aSoldier Posted April 19, 2006 Report Share Posted April 19, 2006 Anyone own a copy? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted April 19, 2006 Report Share Posted April 19, 2006 What is this about Seb? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aSoldier Posted April 20, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BP8XS...&v=glance&n=130 If anyone has seen it, I'd like to know what you thought of it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 (edited) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BP8XS...&v=glance&n=130 If anyone has seen it, I'd like to know what you thought of it. Sorry Seb; I haven't seen it yet; but I would like to order it. When I get it and see it; then I'll let you know. Sounds interesting. Edited April 20, 2006 by Anahid Takouhi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aSoldier Posted April 20, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 I am also interested in "The Genocide In Me" despite the things I have heard about it. Thanks Anahid Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 I am also interested in "The Genocide In Me" despite the things I have heard about it. Thanks Anahid You're welcomed Seb; when you get it and watch this, then we can discuss about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maral Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 I am also interested in "The Genocide In Me" despite the things I have heard about it. Thanks Anahid What have you heard about it???????? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aSoldier Posted April 20, 2006 Author Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 What have you heard about it???????? My friends tell me it isn't that great, they also stated that the film has little to do with the Genocide. Have you seen it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 It is a Swedish film and made actually in 1988 and I never heard about it yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maral Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 My friends tell me it isn't that great, they also stated that the film has little to do with the Genocide. Have you seen it? NO I havn't seen it,but I did watch an interview with her...and I deduced that it's basically a homemade documentary about how the genocide still affects Armenian girls lives today...I liked her,I also was amused at how she talks, ArmEnglish if you will...just like me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 The genocide affects Armenian girls' lives today. Armenian girls of today should be the 4th generation basically. The way I believe that it may affect them should be at least in two ways. As belonging to the nationality they would feel that it was demeaning to us as a nation to go through to all of that ordeal. The other is that if they feel somewhat strongly to their roots, depending on how they were brought up, not only a great deal of loss was committed against us but that to this date we as a nation we still have to try to prove ourselves that these atrocities and a Genocide actually and thruthfully was commited against us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 Genocide in Me is a personal story. It has more to do with how the Genocide effected her than the Genocide itself. The I hate Dogs though is news to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 The Genocide in me is not a Swedish film - it's Canadian, made by Araz Artinian here in Montreal. I have seen it, and I think it's great. It's not a story about the Genocide, but more a personal account of growing up in diaspora with this kind of heavy cultural baggage. In the movie she interviews several Genocide survivors - the interviews are fantastic. You can (hear) view some of them on the site: www.20voices.com which has been mentioned many times here on HF. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted April 20, 2006 Report Share Posted April 20, 2006 Oh, unless of course you were referring to Back to Ararat - I know nothing about that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.