turkey Representative Abdel-Halim and a French freelance journalist Nicolas Chevron watched the excavation on Tuesday. The researchers yesterday unearthed some of the bones of Turks, including a fractured skull that the scientists believe was cracked with an ax. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Fadi Posted May 31, 2003 Report Share Posted May 31, 2003 I will comment only the last trash Stormy. Idgir was on Russian soil, it was then part of Independent Armenia, the British used the place to rescue the Armenians. The population of the center Idgir as much as I remember was something like 25-35 thousand Armenians, 20 thousand Tartars, Circassians etc.., 10-20 thousand Kurds. Now, how you make the distinction between Turks, Kurds etc... when no lesser Kurds were living there, and what happened to the Armenians living there ? Idgir was taken by the Ottoman and annexed, the Kemalists stole that land, and no Armenians are left there, until they don't pass any Genetic tests for those bones, their claim will be just that claims... they just cry those days, like now alleged ceremonies for those killed by Armenians, because there is a chance that US officially recognise the genocide, so disperatly they start screaming. "Halacoglu called on Armenians to prove whether they had mass graves too." Prove me first that those bones are those of the Turks. mor.on. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Fadi Posted May 31, 2003 Report Share Posted May 31, 2003 Searching on the web, I come acroos that. http://www.virtualani.freeserve.co.uk/hist...ounts/igdir.htm Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted June 1, 2003 Report Share Posted June 1, 2003 Good work - as usual Domino...and again what an excellent site Virtual Ani is...hats off to its originator...I find that I consult it often. Who would have suspected it would have info on Igdir - of all places... These "so-called" educated turks are just a hoot. They cannot see past their own ignorance to realize that the more they trumpet such claims the poorer they look... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Asdghig Posted June 1, 2003 Report Share Posted June 1, 2003 Very nice website Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted July 28, 2003 Report Share Posted July 28, 2003 I came across a website that is ABSOLUTELY WICKED. It's called armenianreality dot com. This is just STUPID. I can't even imagine the wickedness of a nation that would accuse Armenians of raping their women, having no proof at all to support those claims. Dan -Edited link after Sasun's comment. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE AN OPINION WITH YOU GUYS....I AM A NEW MEMBER, AND I WAS CHECKING OUT THE GUESTBOOK, I FOUND IT TO BE REALLY DISTURBING, B/C SOME AZERBEJIAN-I PEOPLE POSTED SOME REAL IGNORANT THINGS ABOUT ARMENIANS. I AM APPALLED BY THESE ACCUSATIONS- CLAIMING THAT ARMENIANS ARE TERRORISTS AND THAT WE ARE KILLING PEOPLE IN AZERBEJIAN FOR NO REASON...I UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED, BUT IN THIS SITUATION- IT'S A BATTLEFIELD, I AM TOTALLY ANTI WAR- BUT THER'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WAR AND GENOCIDE- MAN SLAUGHTER----ITS JUST PLAIN STUPID TO ACCUSE ARMENIANS OFF BEING TERRORISTS, WHILE MUSLIMS ARE THE ONE WHO CLAIM THEIR SO CALLED "HOLY JIHAD" ON OTHER COUNTRIES- SEPT.11TH BEING A FACT. I JUST WANT YOUR OPINION REGARDING THE SITUATION----THANX Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted July 28, 2003 Report Share Posted July 28, 2003 Searching on the web, I come acroos that. http://www.virtualani.freeserve.co.uk/hist...ounts/igdir.htm thanx for the website-- i couldnt stop crying though....................... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.