gamavor Posted February 22, 2005 Report Share Posted February 22, 2005 http://www.invaderdigital.com/main_index.htm A very impresive art portfolio! From "Lord of the Rings" to "Animatrix: The fight of Osiris". Besides that, I have heard that he is working on a project called "Vardanank"! Finaly someone took the chalenge! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kakachik77 Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 hehe, I know this guy, his dad is my dad's friend in LA, they are Catholic Armenians. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Siamanto Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 (edited) gamavor, Thanks for the link! they are Catholic Armenians. style_images/master/snapback.png Anything particular about Catholic Armenians? Just cirious! Edited February 23, 2005 by Siamanto Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kakachik77 Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 well one thing that I paid attention to at Kupelian's (the dad) office was the Pope's pictures on his wall. Otherwise nothing in particular. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
phantom22 Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 (edited) Catholic Armenians are a different breed. Do a survey on their careers and you will see that they statistically diverge from those of the Gregorian faith. The social interactions of those in the family are also different. Ditto the Evangelicals. Edited February 23, 2005 by phantom22 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nakharar Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 I am a Catholic Armenian. I agree with you. We never quite fitted in with other Armenians. Maybe this is one of the reasons why my family lives detached in Santa Monica. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
phantom22 Posted February 23, 2005 Report Share Posted February 23, 2005 Nakharar, Ditto for my family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted August 3, 2005 Report Share Posted August 3, 2005 (edited) I just happened to catch his Artsakh documentary "Dark forest in the mountains" on LA's horizon channal. Exellent work. I strongley recommend it to everyone. Buy it if need be! http://www.abrilbooks.com/VideoInfo/DarkForest.htm Edited August 3, 2005 by Zartonk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ludwig9 Posted August 3, 2005 Report Share Posted August 3, 2005 I just happened to catch his Artsakh documentary "Dark forest in the mountains" on LA's horizon channal. Exellent work. I strongley recommend it to everyone. Buy it if need be! http://www.abrilbooks.com/VideoInfo/DarkForest.htm style_images/master/snapback.png I have the video as well, it is a one of the best works that I have seen. There are actual interviews with the soldiers on the field; Roger was actually with them while shooting the documentary on the war front, and real people telling stories of what happened. The documentary is not just a bunch of information being read by a narrator, it involves the audience as if they were a part of the documentary. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted August 3, 2005 Report Share Posted August 3, 2005 (edited) I have the video as well, it is a one of the best works that I have seen. There are actual interviews with the soldiers on the field; Roger was actually with them while shooting the documentary on the war front, and real people telling stories of what happened. The documentary is not just a bunch of information being read by a narrator, it involves the audience as if they were a part of the documentary. Precisley why it's a special one. Every Armenian can begin to feel he is behind that camera. Edited August 3, 2005 by Zartonk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.