Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 what a useless and illogical thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By who's standards kakachik77, your standards? I rest my case!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 (edited) In my life I have known my uncle who became a very successful and respected member of any community that he set foot in. I have known my own father who by surviving the massacres as a very young child, he was taken to the American orphanage and amongst all the young Armenian children in the school he always won the first award in everything every single year; from Mathematics to History, Language, etc. Being an orphan, he couldn't go to a college or a university; yet he became a very successful businessman in life and was always respected to and he was a leader in any organization that he was a part of. He was always a leader amongst his friends also; because he possessed a very keen mind and he was extremely smart. I have also known my own grandmother who was the smartest woman ever to both lead and speak intelligently next to my grandfather who lead a community. I have also known many others who didn't finish colleges or universities; yet they were and some still are extremely successful and looked up to individuals in any society that they belonged to. Edited April 23, 2006 by Anahid Takouhi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 dra hamar petq e kyanqi dprots avartel naxkan dprots avarel@! if one is bought up a spoiled and selfish kid, uni or any school might teach him 2+2=4 and have a peace of paper but wont be able to sell an argument in real life, around the table with single malt scotch Edward; you're one of the smartest guys on the block as you have grasped what I was trying to say!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kakachik77 Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 ok, we got it... you did not finish college and now gluxs es tsavatsnum ...if you feel like you are missing out on something why don't you just go for it, follow your heart...even if your family members don't agree etc. My boyfriend dropped out to start a business and now years later he does not have the company and he does not have the degree...well I still love him and by the way many Armenians who did end up at orphanages after the Genocide DID go to college. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 ok, we got it... you did not finish college and now gluxs es tsavatsnum ...if you feel like you are missing out on something why don't you just go for it, follow your heart...even if your family members don't agree etc. My boyfriend dropped out to start a business and now years later he does not have the company and he does not have the degree...well I still love him and by the way many Armenians who did end up at orphanages after the Genocide DID go to college. Kakachik; sorry vor gluxt em tsavatsnum I have been already going to college part time as I consider my daughter and family first. I already have accumulated more than a year's college and I intend to continue it kakachik. I was just trying to make a point about the educated people vs. the uneducated people that I have got to know in my life and their respective smartness. Though my father didn't go to college but he worked without pay with a very successful businessman and he became one himself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 In my life I have known my uncle who became a very successful and respected member of any community that he set foot in. I have known my own father who by surviving the massacres as a very young child, he was taken to the American orphanage and amongst all the young Armenian children in the school he always won the first award in everything every single year; from Mathematics to History, Language, etc. Being an orphan, he couldn't go to a college or a university; yet he became a very successful businessman in life and was always respected to and he was a leader in any organization that he was a part of. He was always a leader amongst his friends also; because he possessed a very keen mind and he was extremely smart. I have also known my own grandmother who was the smartest woman ever to both lead and speak intelligently next to my grandfather who lead a community. I have also known many others who didn't finish colleges or universities; yet they were and some still are extremely successful and looked up to individuals in any society that they belonged to. as i said before dont make statements based on observations of 1 or 2 or 10 or even 1000 people. the message of this topic is completely not logical and is inaccurate for the masses. bill gates too did not finish university that does not mean to become the richest person in the world one should drop off from school and start a business Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 what we need more are street smart doctors and engineers... hehehe short and sweet du shat tipes baits Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 as i said before dont make statements based on observations of 1 or 2 or 10 or even 1000 people. the message of this topic is completely not logical and is inaccurate for the masses. bill gates too did not finish university that does not mean to become the richest person in the world one should drop off from school and start a business As I also said before, I never meant for someone to drop off from school and start a business. I would leave that to the individual and how they see it fit. Yet if someone doesn't have the gut smarts himself or herself no matter how many degrees one has it wouldn't make the individual really smart or successful in life. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 the message of this topic is completely not logical and is inaccurate for the masses. Edward; I am glad that you understood it right away!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 Edward; I am glad that you understood it right away!!!!!!!!!!!! if you believe i did not understand you nor get the deeper reason why one would write such a topic you are greatly mistake. the real question is if you understand what i and few others are saying Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 Given the choice between an educated idiot and a noneducated one, I would choose the educated one every single time. Same with smart individual, educated one gets my vote. Having said this I'm sending my single malt bottles to higher education, because I rather drink an educated drink as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 educated idiot i thought about this for a wile, and, with no clear defanition what educated means! those two words sounds like an axymoron PS. Yervant try the Mccellens 18 year old single malt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 i thought about this for a wile, and, with no clear defanition what educated means! those two words sounds like an axymoron PS. Yervant try the Mccellens 18 year old single malt. Edward I know what you're saying and I agree with it. But it would not be a good camparison if you campare an uneducated smart person with an educated dumb one. To get a valid result you campare educated and uneducated idiots or smart people against each other. My point is if you get education it will make you a better person than what you were before education. Is it Mccellens or Mcllelans? Because I don't remember seeing this one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 Edward I know what you're saying and I agree with it. But it would not be a good camparison if you campare an uneducated smart person with an educated dumb one. To get a valid result you campare educated and uneducated idiots or smart people against each other. My point is if you get education it will make you a better person than what you were before education. Is it Mccellens or Mcllelans? Because I don't remember seeing this one. now dont make me go dig into the trush can got to be Mcllelens about the rest, still i want to hear what educated means, let me put it this way, what collage can teach you no street can, and vs-versa smart, educated dosent mean you wise, wisdom you get from life, from experiance, pain, happines, sadness and joy etc......now if one dident experianced real life experiance no matter how many diplomas one has he is still and chances are one is an idiot by the way i do have diploma which no college can give you. and one from formal college also Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted April 23, 2006 Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 now dont make me go dig into the trush can got to be Mcllelens about the rest, still i want to hear what educated means, let me put it this way, what collage can teach you no street can, and vs-versa smart, educated dosent mean you wise, wisdom you get from life, from experiance, pain, happines, sadness and joy etc......now if one dident experianced real life experiance no matter how many diplomas one has he is still and chances are one is an idiot by the way i do have diploma which no college can give you. and one from formal college also Edward I'm not discounting the street knowledge that you're talking about. Street want teach you about DNA or any scientific knowledge. Just imagine if you add educational knowledge with life experience knowledge, it will make you a better rounded person and more succesfull. A homeless person will survive better on the streets than an educated one who did not have the experience of the street but this is not a good comparison and say that life is the only experience you need to be succesfull in life. All I'm saying is education with life experience and wisdom will be better than just street wisdom. I'll look for Mcllelens on my next trip to the Liquor store. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 if you believe i did not understand you nor get the deeper reason why one would write such a topic you are greatly mistake. the real question is if you understand what i and few others are saying I believe you understood; because obviously you are also a smart person; I was not disputing that. The reason why I said what I said about Edward, because I think not only he has a high college education and a diploma + life experience and + wisdom; but he also has a keen mind and an understanding heart!!!!!! I simply appreciate it, as simple as that. And yes Azad; I did understand everything that was said in here, thank you!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 23, 2006 (edited) Edward; basically what I was trying to say is that with or without a formal education, the smart genes of a person you're born with it or you aren't. Though a school can give you knowledge and actually make you to be more intelligent and in some cases makes your brain work better; yet I have encountered in life that some educated people were not able to gain much in life. If you want to call it street smarts or "achke pats" whatever. Yet after school what you can make out of yourself it depends entirely to the individual's smartness and how they can conduct themselves in their respective lives. Edited April 23, 2006 by Anahid Takouhi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 I think it's Macallan's. Yum. Sherry Oak 18 year. http://www.themacallan.com/index.html Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 I think the message of this thead is that Edward is an intelligent, smart, caring, awesome, and super duper guy. For that, I will have to disagree with some of the comments above and proclaim this as one of the best threads ever. So now ... when are we roasting Edward? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 spasi du LA kgass che!!!! yes qez roast tsuyts ktam yes el post chem anelu, VERJ! Vavul karoghe duk qyavartsi eq? kamel kyazaztsi? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 24, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 (edited) I think the message of this thead is that Edward is an intelligent, smart, caring, awesome, and super duper guy. For that, I will have to disagree with some of the comments above and proclaim this as one of the best threads ever. So now ... when are we roasting Edward? Sipan; voch megou roast anelou ches. Adang pan chega. Edited April 24, 2006 by Anahid Takouhi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 So now ... when are we roasting Edward? I have the fire on it's about to turn into charcoal, Sip you just have to marinate Edward with some of his 18 years old single malt and let it sit for an hour. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 chhaskatsank, ba mer Edwart@ miany 18 tarva wiskii a arjani. unless you guys find some 50 year old Scotch we wont roast Ed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 chhaskatsank, ba mer Edwart@ miany 18 tarva wiskii a arjani. unless you guys find some 50 year old Scotch we wont roast Ed. the most intiligent post of this thread Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted April 24, 2006 Report Share Posted April 24, 2006 chhaskatsank, ba mer Edwart@ miany 18 tarva wiskii a arjani. unless you guys find some 50 year old Scotch we wont roast Ed. Good luck with that 50 years old. I yet to see anything above 30 years old, I'm not saying it's not available but I haven't seen it for sale in stores. If you do kiss your bank account goodbye. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.