khodja Posted April 1, 2003 Report Share Posted April 1, 2003 In Hayastan, if he truly believed that you had a girlfriend, your life would be in danger. I can only remeber how in Hayastan, some reacted to me because I was a Vegetarian. They called me a Hindu and claimed that I had given up being a Christian. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AEKDB Posted April 2, 2003 Report Share Posted April 2, 2003 quote:Originally posted by THOTH:AEKDB - Welcome to the forum. I feel exactly as you do. I find that I'm even agreeing with hagarag's latest post!Thanks THOTH! I am happy to be here consiering some views that I have read. But that's the interesting concept of a forum. I suppose the racism concept doesn't bother me as much because for most of my life I have surrounded by differnt culturs and backgrounds. I mean even where I am now if my wife and I walk in the mall etc...there are blacks that look at me with disgust because I am with an armenian(white in their terms) woman. But I laugh because it's so funny to me. I know that no one can tell me that I am a race trader because I have dated inside my race..it just happens that's not the color I fell in love with. I have dated bulgarian, italian, white, etc. So closed mindedness to me is an apparatus I am not familiar with. I see nothing with with having pride and honor of your race, but to me that's where the ball bounces. If God wanted us to stick with our own race persay..there wouldn't be different culturs and ethniticty to began with. Thanks for the welcome THOTH!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted April 2, 2003 Report Share Posted April 2, 2003 quote:Originally posted by AEKDB: quote:Originally posted by THOTH:AEKDB - Welcome to the forum. I feel exactly as you do. I find that I'm even agreeing with hagarag's latest post!Thanks THOTH! I am happy to be here consiering some views that I have read. But that's the interesting concept of a forum. I suppose the racism concept doesn't bother me as much because for most of my life I have surrounded by differnt culturs and backgrounds. I mean even where I am now if my wife and I walk in the mall etc...there are blacks that look at me with disgust because I am with an armenian(white in their terms) woman. But I laugh because it's so funny to me. I know that no one can tell me that I am a race trader because I have dated inside my race..it just happens that's not the color I fell in love with. I have dated bulgarian, italian, white, etc. So closed mindedness to me is an apparatus I am not familiar with. I see nothing with with having pride and honor of your race, but to me that's where the ball bounces. If God wanted us to stick with our own race persay..there wouldn't be different culturs and ethniticty to began with. Thanks for the welcome THOTH!!You're African American? More power to you! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AEKDB Posted April 2, 2003 Report Share Posted April 2, 2003 quote:Originally posted by Stormy: quote:Originally posted by AEKDB: quote:Originally posted by THOTH:AEKDB - Welcome to the forum. I feel exactly as you do. I find that I'm even agreeing with hagarag's latest post!Thanks THOTH! I am happy to be here consiering some views that I have read. But that's the interesting concept of a forum. I suppose the racism concept doesn't bother me as much because for most of my life I have surrounded by differnt culturs and backgrounds. I mean even where I am now if my wife and I walk in the mall etc...there are blacks that look at me with disgust because I am with an armenian(white in their terms) woman. But I laugh because it's so funny to me. I know that no one can tell me that I am a race trader because I have dated inside my race..it just happens that's not the color I fell in love with. I have dated bulgarian, italian, white, etc. So closed mindedness to me is an apparatus I am not familiar with. I see nothing with with having pride and honor of your race, but to me that's where the ball bounces. If God wanted us to stick with our own race persay..there wouldn't be different culturs and ethniticty to began with. Thanks for the welcome THOTH!!You're African American? More power to you!Yes I am Stormy among (other). I hope that is not a problem. I am begining to enjoy coming here. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted April 2, 2003 Report Share Posted April 2, 2003 quote:Originally posted by AEKDB:I am begining to enjoy coming here.You're more than welcome to visit more often! Please don't let the racism and chauvinism of most Armenians discourage you from meeting the very few that are not. Btw, not that it makes a difference, but pure out of curiosity, what else are you? Besides Black, that is. Actually, are you African American, or African from Africa? If Africa, where from? <-- sorry, I don't mean to be intruding, if you don't want to answer. Also, would you mind posting some of your poetry or other writings? I would love to read them. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
khodja Posted April 2, 2003 Report Share Posted April 2, 2003 Hyebruin, In real life I am self-effacing and quite shy. I do not show any mannerism which would indicate that I am "funny." I am rather delicate for a man, but still maintain masculinity. As for attitude, I guess I show my feelings without saying a thing when Armenians come up with idiotic ideas. I guess this is perceived. I am "the other" because I am more an odar American Protestant than an Armenian in my style. I find Middle Eastern mentality very annoying.When the newly arrived Armenians were trying to get the English service stopped at the local Armenian Church, I was incensed. It was the America-Hyes who financed and built the church and these newly-arrived Armenians were trying to push the old timers out. Same thing that the White Protestants did to the Armenian Evangelicals at some mainline Protestant Fresno Churches. The Armenians had founded and financed these churches and the Anglos took over and pushed them out. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AxTamar Posted April 4, 2003 Report Share Posted April 4, 2003 hey yall, Im new here, and I was just reading what you all wrote, I think Armenians should just merry Armenians and no other race, vor sents menk mes shatatsnenk. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Natalik Posted April 7, 2003 Report Share Posted April 7, 2003 In Hayastan, if he truly believed that you had a girlfriend, your life would be in danger. I can only remeber how in Hayastan, some reacted to me because I was a Vegetarian. They called me a Hindu and claimed that I had given up being a Christian. the same thing used to happen to me. I am an hayastantsi born in Hayastan though having some odar background but/and as Hyebruin says above, there are sooooo leeeeeess armenians (though i still hesitate) who have pure 100% armenian background.. whatever, i was about being vegitarian.. i havent eaten meat at all, any kind of meat for more than 15 years (since shildhood) and just imagine, i was treated in the same way, saying that i m an hinduz, or whoever,, coz itis really whirl that armenians don eat meat at all, now i eat a lil bit chicken, fish, and thats all,, but it is also very strange to them that for example there is an armenian who doesn t like Xozi Xorovats.. hm...anyway..the times are slowly getting changed here and people also.. like to say .. the intelligents and city residents live other countries, and the vilagians and artsax people move to live in Yerevan changing the "stangards", mentality and other things with them.. again like talking behind the girl who came home a lil late around 11 pm from some friend's birthday party.. or stopping the car suggesting her to take "wherever she pleases" .. and bla bla,, or being soooo proud of driving some LADA.. eeeeh.. if even the intelligents were here anyway the most of the people would do their "responsibilities" bothering normal people here.. whatever.. what about "girlfriends".. i ll say that we also have some change to enjoy their presence herein (especially in YErevan, i don know about other places) but we also have such couples here :) looking a tyotya dressed like a guy with other tyotya showing that she is holly. : haha , or kids, teens.. amazing... how fast they grow up, we weren t like 'em.. whatever.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grig1979 Posted May 4, 2003 Report Share Posted May 4, 2003 hey yall, Im new here, and I was just reading what you all wrote, I think Armenians should just merry Armenians and no other race, vor sents menk mes shatatsnenk. Hi. I am new here, I am a totally Armenian from Hayastan with nothing "odar" in me. Presently I am in US. I can tell you one thing. Although I always say that Armenians should marry only Armenians, deep in my soul I understand that I am wrong. There are some reasons for that. Mixing nations brings to the beautification of our nation. Look at Europeans or Americans. They do mix their bloods which makes them more beautiful. Armenian people are, what they call in russian, "varjatsja v sobstvennom soku" (boiling in their own juice). On the other hand, we are very small nation and therefore marrying with other nations can bring to "odar darnalu". People will start to loose their identity as Armenians, and therefore in Hayastan it is very common to say "hay@ piti Hayi het amusnana". I don't mind if Armenian girls and guys marry to other nations' representatives, as long as their children are brought up in Armenian way and style, that is they speak fluently Armenian (btw, language is the most important carrier of the culture), write, read, and share right Armenian traditions and represent Armenians and Armenia with respect and dignity. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grig1979 Posted May 4, 2003 Report Share Posted May 4, 2003 In Hayastan, if he truly believed that you had a girlfriend, your life would be in danger. I can only remeber how in Hayastan, some reacted to me because I was a Vegetarian. They called me a Hindu and claimed that I had given up being a Christian.the same thing used to happen to me. I am an hayastantsi born in Hayastan though having some odar background but/and as Hyebruin says above, there are sooooo leeeeeess armenians (though i still hesitate) who have pure 100% armenian background.. whatever, i was about being vegitarian.. i havent eaten meat at all, any kind of meat for more than 15 years (since shildhood) and just imagine, i was treated in the same way, saying that i m an hinduz, or whoever,, coz itis really whirl that armenians don eat meat at all, now i eat a lil bit chicken, fish, and thats all,, but it is also very strange to them that for example there is an armenian who doesn t like Xozi Xorovats.. hm...anyway..the times are slowly getting changed here and people also.. like to say .. the intelligents and city residents live other countries, and the vilagians and artsax people move to live in Yerevan changing the "stangards", mentality and other things with them.. again like talking behind the girl who came home a lil late around 11 pm from some friend's birthday party.. or stopping the car suggesting her to take "wherever she pleases" .. and bla bla,, or being soooo proud of driving some LADA.. eeeeh.. if even the intelligents were here anyway the most of the people would do their "responsibilities" bothering normal people here.. whatever.. what about "girlfriends".. i ll say that we also have some change to enjoy their presence herein (especially in YErevan, i don know about other places) but we also have such couples here :) looking a tyotya dressed like a guy with other tyotya showing that she is holly. : haha , or kids, teens.. amazing... how fast they grow up, we weren t like 'em.. whatever.. "Always judge about nation by their best representatives". I dont remember who told these words, but I think it is true. There are so many asshole and bustards in Hayastan, that do nothing but driving their LADA or even not doing it, but just sitting in theirs "hayati besedka" and "itch their balls". Sorry for such words, but this true. Actually they do nothing for Armenia besides consuming products of amount of $100 per month and increasing our Gross Domestic Product. They don't even pay any tax, and always complain on the government. Why I say this, is that of course there are people who will be surprised to see that you dont eat Xozi Xorovats (and I am surprised also), but everything ends up only with my surprise. There are lots of lots of lots of many other smart and intelligent people that do a lot good for our Motherland. Just evade such guys, and enjoy the beauty of Hayastan and their hospital people. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted May 4, 2003 Report Share Posted May 4, 2003 Grig - welcome on board! BTW - where is our African American married to an Armenian? Name's a bit difficult. Let's call him AA:A for short. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
justme Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 why are so many people so ignorant and closed-minded about racial and cultural topics like most people in this forum....are you ppl for real? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 Well, keep in mind this thread was started back in 2000 (more than 3 years ago), and since then, a lot of people have come and gone. "You People" in this forum, especially in this thread, doesn't really mean much Interesting choice for a first post but welcome to the forum. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
justme Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 i can see its been a long time , but i bet if we asked them again today, 99% would have the same response..i just wondered on to this site and the many topics and wanted to have a bold statement as my first because i firmly believe that love is blind and its too bad that some armenians are blind...some -not all...thanx for the welcome.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted September 11, 2003 Report Share Posted September 11, 2003 Yeah, We Armenians Are Monster Racists! Bau-Bau! This is our little revenge for the ignorance of the World. Bau-Bau-Bau!!! Welcome to Hye-High Forum! Bau! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyebruin Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 "...revenge for the ignorance of the world!!..." i like that gamavor! well, said...sometimes i wonder why it's only armenians that are being singled out for not being "open minded"...if a jew chooses to only marry a jew, or a muslim only a muslim it's politically incorrect to say that they are "narrow minded", yet when armenians choose to be with someone who has the same culture as them, then we are called "monster racists" as you put it!!!....double standards....now, THAT'S the problem, not how people choose to live their lives!!! give me a break! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 Yeah, We Armenians Are Monster Racists! Bau-Bau! This is our little revenge for the ignorance of the World. Bau-Bau-Bau!!! Welcome to Hye-High Forum! Bau Let em have it Gams! Bau! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 sometimes i wonder why it's only armenians that are being singled out for not being "open minded"...Cause Armenians are (supposed to be) perfect. Now bau. Edit: by the way, I think you guys mean "bow" Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KnightOfArmenia Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 LOL... I have an Armenian girlfriend, and wouldn't date anyone who wasn't Hye. Hell, I go beyond that! I broke up with my ex because I found out that the Cause meant nothing to her; she didn't like speaking the language (I forced her to, since I wouldn't respond to her otherwise), she didn't care about the culture... She didn't even know what Artsakh was! If we were, say, thirty million strong, or such, then I wouldn't be so incensed about the occassional Hye losing his or her way; but the fact is, there aren't that many of us. The turks breed like mongrels; it is for the very reason that they absorb anything and everything into themselves like dogs that they are so numerous. That is another reason why they are so pathetically desperate to burn out anything that isn't "turkish": even they are unsure what they are. We, on the other hand, come from a stock of people that have outlived just about every other culture on this planet; to dillute that into others is to ensure that we don't thrive in the new millenium (please don't start giving me crap about "W3 R ALL ALR3ADY A LOT OF RAC3S, LOL!!!!!!!111111"; there is a world of difference between a foreigner attacking us and forcing our women and you willingly going off into some corner with some man/woman). How many Armenians have lost themselves into the United States? How many Hakops are now "Jack," how many Hrairs are "Gary," or Hrachs "Roger," or Arshaks "John"? That signifies more than a person coming to a country; it is someone who is completely foregoing his culture and being lost forever. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hunny Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 I’m not racist but I’m against Armenians (both guys and girls) dating blacks or Mexicans.Spiurkahyes are more open-minded than hayastantsis so why not date them instead of black guys? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
justme Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 for all of you...how about if a armenian girl dated a black guy and he was into the culture and traditions as much as her. he was learning the language to be able to communicate, was reading history book, tapping into every resource possible to learn everything about an armenian. what if armenian became the language being taught to their children, the children now could speak armenian to both parents...does that have any effect on your opinions...when u marry outside your race, its up to you to keep your culture and traditions. i think if you are strong and willing enough you can uphold your pride. black guys- im talking general of course cause its true for some and false for others- dont necessarily want to be with an armenian to take away their culture...why does it have to automatically be that your are throwing yourself away, when if you think about it for another minute, you are capable to be an armenian, communicate and raise your kids armenian regardless of who you are with..black, mexican. whatever..... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 Spiurkahyes are more open-minded than hayastantsis so why not date them instead of black guys? I thought the opposite was true, with diasporans being reactionary. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 The bottom line - and you all should think about this - is that it is OK for each of us to decide for ourselves - what we value - want - etc...but that when it comes to other people and what they want - and their personl relationships - we should basically mind our own business. WHo are you to judge another person - who they love and what they choose to do. You are an outsider who does not know all of the facts...so butt out! And quit being so judgemental...because you don't like it (I'm sure) when others are judgemental about you (for whatever reason)... And yeah - automatically saying no - dan't date a Black person or a Mexican etc - yeah - thats racist. We need to judge people as individuals. And while I have sympathy to the idea of maintianing Armenians identity (even if I am pretty much a fully assimilated person...in my own way of course)...I just think we are swimming against the tide. (though i think that there will always be some who maintain their ethnic identity...alwasy a matter of degree...). And in fact - there is much (positive) to be said for (particualrly) the American values where ethnicity (and other differences) don't/doesn't automatically bring one to blows or such...think about it... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
justme Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 i agree with: everyone have their own ideas, values, likes and dislikes..no one is ever going to be looked at in a positive way by everyone, that is just impossible..you are always going to be about something or do something that someone is going to find offense...why should i re-route my path in life to please anyone else...isnt it my life...am i not going to wake up with the same heart and mind every single day of my life?...i say YES...so no one in the entire world should cause u to think otherwise..its just silly for all these judging...and thats armenians do best....blindly judge.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted September 12, 2003 Report Share Posted September 12, 2003 Yes justme - exactly...pretty much... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts