-
Posts
178 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by Armine
-
Outdoorgirl.... Can you please enlighten me on what you consider modern Armenian music to be and how much you know who the modern Armenian singers are, also tell me how familiar you actually are to make a comment that displaces some of our honorary modern Armenian musicians today that are working around the clock to compose "true" Armenian music. Its very easy for you to sit and discredit them insteading honoring them and the time and energy they put into making modern Armenian music. waiting for your response. Sip Jan... tsavet tanem aper. MosJan Jan.. mi bghavi aper, qu tsaven el tanem Armine
-
From what I know P.L.U.C.K. is a system of a down song and it stand for Politically Lying Unholy Cowardly Killers In referense to the turks.
-
MosJan che etkan chem zargatsel...hoysov em etents haykakan harsanikner chen linum yev chen lini ...amenayndepes hraviratomsi megh ke grem vor hangarts martik che skalven erents tnendyan orva hakutsner@ haknen. Sip Jan...du el es hravirvats ... yete uzum es du el karas nvages, kam el computerneret karas beres 100 moniternerov yev 20 rope kez ke hataksnem vor show tuts tas samalyutneri .. norutyun ke lini, shat urahatuk hamadzayn es???.. "we'll be trend setters." Armine
-
No prob Azat jan... that was my intention.
-
MosJan yes aykan ke hrtzevem ete du im harsanikin nvages...bayts mi miayn mi paymanov... duduk piti nvages, yev haket petk e lini Haykakan taraz...I got hookups for both Armush
-
I am not a expert on the field yet, but based on my studies so far there is no real answer, there are just various interpretations out there that each individual has to look at each view and draw their own conclusion. It is a very extensive topic and there is no definate answer. I know that is not help, but that is what I have discovered in my study. Even the great Richard Hovannissian does not give a concrete answer, he only presents people with the interpretions (besides the ones aforementioned in prior posts there is also a belief that we originated during the great persian empire and where known as the Armen's; there are many more interpretations)and let them deside. I guess it's all based on point of view and how much knowledge one has about the region of ancient Armenia, its surrounding neighboors, and study the era which we are said to have originated in. FYI. I am a undergrad student in History and am planning on mastering (striveing for a PHD)in Armenian Hisotory once and if I get accepted to grad school. Armine
-
To my beloved Armenians. first and foremost I agree with Harouts definition of rabiz, it is quite clear that he has gone through much inquisition in the formulation of his definition. secondly, I want to look at the larger picture here and pose a question. Why is it that people tend to pick on the minority group (even though at times it seems as though they are flooding the place) of our singers that choose to sing "rabiz" instead of praiseing the majority of singers that we have today that write their own songs and compose their own music. I have to admit that I do like some "rabiz" songs here and there, but at the same time I am very aware that we have a great group of songwriters and composers rising in Armenia and America..here are some names, Aram Avagain, Samvel Gevorgian, Hayko (not rabiz one), Heghine..and so on. I think it is more important to pay more attention to them so that they can continue their route and make great Armenian music that we can say is ours and pass down generations just as our great musicians and composers have done in the past. I may be changeing the subject just a bit, but I do not like it when people choose one side of the whole to pick on and forget about the good. Some may argue that we need to pick on the "bad" or what we precieve as being "bad" (e.g. "rabiz") so that it will not exist anymore, I think that is not possible, the bad has to exist in order to be able to differenitiate it from the good, and keep in mind that no matter how "good" our society gets we will always find flaws in the "good" as well. Sorry to go on so long but I like to make sure I get my point and refute arguments before they come my way, no fallacies. As for my wedding, if i ever have one... I will have dhol, zhurna, clarnet , duduk (certain compositions), a little bit of our "rabiz" (Armenchik and Armen Aloyan)music...violin... some joghovrtakan (Hovannes), some contemporary (Aram Avagain and Samvel Gevorgian..oh and Hayko )... humorner, demq showi kogmits , heto jan sagh urakhutyun...kef anogki kef@ chi paksi...vuy aman aman, vuy aman, Takuhi linetluts lav ban, ker khmi kef ara akper jan, ashkar@ kali e votit tak (khndrum em che khornal te inch vat er tagavornerov tirapetvogh yerkirner@, da enkati chunem ) Vonce a Mosjan? I'm sure I'll make some changes later hehehehe. hoohohoho..hahahaha. Also I would loved to have typed everything in Armenian but I want to make sure people understand what I am typing. Armine
-
[ February 13, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Armo ]
-
Nairi Jan, yes I am refering to their homosexulaity. As for it being a rumor then why is it that when you do a search for them on yahoo or google it takes u to a offical or fan website that has pictures of them in poses that future perpetuate the idea of their homosexulity? Let them do what ever they want I really dont care, its their life, It is just something I do not enjoy... its something that conflicts with my understanding of morals and ethics. The fact that homosexuality is Largely a learned act not really the biological story we are all familiar of hearing, their might be some that are just biologically that way, but all the homosexuals in this world are not so...its very hard for me to believe that. Again forgive my "conservative/ oldheaded" point of view, it is just not reasonable to me. I dont know for sure if they are hedrosexual,homosexual or bisexual, or if they just use the image to sell, which I think is the case..either way it doesn't make a differece, the representation of it is enough to turn me away. Armine [ January 30, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Armo ]
-
I have heard their songs and seen their clip on MTV, but I dont approve of what they represent which I think is one of the reasons why they sell so well and are getting ahead in the music industry in the U.S. Forgive me for not being so "open minded." I'm sure if they were two guys they would not get as much good publicity. Armine
-
I thought you would like it...also check out the double cd of Saaz MosJan.. you might like some of the songs on it
-
MosJan Jan, Katakaser kyankit mernim ... ambokchovin haskanali e ... Sip Jan Snorhakalem vor meshkis kangnats es ... Vonce es aper? ... Ham el yes xehj chem, che MosJan??? Armine
-
For those of you who like Greek music and are looking for a good cd to listen to I suggest you buy Levon Kosoyan's CD. He is Armenian that sings Greek songs. He has a great voice and has a enjoyable selection of songs to listen to. I've been listening to it since summer and I'm not tired of it. I rarely find good cds that I can listen to all the way through without changing songs that is why I decided to put this post. Also, if there is anyone who likes comedy groups like the Nor Hyer, zpanak, or joke show there is a show here called Demq show, they are pretty funny. In total they have released seven videos that are sold in Armenian music/video stores. If anyone is interested in them buy the first three and the sixth one; in my opinion those are the best. Dont get the wrong idea, I am not advertiseing.. These are just two things I enjoy, I hope some people will take interest in them Armine
-
I was recently in Armenia and I had the opportunity to see the film. Let me tell you all it is a great production there is not no word about it. Some people did not like it, they complained and said that it did not show the true agony our anscestors faced, but as I tought about it the reason why Atom Egoyan did not include too many scenes in which many of the acts done by the ottoman empire were not present because Egoyan wanted this film to actually reach America and be shown on the big screen. But let me tell you all that he did get his point across, Armenians will understand what he is trying to say, but I am not sure how well others will. He tells our story in a very special way, I am sure once the film premeres here everyone will see what I am talking about. I was truely amazing. Armine
-
Thank you for understanding Sip Jan. I appreciate the time you have taken to respond to the post. Also, thank you for clarifying everything. .. Armine
-
Mosjan Jan, One could see that you and your associates have put much time into this webpage along with the ongoing list you have of websites. Thank you for taking time to create such websites and increasing the number of Armenian sites on the internet. You've done a great job, you have the best reasources for a student and more importantly the American public (including Armenians and non-Armenians). Continue your work Moso Jan. Armine
-
Sip Jan, I have two major concerns with your reply. The first is the idea of independance, I did not deside to go to school in Irvine to be independant and away from home, I am not as "Americanized" as you precieve it. I am not running away from home or using school as a opportunty to get this so called idea of "freedom" from my parents or family. My reasons vary greatly from those I have written above. I am a very home based and raised child, if you would care to know why I choose to go to Irvine and more about my living arrangements I could provide you with details. The second factor which concerns me is that for some reason most of society and mostly the armenian community, which I love with all my heart for all its good and bad facets, thinks that people move away to live this party life. They think alll people do is get high, have sex, and everything and anything besides studying once month. NO that is not true, that is not the life for all university students. What hurts me the most is that people compare me to those kind of people yet all I do at school is study, not once have a gone to a frat party or engaged in activities that I should not be engaging in. It hurts me when people say that about students. YES it does exist but it does not apply to everyone. Everyone knows about this party life but no one wants to acknowlegde the time and work some students put in their studies. I wish some people can see the other side of being a university student, but of course not, to eveyone else I am a girl running away from something. I am not, I have nothing to run away from. I love my family and no one nor one thing can keep me away from them. I may be studing at Irvine during the week but I am in my HOME on the weekends, and spend my time with people who matter the most to me in my life. I did not go to Irvine to slack of and get freedome from anything. I have a very healthy and undertanding relationship with my family members, which include both my parents, my two older brothers, my beloved sister-in-law who is my true sister, my niece, and my parrot. Oh and for those who think I am "Americanized" because I choose to go to Irive for school, I just wish they knew me, you just have to talk to me once to know who I am and where I come from. I wish more people would care about that rather than judge me without any knowledge about me. I hate it when people include me in generalizations, I am not one who could be catogorized, no generalizations can be made about me. The reason why I am refering to myself is because I am the one who posted this topic before I began my freshman year at UCI. The one thing I wish is that I could get to where you are and have my phd one day. I may have never replied to any of your posts or written to you before but i do know who you are and respect you for it. I look up to you and hope that I can be in your shoes in seven years. ... take care Sip jan and thanks for the reply, if you have any questions let me know sweetheart. Armine
-
smile.gif
-
Dear Forum Members FYI...I do not know how many of you are aware, but on tuesday, at the round church in glendale a commemoration well be held for the Armenian Genocide at 7:30..free admission. I would appreciate if any one would attend. A great program is planned including some singers and many other things. I am sure all of you have heard about the walk that will take place in litte Armenia, hollywood, on April 24, at 11:00. This walk is very significant for all of us, we need all Armenians to take part and put aside any excuses not to. Just as the years before there will be the montebello commemoration, for any of those who would like to go. And one last thing, if anyone does not have anywhere to go on the night of the 24th, the Armenian Students Association at University of California, Irvine will be commemorating the Genocide at 7:30. The executive board has invited guest speakers, a singer, a dancer, and has many more things planned to do. If it is convienient for anyone to come, it is just an hour drive, if you will be in montebello it is only 25 min away, please attend if possible. For those who would like to attend please let me know and I will provide you with directions . Thank you for you patience and for reading this topic. Armine
-
tsnundet shnorhavor Harout Aper... kez tsankanum em amenayn barin yev anchap hajoghutyunner. k@ neres ushatsum@, bayts inchpes vor asum en, aveli lav ush kants yerpek. Kez lav nayi Aper. Armine
-
Hello everyone, As many of you know I attend UCI... when I began living here I did not think that the publisized use of drugs and alcohol prevailed on University campuses, but I was wrong. The more involved I got with the students here, including Armenians, the problem was apparent to me. I now know of people who use drugs on a everyday bases. They use it as a source of relazement espessially during exam time. I don't understand why they cant relax by other means but I guess it is the median which they find to solve their problems. As for drinking... there is a pub on campus, what does that tell you. People drink vodka as if it was water, and its not occasionally, it happens frequently. I agree that drugs and alcohol are major problems in the lives of yound adults. It's accepted and no many people say anything against it. The one thing I do respect is that they do not pressure anyone to join them. Ultimately next to the high amount of studying that goes on in UC campuses, drugs and alcolhol are not excluded. My UC campus is not the only one that is this way, all of them are, for some reason drugs and drinking are a highly popular part of college life.
-
Ayo Harout Aper Jan I am studying Calculus. as for the question you are correct but i was looking for more of a limit equastion which shows that it will approach 8ft but it will never reach it.
-
Here's a problem you guys can also try..it's called the Magic Plant. Monday morning Jack plants a magic bean. When Jack waters the plant on Tuesday morning it has grown to a height of 4ft. When Jack waters the plant on Wednesday moring it is 6ft tall. When Jack waters the plant on Thursday morning it is 7ft tall. If Jack's magic plant continues to grow at the same rate, how many days will it take Jack's magic plant to grow to a height of 8ft? [ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: Armo ]
-
Nice pics MosJan The more I listen to the album, the more I get attached to it.
-
I am not related to him.. .This is just FYI stuff
