DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Sasun, the program is not perfect, for instance, it is not really artificial intellgience, it just scan your text and search for words that it can associate, when it is a question, and there is no associated words, it answer you back with a typical I don't know or no etc... Such programs I don't think takes much programming skills, because there is no artificial intelligence stuff into it... for instance, when it answer with a question, and that you answer yes! or no! etc... it does not know why this yes! or no! have been answered, the association of words stops just after it has answered you... Looking at it, I am interested to build such a thing, it does not take real programming skills... and it may be fun, it would be good if we could add new associations and make it grow more and more, we can ask to some here, we have many geeks that can help. We may call it the Hyeforum chick etc... or something like that... It can really be fun, we keep it open source, and we exchange what we have been adding in it... to make it grow and grow and grow etc... Ours may be more intelligent, we could make continual associations, like if we answer yes! or no ! the association with the previous scans are kept... isen't that a good idea? Then we bring that chick to the BOTizen and make them converse with eachothers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Domino, looks like you spent quite some time with that chick to see her weak points In all fairness, she may not be that intelligent but she does have a good sense of humor, better than most real people. As far as I am concerned, she is also quite smart for a woman (oops... sorry ladies ) But no seriously, she is intelligent, I mean look at her answers, simply scanning and shooting words is totally different. She makes a lot of sense most of the time, and she even sells the product (actually herself, try to tell her that she is a prostitute ). First I was even suspecting someone sarcastic is sitting behind her. It can really be fun, we keep it open source, and we exchange what we have been adding in it... to make it grow and grow and grow etc... Ours may be more intelligent, we could make continual associations, like if we answer yes! or no ! the association with the previous scans are kept... isen't that a good idea? Then we bring that chick to the BOTizen and make them converse with eachothers. Dude, don't you think we should make a HyeForum guy instead of a chick to talk to her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 (edited) She is not smart. Wait to see what she answered when I asked her IQ. "I don't really know, Domino. I've never taken any of those IQ Tests. I reckon I'd do pretty badly. " Edited November 21, 2003 by Fadix Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bellthecat Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Sasun, the program is not perfect, for instance, it is not really artificial intellgience, it just scan your text and search for words that it can associate, when it is a question, and there is no associated words, it answer you back with a typical I don't know or no etc... Such programs I don't think takes much programming skills, because there is no artificial intelligence stuff into it... for instance, when it answer with a question, and that you answer yes! or no! etc... it does not know why this yes! or no! have been answered, the association of words stops just after it has answered you... Looking at it, I am interested to build such a thing, it does not take real programming skills... and it may be fun, it would be good if we could add new associations and make it grow more and more, we can ask to some here, we have many geeks that can help. A genocide denialist bot should be easy to make - though maybe it exists already and is called Mr Nasty. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 A genocide denialist bot should be easy to make - though maybe it exists already and is called Mr Nasty. Yeah, he does seem to have many robotic qualities but as Domino and Phantom have attested his memory is something like 2 seconds? And he also desplays some idiotic qualities - needs to be refurbished Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Twilight Bark Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 A genocide denialist bot should be easy to make - though maybe it exists already and is called Mr Nasty. That's been done, back in the early days of internet, when UseNet was the place, and David Davidian was the net-warrior. While real live people (Ahmet Cosar, Hasan Mutlu, and there was another I can't remember right now, in succession) did "battle" him and a motley crew of Armenians, Greeks, and occasional Russians, they apparently employed a primitive robot to parse the newsgroups for any mention of "sensitive" words, including Turkey. It was a favorite pastime of the anti-Turkish group to trip up the robot by Turkey recipes, whereby the poor creature would reply by a semi-random anti-Armenian diatribe in response to a supposedly Thanksgiving-related post. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CheekY Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 how do you ask her stuff? or did you make it all up?? lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 how do you ask her stuff? or did you make it all up?? lol no skittles, just type in your questions. but first you need to put your name and email (better put bogus email not to get spam) and enter, if you haven't done yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Guys, you have given me a good idea... what about an antidenialistbot ? I load every materials in that thing, we give it an ability to scan words... Won't be difficult, only the words "malta tribunal" "Talaat Telegrams." "McCarthy" "Shaws" would be enought to answer a preestablished answer... we ask the geeks to write us some Macro, and gives it an ability to post automatically in Turkish forums. We call it Fadibotix... An artificial Domino. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 I just asked botizen if she liked Domino. She said she hadn't tried one before Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Fadibotix is good, another good name is Mr. Nice (I assume it will take care of Mr. Nasty) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Fadibotix is good, another good name is Mr. Nice (I assume it will take care of Mr. Nasty) Sasun, I am serious about this program, ... if it finds a few words that it recognise, it will answer back. We send it in many Turkish sites. BTW Sip, when I asked her if she loves me she answered. "Its hard, but I try to anyway, Domino. " Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Fad, although AI branch of CS is not my strength, I would suggest you read a bit about "expert systems" ... probably best bet is to start with rule-based ones. Here's a link to give you an idea: http://www.cobblestoneconcepts.com/ucgis2s...2/choi/choi.htm Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Fad, although AI branch of CS is not my strength, I would suggest you read a bit about "expert systems" ... probably best bet is to start with rule-based ones. Here's a link to give you an idea: http://www.cobblestoneconcepts.com/ucgis2s...2/choi/choi.htm Sip, I do not want to use artificial inteligence, just words scanning. BTW, Angel is naked, when I asked her if she was she answered. "Are you naked too? " She still refuses to show her breasts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 "Artifical Intelligence" can be a lot of things. Anytime you have a system that can come up with correct answers to questions, you are creating artifical intelligence. How you do it, it's your busniess ... I'm just trying to tell you there is already a LOT done in this area so why not use it! You can probably find software packages that already exist and all you have to do is train them for what you want to do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 I just wanted to let you know what you seem to be talking about with creating a bot that answers denial/genocide questions is referred to as an "expert system". Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 You can probably find software packages that already exist and all you have to do is train them for what you want to do. It is funny you are telling me this, because I searched yesterday without success... I guess they cost a lot of money, is there some sharewares avelable? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 commercial ones I'm sure will be quite expensive. I don't know about shareware but your best bet is academia with experimental / student project types of software ... I don't know of any but now you know what to look for! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 I agree with Sip, writing from scratch is an awful lot of work, I mean one as intelligent as the botizon. Domino, if you have extra money why not purchase or rent botizon and train her - that's what she is for. But maybe there are free open source ones (although I doubt free ones are as smart as Angel) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted November 21, 2003 Author Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 commercial ones I'm sure will be quite expensive. I don't know about shareware but your best bet is academia with experimental / student project types of software ... I don't know of any but now you know what to look for! A quick search in sourceforge turned up this educational project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bif/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 This seems to be a fairly standard one ... ANYTHING left over from 1985 and still being used has got to be good and really debugged. I just don't know if it is what you want or how much C programming knowledge it needs ... but worth a look http://www.ghg.net/clips/CLIPS.html Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 21, 2003 Report Share Posted November 21, 2003 Hmmm... that CLIPS thing sound very advanced and complex, I downloaded the thing, the basic book is 400 pages. But there is examples to download, I may just use the basic examples structures and add on it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 22, 2003 Report Share Posted November 22, 2003 (edited) After reading about it, and some other softwares, I came to the conclusion that there is no real advantages on using such programs, since I have to enter all the informations, some functions exist that are practicle, but I won't use such softwares and learn them, when I will probably never use it again in my life. So I decided to write it in C++ the majority of the commands will be with ifs, the scanning part will be the major problem for me, but I can steal few source codes from elsewhere and addapt them... I'm pretty sure that Azat has many of those source codes to be stolen. Fadibotix: In 1915, over a million Armenians perished. Angel: I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, Fadibotix. Fadibotix: Is that supposed to be an argument to prove there was no genocide?(have in mind, it is supposed to exist only to answer denialists. ) Angel: I'm sure it is. Fadibotix: Then you don't even worth my reply. Angel: I am sorry, I don't like to brag, but I would rather leave you to see yourself the impact of BOTizen. Fadibotix: What the hell BOTizen has anything to do with whatever or not it was a genocide?(Take the word starting with a capital letter, and when it can't associated it with a bank of words it has, it randomnly chooses few positive answers like this one, in order to not be repetitive.) Angel: BOTizen provides guidance in navigating through web sites as well as answering queries online in real time. Fadibotix: (after scanning the uses of this word a second time) What the hell is BOTizen? Angel: BOTizen is a Cyber Customer Service Agent that automates your CRM activities. BOTizen engages your customers online and while assisting web site administration at the same time. Here, Fadibotix. I've brought up just a little more information on the BOTizen. Fadibotix: You are diverting the central topic, BOTizen has nothing to do with the question, and does in no way prove or disprove the genocide.(answers that after that it does not find any words such as "General" "Consul" "1914" "1915" etc... and not being able to assassociate it.) Angel: Fadibotix, if you are interested in buying BOTizen, please send an email to sales@vqinteractive.com. Our sales department will be glad to assist you further. Fadibotix: You must be an idiot in order to repeat the same story, when it has nothing to do with the central subject.(scanned again the same word) Angel: I have the ability to learn knowledge on my own from past experience. Even now, I am constantly learning from my interactions with users such as yourself and continually improving myself to serve you better. Fadibotix: If you can't write anything worthy to be read, I will leave then. Angel: I'm stuck here, Fadibotix. Sorry. That's the kind of interactions I expect. But I am sure and after trying it, I will be bored and leave it on my list of things to do. Edited November 22, 2003 by Fadix Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anileve Posted November 26, 2003 Report Share Posted November 26, 2003 This is awesome! My question was: Can you see me? (I know I know but I had to try) Answer: "Maybe I don't really want to see you. " By the way I downloaded Mike's voice, it was interesting to get a Transvestite robot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shiner Posted December 9, 2003 Report Share Posted December 9, 2003 (edited) I just saw this $400,000 robot on TV. This thing was scary. I don't watch a whole lot of movies but it made me think of Artificial Intelligence. That movie seems so realistic. There's also talk about unemployment rising as a result of robots displacing humans at work within a few decades. Edited December 9, 2003 by shiner Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.