Jump to content

Dan

Members
  • Posts

    1,584
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dan

  1. Dan

    Soccer

    Yes it was!!!!! W00000000000000t!!! Réal Madrid is out!!!!!!! By the "sissy" Italians?! W0000000000000000t!
  2. But thats... still... uhhhh... illogical... Donno, just doesn't seem logical to me. That's all. I'm not criticizing it. Just saying that I don't find it reasonable. Another thing though, you are constructing your argument in a way that basically says that if this is true, then this must be so. But you can't go from one thing to another without establishing a solid base with which you can justify the jump from statement to conclusion.
  3. Correlation does not imply causation. Simple as that. What on Earth are you talking about? Your theory is ummmmm... how shall I put it... illogical.
  4. Sens lost the game 5-2. Only comment: Lalime sucks, and that's no rocket science. http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs213198/posticons/icon16.gif Get the guy some smelling salts!! Don't they have that in Ottawa? Maybe they should order them from Minnesota...
  5. What are you talking about? We created the game?! Maybe you should do a history check. You seem to forget that your mighty Duck goalie is a Canuck himself. So is Martin Brodeur. So is half of the Minnesota Wild team. So what were you saying?
  6. Dan

    Soccer

    Hahahhahha, Réal Madrid is OUT!!!!!!!!!! Go Juventus!!!
  7. Dan

    Emoticons

    LOL Vava, they don't really represent any emotion. But their looks just make me laugh. So I guess it's the LOL-ing emoticon in a way? LOL
  8. Dan

    Emoticons

    And here's my Homer emoticon: http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs213198/dan_homer.GIF
  9. Dan

    Emoticons

    Here's an emoticon I made a while ago (my first attempt): http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs213198/dan_bart1.gif Does anyone do this stuff? It's so much fun.
  10. Azat, really, they weren't all that great. They're winning those games cos of Guigerre. Especially the first game, the Wild played wayyyyyyyyyy better, and deserved that win. Do I need to remind you that the Wild were down 3-1 to the Canucks in that series and the Canucks were eliminated? I don't see why that can't happen to the Ducks as well. I love the Wild team. They're brilliant. And they're not cocky. Actions, not words, is their motto, unlike the Canucks ... The Senators lost 4-1 vs. Devils. Really, it was such a stupid game..
  11. Yea, LOL, if only I had the time and patience to try em all...
  12. LOL. Man, I hate pop-ups. I get like 10 pop-ups with 2 IE windows open, and then my puter runs out of memory and crashes. YUCK!!!!!!!
  13. What's the best free pop-up killer? I tried a couple, but they are not working... Anyone? ::: I HATE POP-UPS :::
  14. Dan

    Mozilla

    I got the same thing as Harut. And I assembled my own computer and installed the OS from scratch. And at the time, I had only Win XP installed on my hard drive, nothing else.
  15. Dan

    Mozilla

    Yea, those weren't pop-ups. They were real message boxes. LOL. I still get them, and it's been like 2 months now. I have a firewall on too.
  16. Dan

    Mozilla

    I'm not talking about warning messages. I'm talking about ad messages in the form of warning messages. i.e. it's not a browser pop-up page. And I don't leave Kazaa open. Besides, I use Kazaa Lite. I donno. It's really annoying to get those ads and stuff every friggin minute.
  17. Dan

    Mozilla

    Domino, Previously, I was not getting ANY messages... None. Null. Zip. Nada. Now I get at least 50 messages/hour. And it's getting really annoying. My firewall is the same. It's just that the minute I installed XP and connected to the internet, I started getting those messages. And I DID install the security patches and updates provided by XP...
  18. Dan

    Mozilla

    The reason I'm saying this, Azat, is that, when I had Win 98, I had no problems with hacking. When I installed Win XP, I started getting messages all over the place, even with the firewall on. And I was using the same internet connection at the time... Sure, any hacker can attack your computer with Win 98 - but more so with Win XP.
  19. Dan

    Mozilla

    I did not hear it. I've experienced it. Yes, I do have the classic menu and stuff. But I'm just talking about how Microsoft is trying to attract a larger crowd by doing that. Oh well, never was a big fan of Bill Gates or Microsoft...
  20. Dan

    Mozilla

    Are you kidding me? Win XP has huge bugs and security holes. So far, Win 98 has been the most successful. Microsoft is making the Windows OS too unprofessional. I mean, it's getting to the point of becoming sorta like a playstation interface. Some of the features are cool, but I really hate the changes in the Control panel in XP.
  21. The Sens got 2 goals in. And by the way, I disagree that it takes the entire team to make mistakes for the team to lose. It takes only one person to cause defeat, but it takes the entire team to win. That's why it's always easy to lose, but difficult to win. Man, the Ducks really have no offensive play whatsoever. I was wondering why they went into 5 OTs on one occasion.
  22. You can't blame the Canucks defence in game 7. They had a good defence. It was their goalie that caused those give-away goals. Cloutier has been inconsistent almost all season. He plays well in one or two games, then relapses into some sort of a trance. Games 5 and 6, the Canucks defence SUCKED, but you gotta give the guys credit for game 7. They didn't play all that bad, not in period 2 and the first half of period 3 anyway, when the important goals came... Cloutier and Crawford were the ones that caused the loss in game 7 (and thus the series, as we had a 2 goal lead to which we couldn't hold on, due to Cloutier's stupidity). Especially Cloutier. He SUCKED in game 7. Period. No goalie in the history of NHL has ended up with a stat of 3.5, except for Cloutier. There must've been other teams in NHL history whose defence fluked (yet there's no goalie that has ended up with 3.5)... Sad to say and put the blame on one person in the entire team, but that's the truth of it. Cloutier caused our defeat.
  23. Yes, you are right. First period, Canucks dominated, but there were no goals. Second period, the Canucks scored two goals 1 minute apart, and after that, halfway through the 2nd period, they lost hold of it. The Wild started creating amazing opportunities to score, and the PP gave them the chance. Their first goal, though, I must say, was a bit of a lucky strike. The rest of the goals were beautiful. Well done. The Canucks lacked energy and spirits. It was as if they wanted to be done with the playoffs and just go home and rest, they didn't care much if they advanced. All they wanted to do was rest. But I still think their defeat was mostly Crawford's fault, because he refused to put in the substitute (and better) goalie, Alex Auld for game 7 (as well as at the end of game 6)... A team that is scared of substituting its main goalie (i.e. scared of taking chances) is a team that will surely lose. What would you rather do - you're losing anyway, would you rather change your goalie and try your substitute, just in case he does better, or leave the same goalie, and go on losing anyway? What will you lose if you substitute the goalie? That's what I don't understand... Why the Canucks didn't change their goalie, I don't understand, and that's mainly why I'm finding it really hard to believe that this game didn't have any $ play in it... I don't know. The Wild definitely deserved to win, but whether it was $ that caused the Canucks to lose it, or not, I don't know...
  24. LOL. Yea, well, they're bankrupt, but they're really brilliant on the offence, and they have an open play, unlike the Wild in games 1, 2 and 3 vs. Canucks.
×
×
  • Create New...