Jump to content

Women's Bitterness


Anileve

Recommended Posts

Also there's a lot of fights among Armenian men or women to gain chair 'atoragalutyoun'. I have noticed this in all of the Armenian churches and 'gousagtsoutyuns'. It is sometimes terrible the way some of these people tend to fight for it. Edited by Anahid Takouhi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have met girls/women from all over the world, and the ones that made me feel bad were my countrimates, to tell the truth: i feel their jealousy and "not-wishing-well",and they annoy me with their suspicions; why do they make so difficult for themselves to believe in good things that other people achieve? even once one arm-girl was so shocked to go through my photo-alboms (where i am with foreign friends) and see me sooooo happy, with huge smile all the time... BTW my nickname is "sunshine" here, because of my huge smile and happy attitude all the time. but all these go away when with arm-girls/women, cause their words "bite" (xoskerov kzum en).

i like black girls very much, never had any problems with them, they are great fun to be with and i just love dancing with them!

i don't understand scandinavians who behave and want to be like men.they call it "being equal", but to me it looks extremely ugly and stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have met girls/women from all over the world, and the ones that made me feel bad were my countrimates, to tell the truth: i feel their jealousy and "not-wishing-well",and they annoy me with their suspicions; why do they make so difficult for themselves to believe in good things that other people achieve? even once one arm-girl was so shocked to go through my photo-alboms (where i am with foreign friends) and see me sooooo happy, with huge smile all the time... BTW my nickname is "sunshine" here, because of my huge smile and happy attitude all the time. but all these go away when with arm-girls/women, cause their words "bite" (xoskerov kzum en).

i like black girls very much, never had any problems with them, they are great fun to be with and i just love dancing with them!

i don't understand scandinavians who behave and want to be like men.they call it "being equal", but to me it looks extremely ugly and stupid.

Well well well. Finally you and I agree Anahit. All my life I have been told by non-Armenians something like a sunshine myself. I have been called "smiley" girl; and the same as yourself, Armenian girls and women can't stand me for that. They think it's something wrong that I smile to the world. They think that I should always be stern and crude. Well, I couldn't be that way and wouldn't want to be anything but what I am, because that's not my nature, and because of it I couldn't connect with them. Isn't that a shame, but it's entirely true. I guess my husband married me such as yourself for my positive attitude and my smiley ways. Well, you and I certainly have this in common as we are not the same mold like most of the other Armenian girls or women. Oh well, like the French say; "c'est la vie", so be it, to each her own.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phantom:

 

Yes I agree with you. Some Armenian men can be and are the same way as well. It's a shame but they can also be in jealousy and in wanting.

 

As far as workplace? I haven't worked for the past 12 years, so therefore, I cannot answer you on that note. However, I have gone to school and I met very wonderful people; male or female. All my professors and my younger school mates that I came across to males as well as females; I have gotten along with all of them just fine.

 

i bet i could guss who that center of attention man is...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also there's a lot of fights among Armenian men or women to gain chair 'atoragalutyoun'. I have noticed this in all of the Armenian churches and 'gousagtsoutyuns'. It is sometimes terrible the way some of these people tend to fight for it.

 

it's an embarassment to our race the way some poeple behave to get into power or to stay in power. it happens with every single armenian organization, with maybe even the churches being the worst! is it they think the younger generation doesn't care or is not fit to lead. maybe they think that if they give it up they will never get it back. same happens with the church hierarchy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had only one great female professor, the rest were B****. I was taking a math class last semester and throughout the semester I was telling my female prof that I really needed to get a B in her class. I studied hard and my test grades were mostly Bs and few As (we had 8 tests throughout the semester) and our final exam was worth a lot of points and it was cumulative. In the beginning of the semester she told the class that she will give some of us some extra homework to earn points if we're on boarderline. At the end of the semester I had 82% (not including the final exam points) and I went up to her to to ask for some extra credit and she refused to let me do some extra homework so that I can earn extra points in order to maintain my B just in case if I did not do well on my final exam. I didn't really do well on my cumulative final exam and I ended up getting a 79% (total percentage for the class). I went up to her to see if she can raise it to 80% since I had a B throughout the semester and I did all of my homework. She said that she has to follow the "rules" of her syllabus, so even though I was about 10 points away from getting the grade that I had previously and the grade that I was aiming for, I ended up with 79%. I was very upset because she knew how bad I needed to get the B and she knew that I even asked her for some extra homework before. I still think that I did deserve that B and the final exam didn't really count for me (it was hard and we had about 28 statistics problems to complete in only 2 hours and many people didn't finish it on time).

I never had that experience with my male professors. I bet if my prof was male then I would get that B in his class. Once I was taking an art history class and I forgot to turn in my final exam at the end of the semester. I don't know what I was thinking at that moment. I turned in my art history reserch paper and I forgot to turn in my final exam. Once I got home I realized that I didn't turn it in and I wrote him an email explaining what happened and begged him to at least give me some credit for taking it or let me take it again. I didn't hear from that male professor for few weeks after number of emails and I thought that

he probably didn't care and didn't believe that I accidentally took it home and at that point I would have settled for a C). After few weeks I saw that I got an A in his class :) I can assure you that physical attraction was not the reason for my A. To this day I think that he was gay because he was extremely femenine. I just think that men professors are more easy going and easy to deal with than women. I knew that he did believe me and it was very generous of him to give me that A. Most professors would never do that, especially women. I also get along well with male associates. To this day I had more male friends than female friends. My friendship with males lasted much longer than with females.

Edited by _Anka_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just remembered about another story related to one of my male professors.

 

I was taking micro economics class which I disliked. I'm more into macro economics than micro economics. The same professor was my French professor the semester before so we knew each other well and he liked talking to me. I didn't study at all in his micro economics class. I remember opening my book few times during the semester. I thought that I was going to fail the class so I registered for it again for the next semester. I forgot to mention that I got a B in his macro economics class few semesters before. I remembered that he told me that he wrote a book on marxism so I asked him how I can get hold of that book and he told me that it was out of print because he published it in 1950's. He told me that he can send me one if I give him my address. At the end of the semester I told him that I got a B in his other economics class and I also reminded him to send me his book. He did send me his book after the semester was over (he asked me to send him a check for $30). After few weeks I found out that I got a B in his micro economics class for which I didn't study at all. :)

There wasn't any physical attraction at all. He was around 75 years old, may be even older than that. I liked him a lot as a person, not because of the fact that I was getting good grades in his classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...