Jump to content

Whisked Away To...?


Stormig

Recommended Posts

OK, rarely bored, but I want to try something different.

I just want to pick a location anywhere across the globe and assume this is the place you were miraculously/magically zapped to. Speculations should be made about the first thing you would do upon finding yourself there. Conditions: you shall not have money with you, you shall not have your mobile phone with you. It is only a little worse than finding out you've taken the wrong plane and landed in Kuala Lumpur instead of L.A.

We will assume time travel so that you may get back to where you were before without the worry about losing time back home. However, assume that how you do where you are stranded will be the factor to get you out of there as quickly as possible - or not. (In some cases, one may not want to get out ASAP - but you may also not want to be stranded on a tropical island forever, knowing that at some point you will be back to where you were before.)

I/we may try a variety of places/cities, if interest in one dies down.

OK - first one:

 

 

You are carrying on with your office work/routine and all of a sudden find yourself in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is around Christmas time.

You realize your wallet is not on you. Neither is your phone. What do you do?

 

A. Shiver.

B. December in Brazil is summer-time, it's the Southern Hemisphere, you idiot!

C. You walk up to a guy dressed as Santa Claus in shorts and say Aloha.

D. You walk up to a gal dressed in Santa-style attire and say Aloha before trying to figure out a nice pick-up line (this is for heterosexual males).

D1. The gal says, "We say ola in Brazil."

E. ...

 

Feel free to continue and/or elaborate. :D

Edited by Stormig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I figure there's some great music in Brazil - so I'd try to find some street musicians/other artist, and dance to the groove. I'd soon forget my sorrows! Besides, I'm sure in the evenings they'll be some fireside gatherings of young/foolish travellers also short on cash - Canadians are well liked in the world, and i'd try and make some friends to travel with (hopefully, on would have the means to take me somewhere).

 

Last resort would be to find an Amex office - I'd get a replacement card/cash advance, and live it up until it waas time to fly home :) :) :partytime:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vava, you don't have your wallet with you, which means you don't have your ID's either. :D

I don't think you actually need it. I mean, that's the whole point of being "AMEX protected" non? If someone steals your wallet - you can still get help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...