Jump to content

Armenia Dates Back To The Stone Age And Beyond


Takoush

Recommended Posts

Sadly, we're still in the stone age and beyond...

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Armen, why do you say that, you seem to be quite down and depressed. What can we do to get you out of it? I thought those sites were something to be proud of your heritage and that we have very deep roots in Hayasa.

 

I know, Armenians act very nice with other nationalities; but unfortunately they are usually not so nice with one another. That's a very bad trait of a good number of Armenians. In here in the diaspora as well. I don't know how they act in Armenia with one another; but in here in the diaspora, not everyone of course; but a number of Armenians act so sweetly and nice with everyone else except with each other. A lot of 'hebardootyoun' it gets to be crazy at times.

 

You know what the Jewish Rabbiis say to his people? Be kind and good to each other; fight about shops and location and money with anyone other than a Jew; but not with another Jew like yourself. Why can't we learn from them? The Jews support each other, oh my God like a glue. But not us; we never learned that lesson. On the contrary, we are so nice to others but never to one another. It is time to learn FROM THE JEWS. If we want to get ahead that is. WE SHOULD LEARN TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER JUST LIKE THE JEWS. After all, we have been a nationality that were persecuted throughout centuries. It is time to learn and be tolerant and nice to each other.

 

Well, I hope I got my message across. :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Armen, why do you say that, you seem to be quite down and depressed.  What can we do to get you out of it?  I thought those sites were something to be proud of your heritage and that we have very deep roots in Hayasa. 

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Anahid jan, yes I am very depressed. What can you do to get me out of it? Mmmm ... give me your phone number. Also, do you wear mini-skirts? If yes, I would be very proud of our age old heritage. See, it's very easy to get me out of this situation :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anahid jan, yes I am very depressed. What can you do to get me out of it? Mmmm ... give me your phone number. Also, do you wear mini-skirts? If yes, I would be very proud of our age old heritage. See, it's very easy to get me out of this situation :(

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Armen, 'yes amousnatsadz em'. Unfortunately I don't have a sister either, so you see, it's not possible but I wish you all the best. Incidentally, I heard that the Armenian girls in Armenia are extremely beautiful, one more beautiful than the other. [Ge housam kezi hamar vor keghetsig en eselov 'kiternin shad partser chellah' mer Hayasdantsi aghchigneroun. Irents eseh keghetsgoutyoune amen inch cheh ashkhari vera, martous sirde aveli garevor eh vor pari ellah yev nayev zoravor ellah. Eseh Anahid kouyrige esav aytbes. Kez lavakouyn maghtanknere ge makhtem].

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are welcome, Anahid Takouhi.

 

Here is some more advice for these guys.

 

Educated and sensitive men look at the whole woman, and I don't mean only her body or her looks. They look at the woman's intelligence and ability to instill education in any prospective children. They respect the woman for any knowledge she has gained through education.

 

It is called chanelling part of the cave-man inside us all, otherwise we end up like the Taliban. Armenians should look to Europe and not the lands to their south for guidance in their affairs with women.

Edited by phantom22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shame on you Armenian guys!

 

What "guys" are you talking about? The only one that commented about her post was Armen. So shame on him and you for shaming others who didn't deserve to be shamed here. :)

Edited by Sip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we are confusing the sense with the reference. This is how we get those uninformed Armenians who claim that Armenian history goes back 5,000, 6,000, 7,000 years, etc.
style_images/master/snapback.png

 

You're right Shaunt for saying that to me; I realize now that I didn't make myself very clear. I very well know that Armenians came together when number of tribes came from the Balkanian Peninsula such as from; Thrace, Phrygia and Thessaly. They pretty much came to the Armenian Plateau because Phrygian's for instance were pushed by the Albanians towards east, and some of these tribes went to the Armenian Pleateau and took over or were mixed with the Urartians or the Araratians. That's pretty much when Armenians were formed, out of numerous Balkanian tribes and also with the Urartians that were in the Van 'Vasbouragan' region. That part of the history goes back to about close to 3,000 years. So Armenians are about 3,000 years old, right? I know that much Shaunt with my limited knowledge. :) :) :) :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Sip,

 

I have been around here long enough to KNOW that Armen's comments are the thoughts felt by some others. Do you not remember Artur who was a notorious male chauvinist? How about Accelerated? etc. etc.

 

I feel no shame because I have been around Armenians since I was 18. It was mainly the American Armenians who uniformly respected women. With the others-Libanahyes, Barskayes, Hyastancis it was "hit and miss."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We kicked Arthur out and Accelerated has matured a LOT since those early days. But the reason I said that was because especially in this forum, the typical Armenian male chauvinist stereotype (which is valid in many other Armenian circles I am sure) doesn't really apply.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you that this group of males is very progressive toward women, but it still irks me when some stupid comment is made. Mind you the typical woman's approach to the world also drives me nuts.

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Wow!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mainly most women's approach to shopping, excessve posessiveness and control of their men.

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Phantom 22, On that note I agree with you. Women generally speaking, or at least even the Armenian women in general in the diaspora that I have known are somewhat surperficial. They go to church for instance, to check you out; what you're wearing or how pretty you are or you're not. They usually don't care much about their history or where they came from and unfortunately when they see a good Armenian woman who likes to get involved and want to save Armenia for instance, they find it amusing. There are few exceptions but usually all they care about is material things and jealousy, which is stupid and senseless.

 

I also know that a lot of women unfortunately are very materialistic and possessive and yes they want and do control their men. I mean Odars or Armenians alike. In my dictionary; no one should control the other but COMPROMISE is the key. Unfortunately only the real intelligent woman and or the kind woman will be more understanding and will not control their men and will leave them alone.

 

When you meet a real nice and intelligent lady one day you'll know it. I see that most people on this listserv are well read and intelligent Armenians. This is good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, we're still in the stone age and beyond...

style_images/master/snapback.png

Armen, did you have this in mind when you said the above?

 

:) :)

 

"The legend states, that when the Armenians have appeared in front of the God for reception of the share of land, the latter was already given out, and they got only stones, therefore one of the titles of Armenia sounds as "Karastan" - "Country of stones".

 

You’ll find the above quote here;

http://www.nuevavista.am/English/arm_brief.htm

 

Yes, some have suggested that Hayastan be rather called Qarastan, the “Land of Stones”.

I have witnessed this.

On our way to Gyumri I could not help but notice, where meticulously leveled and plowed fertile fields of Shirak were strewn with stones. Some were piled in pyramids, others, too heavy were left where they were dug out. I had this idea at the time, and I still maintain, what if we would load up all those stones and drop them over you-know-where? We should have done that a few centuries ago.

 

Which stone are talking about?

Is it the tufa, the kraqar (limestone), the granite (kranit), bema, absynth or that “girls’ best friend” as Armenia is struggling to become a leader in diamond cutting and polishing.

 

Siamanto sings in his Գիւտին Փառքը/“Gyutin Parq@, the “Glory of Discovery”;

 

“Mesrop, hay dareroun dimats ketsogh

Dun, adamandia aparazh…”

Մեսրոպ.. հայ դարերու դիմաց կեցող

Դուն ադամանդիա ապարաժ

Mesrop, standing against the ages,

You, (our) diamantine rock…!

 

Yes! Armenia may be in the “stone age”.

Shall we all join in singing that hymn; Rock of Ages!!??

I don’t know who composed it but they may have had our Homeland, the “rock of ages” in mind.

 

Hayastan having been called Qarastan at times has not been lost on us, we have many sayings with stone as the central object. Let’s see how many we can remember. The most famous of them may be “qaren hats k@ haneh” (extracts bread from stone).

 

Anahid Takouhi, be careful what you say here. Remember when we used to hit women over the head with wooden clubs and dragged them by the hair into our caves?? Is that why women have longer hair? :)

 

:silly:

 

And welcome to HF, it seems all those hits over the head have not diminished your intellect. :) :)

 

Signed,

Caveman.

Edited by Arpa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...