axel Posted February 11, 2004 Report Share Posted February 11, 2004 I'm determined to go see the next Wagner festival in Berlin. Axel you can come Well, if you invite me... The problem is I have great recordings at home so I am likely to be disappointed given the lack of truly outstanding wagnerian singers these days. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bellthecat Posted February 11, 2004 Report Share Posted February 11, 2004 Mussorgsky: Boris Godunov, Khovanshchina Ahh ... poor Mussorgsky, there was a tragic life. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anileve Posted February 11, 2004 Report Share Posted February 11, 2004 (edited) I agree, La Boheme is a masterpiece. Well thank you Aaaahnold....Vienna used to be the musical center you know, and the operahouse is absolutely beautiful, and being that you currently reside in Holland (as I understand), perhaps you might consider taking a trip there and then I shall join you instead of axel. I can also do an excellent impression of the Rigoletto aria. And all of this comes to you as a token of gratitude for being one of very few males that favor the opera. Edit: I realized that I omitted the word "Vienna" so my post as a result suggested that Aaaahnold used to be the musical center, and no one noticed the mistake, or rather didn't read my post, I would say the latter. Edited February 12, 2004 by anileve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 12, 2004 Report Share Posted February 12, 2004 i love the fact that we have such people on the forum who are into these things, because i think that the opera and other such things are culturally enriching.... i have always said that when im older and if i have kids, i will expose them to such things as the opera and brodway musicals and such, because children now a days arent aware of such things, and all they see is violence and sex on tv and on the computer....i mean theyre gonna see it sooner or later, but why not later? id rather have them exposed to more cultural things.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Harut Posted February 12, 2004 Report Share Posted February 12, 2004 has anyone seen the new Arshak opera in US? and what do you think about all the criticism about it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anileve Posted February 12, 2004 Report Share Posted February 12, 2004 (edited) Speaking of subtle introductions to Opera, this is based on music from “Carmen”. I love this one! Poor Carmen Edited February 12, 2004 by anileve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 12, 2004 Report Share Posted February 12, 2004 aaaaaaaaaahahhahah i love the sattire anileve...hahahaha i couldnt stop laffin, but yet again its sad Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gurgen Posted February 12, 2004 Author Report Share Posted February 12, 2004 (edited) Vienna used to be the musical center you know, and the operahouse is absolutely beautiful, and being that you currently reside in Holland (as I understand), perhaps you might consider taking a trip there and then I shall join you instead of axel. I can also do an excellent impression of the Rigoletto aria. In one year I will pas my final exam here (I will don't worry, the Dutch are stupid) and we'll go I'll work on my German first And all of this comes to you as a token of gratitude for being one of very few males that favor the opera. Yes, we are turning into barbarians slowly but surely Edited February 12, 2004 by gurgen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.