Zara's corner

MosJan

Thanks guys. :)

Vot@s xerov lini qo nor ankyunum! :P :) ;)

So far, I like. :) Can you elaborate your post from 4:28 p.m.? I read in the God thread that you have given up or at least do not have faith in God anymore. Do you find those questions scarier in the absence of faith/ belief or is it easier to question them notwithstanding same?

In relation to your identity, have you come to accept your inherent nuances/ personality quirks, or ar you in a constant battle w/ yourself?

I have drastically changed in a very short period of time, and I sometimes look back at the ease of the transition. I am wondering whether you are going through that as well... if you see fit, please do let me know.

Ok, lav, shat yerkar huyrutsyan eka, lol. Let's go visit others too. :)

The corner?

Elaborate? not sure if I can. I've always had the problem of questioning myself with questions that aren't answerable. I actually started off thinking about what makes a person Armenian or American. Then the whole thought process broadened tenfold and I came to the final question in the post. I realize that I will always change both in the way I look but also inside. Same applies to just about everyone else.

As for the whole God issue, neither. I'm not scared of either in any regard. All I know is that faith in a God or any deity is a belief and I won't believe in anything that I don't understand or know. Fact is, I don't know much either so I don't believe in much. Believing in something I'm not sure about is the same as lying to myself and that's the last thing I want to do. As for religion, it's an institution. I found that out when they 'stole' money from us. Sad but true.

I've never battled myself and always accepted my personal traits and quirks. I also know that I will always change but mostly after seeing my extremes with my own eyes. That completely breaks me down.

Right now, I don't know. Want to elaborate on yours or is it too personal?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now I get the idea of the "corner".

Zara jan congratulations on your corner. I brought you a gift.. its a X-BOX 360 with call of duty modern warfare and two controllers. Now all you need is a flat screen.

Very nice gift but I already have one. Sorry. But you should come over for a test-run anyway. :lol:

Well I dont take presents back, sorry.Thanks for the invite, but im gona have to pass on it this time..Ill take it as a raincheck and cash it some other day. B)

peace.

You have the receipt? I wasn't serious about you coming over.

Zara jan, congratulations on the corner... however, I don't understand why is your round room called a corner? Anyways, I'll stop by every now and then, don't forget to have coffee at all times!!!

Really? I thought it was an octagon with many corners? I just happen to like corner number 5.

Lol, your funny. to late im coming over.........NOT!

Glad to hear it.

So no one else knows where the building is located?

If its Canada then It looks like the city which borders Bufallo, New York. On the Canadian side, I forgot the name but its where Niagra Falls is located, there are some high-rises there...am I right? Edited by LK82

Loooooool I have been on this Forum since August 2005 and I still don't have my corner nor do I have a Nobility title. I guess I am not supported here heh?????? Lol lol lol....... :msn-cry:

Good Luck!!!!!

Nobility is not a title, Nobilities are members like anyone else. As for your corner, send a mod a request they'll study it.

Thanks guys. :)

The corner?

Elaborate? not sure if I can. I've always had the problem of questioning myself with questions that aren't answerable. I actually started off thinking about what makes a person Armenian or American. Then the whole thought process broadened tenfold and I came to the final question in the post. I realize that I will always change both in the way I look but also inside. Same applies to just about everyone else.

As for the whole God issue, neither. I'm not scared of either in any regard. All I know is that faith in a God or any deity is a belief and I won't believe in anything that I don't understand or know. Fact is, I don't know much either so I don't believe in much. Believing in something I'm not sure about is the same as lying to myself and that's the last thing I want to do. As for religion, it's an institution. I found that out when they 'stole' money from us. Sad but true.

I've never battled myself and always accepted my personal traits and quirks. I also know that I will always change but mostly after seeing my extremes with my own eyes. That completely breaks me down.

Right now, I don't know. Want to elaborate on yours or is it too personal?

Zara jan, I went back and reread the questions I had asked. I was just thinking out loud after reading your post. Disregard.

Not going to touch the God part. THought I don't agree with one part of what you said...

"I won't believe in anything that I don't understand or know."

I don't understand or know a lot of things that occur, but they are occuring nonetheless. But if you menat that since it cannot be proven that is why you cannot believe, then I understand what you meant. :)

~~~~~

My main point was that sometimes we shock ourselves. I thought I knew myself so well. I thought I knew myself far better than I do. And sometimes I do things which I thought were beyond me, my abilities, and I understand that i never pushed or have never seen myslef outside/beyond the box that I was put in. As an adult, I see how damagaing that was for my personality, my ego and my ability to strive for something more challenging, something “a girl shouldn’t necessarily do”.

And other times I disappoint myself. I know I’m better than my actions but I make mistakes anyway. Something which doesn’t necessarily harm me, but which inflicts it’s mark deeep enough to cause me worry and to make me question myslef- whether I know theperson who I am and ll I am capable of.

When I was your age (I saw) I was so sure of everything. The questions I asked were not to myself but to the world. I thought I had all the answers. “They” were in the wrong, not I.

But the older I get older, the more I realize I don’t know much... :)

I have just learned a major life lesson in the past few years...I have been too trusting, to open and willing to accept people. I so wanted to see the good in them and to prove to myself that people are good for the most part. But life has proven otherwise. So now I am selective as to who I care for, who I pay mind to , who can associate with my daughter and be in our lives (especially so called “relatives”). I have lived and learned. And things are falling into place. :)

Aging is a privilege, a gift, wisdom, contentment, security in one’s self. I am happy that I am not seventeen or even 21 anymore. I look forward to aging. :)

Enough rambling.

:)

Where is the other stuff? :)

Nobility is not a title, Nobilities are members like anyone else. As for your corner, send a mod a request they'll study it.

Yes Domino jan Nobility is not a title, and Nobility is not a privilege nor Nobility has any privileges over other members

members who are or were Nob - are in hyeforum to help The MOds & Admin

any time we need an Advice or help in any subject we ask NOB's opinion, or if we need to make any changes to our forum NOB & MOD's work w/ Admin and participate in management of our forum

also NOB's are our possible MOD reserve, when we need a Mod, Mods choose one from the bunch, some of the NOB's are also retired Mod's or simply important (by their very important contribution in Armenian history and culture) veterans.

we limit our nob's to 12 members, wan a NOB steps dawn we riplace them w/ a new NOb by asking MOD's and NOB's of our forum to who will be the next / new NOb of the forum

any other questions ???

Who do I have to assassinate to get my own corner? Anyone? :starwars:

assassinate ?? no no need to assassinate anyone - but if you wish for a Corner you can be a suicide bomber and you will get not only your corner but also 144 vegans - to get your corner ASAP please submit 3 color videos of your suicide bombing, remember no animals should be hurt

Zara jan, I went back and reread the questions I had asked. I was just thinking out loud after reading your post. Disregard.

Not going to touch the God part. THought I don't agree with one part of what you said...

"I won't believe in anything that I don't understand or know."

I don't understand or know a lot of things that occur, but they are occuring nonetheless. But if you menat that since it cannot be proven that is why you cannot believe, then I understand what you meant. :)

Second part sums it up I guess. But it's not that I can't believe. I don't want to. Not yet. People always change their minds and opinions. Maybe I'll change mine about faith and religion some day.

~~~~~

My main point was that sometimes we shock ourselves. I thought I knew myself so well. I thought I knew myself far better than I do. And sometimes I do things which I thought were beyond me, my abilities, and I understand that i never pushed or have never seen myslef outside/beyond the box that I was put in. As an adult, I see how damagaing that was for my personality, my ego and my ability to strive for something more challenging, something “a girl shouldn’t necessarily do”.

And other times I disappoint myself. I know I’m better than my actions but I make mistakes anyway. Something which doesn’t necessarily harm me, but which inflicts it’s mark deeep enough to cause me worry and to make me question myslef- whether I know theperson who I am and ll I am capable of.

When I was your age (I saw) I was so sure of everything. The questions I asked were not to myself but to the world. I thought I had all the answers. “They” were in the wrong, not I.

But the older I get older, the more I realize I don’t know much... :)

I'm never sure of myself. Trust me on that one. And sometimes it's no ones fault but things turn out a certain way and you have to deal with what you've got. I don't view myself as 'untouchable' and 'on top of the world'. I'm working from the bottom up.

I have just learned a major life lesson in the past few years...I have been too trusting, to open and willing to accept people. I so wanted to see the good in them and to prove to myself that people are good for the most part. But life has proven otherwise. So now I am selective as to who I care for, who I pay mind to , who can associate with my daughter and be in our lives (especially so called “relatives”). I have lived and learned. And things are falling into place. :)

Aging is a privilege, a gift, wisdom, contentment, security in one’s self. I am happy that I am not seventeen or even 21 anymore. I look forward to aging. :)

I was like that a long time ago. Before I started questioning anything and everything seriously. I've been used ever since I can remember so I learned through trial and error that it doesn't turn out very well. With family, friends, co-workers, superiors, and so on.

Personally, I don't want to age. Every year passes by so quickly. It feels it was just yesterday and you don't feel it until you think about it. Sad part is that the better the time you're having the faster time goes by. On top of that, I feel like I've wasted a large portion of my life doing something I never wanted to do.

Edited by Zara

I read some of the religion posts just now.

And I started thinking.

As usual.

Why is God portrayed as a man?

Is it wrong to question something that seems concrete for many people? Something that's even concrete for those who run countries? How can people say that God is a man or a woman without any sort of doubt?

Not even a thought crossing their minds.

So why do they?

For the sake of making sense out of a world they don’t understand?

For closure?

To feel like something is finalized just because they came up with an 'answer?'

No one really knows who or what God is. What if he’s neither man nor woman? Why does he need to have a pen**? Or even reproductive organs in general? What if God doesn’t even look like us? All of this, of course, is under the assumption that God exists, which is something in question all in itself. A lot of evidence shows that humans are definitely not the oldest beings to have ever lived. Look at a bats skeletal structure and a humans skeletal structure. They look almost identical. All mammals have the same amount of vertebrae. Even giraffes. Their vertebrae are just larger. Neither of these animals are really that old considering the 'age' of the Earth either and humans have similarities to them in one way or another. So why are humans the 'models' of God? Where did God even come from? Did another being make God? Who or what was or is that being? How was God created and why? Who created the creator of God? Why? Will this cycle ever end?

A few more thoughts.

There are more women in college than men. As technology grows the demand for hard labor gets weaker and weaker. Is this going to shift anything in the way things are run in this society? If more women are educated where does that leave men? Hard labor? Women are becoming more and more influential as time passes by. Look at Clinton and Pelosi. They are very powerful and influential women. What about the moral and social values of Sweden? Will this western society eventually become female oriented? Or will it stay the same way? Maybe break even - 50/50? Will religion change its perspective? It definitely influences the way people think. Will more people begin to lose faith in something that was once concrete?

I think I goofed somewhere in the above post. I wish editing time was longer. -_-

Zara jan, I will write something to you see if you can understand this - Read it fast, don't stop to think about it!!

Zara jan, I sohlud tlel you taht semoitems you dno't need to whrigt the crorcet wdors for semonoe to undresatnd the maneing of the wrods, atuclaly it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Don't worry to much!!! ;)

Zara jan, I will write something to you see if you can understand this - Read it fast, don't stop to think about it!!

Zara jan, I sohlud tlel you taht semoitems you dno't need to whrigt the crorcet wdors for semonoe to undresatnd the maneing of the wrods, atuclaly it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Don't worry to much!!! ;)

Yeah, I got it. Ash, you're a funny guy. You know that? thank you.

I was thinking more along the lines of an entire couple of phrases and sentences. I don't think I said exactly what I meant. That can lead to some really ugly confrontation and confusion. I think.

I guess.

I also wanted to say a few more things that I didn't even think about until I just read the post.

Edited by Zara

The only word I didn't get was taotl. But I was reading very quickly. It's total right?

Do I get a prize? Maybe a party? hint, hint. :naughty:

should I say what I didn't say? There's more. Or is it totally uninteresting and I should stop? Or am I going to far into something that I shouldn't in public?

Edited by Zara

Do I get a prize? Maybe a party? hint, hint. :naughty:

should I say what I didn't say? There's more. Or is it totally uninteresting and I should stop? Or am I going to far into something that I shouldn't in public?

WHAT there is a party and Im not invited?