mx5
Members-
Posts
176 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by mx5
-
Many thanks Boghos for the link,my son already started to forward them to his friends through MMS. I personaly liked Հայկական Պար 1.
-
Ive been closely following this match from many web sites,Smpat Lbudian and Vladimir hagopian were out of form in the first half of the match due to lack of active play for some time,but on the second half they both played great. playchess.com which is a German site called the match Petrosian team vs. the world,the famous spanish site chess21 which was also bradcasting the match live like all other chess sites called Armenia vs.the world,while many other web sites including Chessbase.com which is a partner of playchess called it Armenia and friends vs.the world!! from Armenian team was playing,in addition to best Armenian GMs,world Champion Kasparov,worlds no.4 peter Leko a hungarian and armenian "pessa"(groom ,his wife is an Armenian and he insisted on playing as an armenian!!)and top Grandmaster Gelafand from Israel!!!! he also insisted playing on The armenian team as former Petrosian chess school student.
-
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Sip, I for one consider The Armenian Diaspora as an Extansion of Armenia itself,knowing that once that I am preserving myself as an armenian I can be helpfull to it in many ways if ever is requiered from me ,even go and live there if neccesery. but from what i see you are the proponent of the other view,which is :If you are living outside Armenia it is useless to make an effort for preserving youself as Armenian. I dont mind that view but in my opinion a strong and integrated armenian diaspora can become very usefull tool in Armenias' well being in many ways.and for that reason we need people who have faith in themselves as Armenians first....!! jack -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Excellent post Armenian Pirate,great value for those who want to read and grasp its meanings. As a person living in lebanon I would like to say that the social stigmas regardin to armenian females have been changed dramatically here and it is helping to more hye/hye marriages . One more thing to say,yes you are right most of the hye/odar marriages are ending up with failure,proof,many of them are coming forward and admitting their regret in open,the last of whom being a nighbour of mine...its a long story.... -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
My dilema is for guys like you that we are losing Thoth ,and you dont worry about the existence of Armenia as a nation,nor to a great extent about the Diaspora,there are enough good tough Armeninas to carry the torch for generations to come.. The above statment makes much difference and shows exactly the frame of your thinking,I think you will find that the existance of Armenia itself is a taboo issue for most of us...the ARMENIANS. However Thanks for the reply and the effort ... -
Ays shuner@ kavazan gouzen...
-
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Thot there is nothing personal here,but many of us are indulged in many serious ways for preserving ourselves as Armenians,it doesnt effect me in my business or my life on daily bases,but at home we speak armenian and try to keep our spirits as Armenians high,in addition to public service in armenian quarters. As a typical person to our subject(with my deep respect to you as a prson and Armenian) I would realy like to know how much you rate your chances of rasing your childeren and preserving them and yourself as Armenians,I would realy like to know your oppinion on this one.do you think your chances would have been more,less or the same if your parents were both Armenians or it doesnt matter. or do you think that we are losing some part of our heritage with every odar Hye mariage ,or on the contrary we are gaining something. It might not mean anything to you but every time i see an armenian doesnt speak his or her language ,small part of me is destroyed..but I hope like hell that nothing else is destroyed,I mean something like our national heritage. Good luck to you in your quest and i hope you will learn to speak armenian one day(I learned to play piano after 30,many thought that was impossible including my wife who plays Cello and my son who is top piano student!!),its a beautiful language and its your language...that,if you believe so... jack -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Well stormig I will take this to my friend but I imagine he will say something like: "Rice tastes Rice ,no matter you ate it under the table or over it!!!. -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Mentioning of rice,looks it is getting populer day after day!. a married close friend of mine was complaining to me couple of days ago that he is feeling as though he is eating Rice all his life, every day and night that he was sick of it and cannot bear its taste anymore, I told him it was easy, just simply stop eating it,he replied that was not possible,after i insisted he confessed that the Rice grain itself had nothing to do with it and the problem was with his wife!!. to my syrprise he went on saying that :Having sex with his wife day after day and night after night made him feel as though he was eating Rice all his life!!!(poor Rice,cant blame the Chinese on this!!!). So Anileve if you are not married yet,take it from an experts advice(my married Rice-sick friend here)that whoever you got married and to whatever race they belonged ,even if she/he was miss or mr.universe,after a while their taste will end up like a Rice to you!!!. -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Did I miss something here?did Pirate mention anything about "half human",what I see here as an Armenian is that he is suggesting ways for contributing to the humanity by preserving ourselves as Armenians first ,while you are suggesting ways for contributing to the Armenianity by preserving ourselves as humans!! now if you think that distinguishing this two from each other is so simple as you suggest in a few words ,you are dead wrong,you have got to put much more effort to convince many of us,at least me!!...if you ever care to... And please keep in mind that:What is the point to lose yourself and win the world,that if you ever value yourself!!.. -
Regarding: "we're Semites Now?" And Side-notes.
mx5 replied to TheArmenianPirate's topic in Diaspora
Seaphan, I recomand you to rename this site something like:ODARAHAYFORUM/ or you should rethink of a an early retirment as a moderator,i dont think you are doing right in what you should do,and that is preservation of armenian Diaspora or whatt else is the purpose of this website,if you yourself doesnt believe in what are you selling,which is becoming qutie rotten!!,you better sell something else,a product you believe in I suggest to you the name:How not to be Armenian. But please stop preaching to yourself and to the others that we are inavitably doomed,and dont try to impose your pasimistic vissions on others,we are here to stay as Armenia is here to stay too and FOREVER you take my word FOR it!!!. -
knightofArmenia, i second you with everything you said. As it is also said: God protect me from my Friends,for I know my Enemies and how to deal with them!!!
-
I am also a tennis player i was just watching david playing Kuerten and i was realy nervous all during the match,on ESPN the comantaters mentioned that he is Armenian,I think he is a great player but needs to work on his first service.
-
http://www.rense.com/general53/zions.htm
-
Christisnity was more a culture civilization and a way of living, in history we tried to preserve it,without it we would have become a musliman country and most probably joind and became either part of Persia in the 5th century(remember Avarayri baderazm by Vartan Mamigonian)or part of the Big Brother Turkey until the last century.and we would have siezed existing. But if you think we should change our religion I dont think its too late,some are already preaching changing ethnicity...nothing offensive here!!
-
Anaheet, It is not Vigil it is not me nor enyone else who defines you as an Armeniaan or not,it is you and you alone who does that,if deep down inside you feel that you are Armenian and you are proud of it, than most probably you are more Armenian than some who pretend to be "pure".I would encourage you to marry an Armenian provided you give priority to the Armenian heritage over your other half,(with due respect to it) yet I agree with Vigil most of the time....!!and realy like to read his posts to the end...
-
hmm,so they know it,they know exactly what they did,but they want a justification for their crime,in this case treason. but I would say,while on the brink of the destruction of the ottoman empire they did as much cleansing as possible of the Armenians and took their lands. the least the turkish goverment can do is to recognize the attrocities and retun back all the stolen lands that belong to us. great work Nairi,gurgen,and Arpa, yes im sure the time is comming, justice will be done...
-
Loxxesqueen I dont know why anyone is offended as an Armenian when dubbed as a nationalist,our beeing nationalist is purely deffensive it is centered mostly at preserving ourselves as Armenians in diaspora or helping Armenia in whatever way we can. during our entire history both ancient or recent we have never been an agrassor ,we did much more harm to ourselves than we did to any "odar". In Lebanon where I live 95% the reason of assimilation is the Odar marriage. most of the time the Armenian side is prohibited by the Arab partner to speak armenian on the excuse that he/she ,the Arab Husband or wife doesnt understand the language.(Do you think that I am an a$$hole here speak Arabic so that I can understand)the Armenian side is always intimidated and gives in as ussuall.And you tell me about Nationalism or chauvenism?!! as for me I fell in love when i was 15 and still cant help myself when I encounter a gourgous female,but I always keep on reminding myself that Im married!!.females may not understand this but most of the males will remain that way untill they die it must be genetic..my male hormons are not dead yet,as you imply, and believe me,in that respect, I dont feel much different from a 15 years old kid!!
-
nobody is claiming that we are supirior to any race or people, but from what i see around me here,number one reason for assymilation is marrying "odar". beeing pround of your armenianity to keep your children Armenian while you are married to a Guatimalian is not enough,one has to make tremendous effort to preserve their chldren's identity ,I will admit that beeing both parents armenians doesnt neccesarily make the task automaticaly easy . one can never be passive in this matters specially in diaspora. When I was a 15 years old kid I used to fall in love with every beautifull girl I saw!!.I appreciate beauty like most of you here. I remember my father telling me:"son dont confuse between love and marriage,they are completely differnt things"!!.I never realy understood what he meant. But deep in myself I knew that i was destined to marry an Armenian women,couldnt imagine myself otherwise,couldnt see myself speaking other than my own language in myown house,couldnt imagine myself other than debating with my wife and children about our peoples problems and whereabouts,we praise and criticise Armenians as if we do to ourselves,without beeing imbarassed from each other ,I wanted that we both have the same national dreams and feelings. Exactly 16 years ago I met my wife with a group of teachers we got aquainted and married within one month.we didnt even have the chance to know each others preferances. And now after 16 years I am deeply in love with her as she is with me. bottomline ladies and Gents,dont fool youselves ,you will never feel free if you are not married to your own kind, even if your aim is not even preserving your identity. the choice you make can easily destruct a civilization or preserve it so dont rush take you time before making that crucial decision which will have a great impact both on you your children and you culture.
-
nobody is claiming that we are supirior to any race or people, but from what i see around me here,number one reason for assymilation is marrying "odar". beeing pround of your armenianity to keep your children Armenian while you are married to a Guatimalian is not enough,one has to make tremendous effort to preserve their chldren's identity ,I will admit that beeing both parents armenians doesnt neccesarily make the task automaticaly easy . one can never be passive in this matters specially in diaspora. When I was a 15 years old kid I used to fall in love with every beautifull girl I saw!!.I appreciate beauty like most of you here. I remember my father telling me:"son dont confuse between love and marriage,they are completely differnt things"!!.I never realy understood what he meant. But deep in myself I knew that i was destined to marry an Armenian women,couldnt imagine myself otherwise,couldnt see myself speaking other than my own language in myown house,couldnt imagine myself other than debating with my wife and children about our peoples problems and whereabouts,we praise and criticise Armenians as if we do to ourselves,without beeing imbarassed from each other ,I wanted that we both have the same national dreams and feelings. Exactly 16 years ago I met my wife with a group of teachers we got aquainted and married within one month.we didnt even have the chance to know each others preferances. And now after 16 years I am deeply in love with her as she is with me. bottomline ladies and Gents,dont fool youselves ,you will never feel free if you are not married to your own kind, even if your aim is not even preserving your identity. the choice you make can easily destruct a civilization or preserve it so dont rush take you time before making that crucial decision which will have a great impact both on you your children and you culture.
-
thanks vava, Seaphan you cant help yourself from beeing philosophic ,can you?
-
I will give you Lebanon as an example: we in Lebanon had an average economy but not superb ,mostly dependent on small and medium industry,after a new "economicaly very libral"billioner Prime minister took over the country the protactionizm was lifted the borders have oppened without taking into consideration the interests of his own people. so the entire market was flooded with Chinese,Turkish and Syrian products,you tell me what happened,the whole national product came into stagnation,hundreds of businesses are closing their doors thousand workers are being layed out other thousands are keeping line at the western embassy doors for inevitable immigration. if Armenia wants to make a good product doesnt need to take the technology from the turks he can go directly to the source to japan,China,Taiwan,Coria,malisia,and more, all these would be happy to invest there,and cocequently could even export them to surrounding countries even to turkey itself in the future. Which is exactely the point of Turkey, to hit when you are at your weakest,he knows very well that sooner or later it is inevitable that Armenia to become an Industrial and technological center ,at least due to its smart and inteligent and technology-wise people on one hand and vast Diaspora on the other which could easily become product exporter to Turkey itself rather than importer ,so he is striving to work on both fronts:open the border with armenia as soon as possible control the economy there before its too late AND play the theme of contradiction between Armenia And Diaspora to nullifye Latters vast possibilities which could play crucial role later on in Armenias development. to achieve this goal he is even turning his back to his long time ally Azerbaijan and jeoparising the relation with it!!!
-
I myself am taking notes from your posts the places we should visit ,our visit should be in mid july ,if any of you are back before that date please inform me your impressions and give me some advice you think its usefull. thanks in advance..
-
exactly what is said above there.I will give you Lebanon as an example: we in Lebanon had an average economy but not superb ,mostly dependent on small and medium industry,after a new "economicaly very libral"billioner Prime minister took over the country the protactionizm was lifted the borders have oppened without taking into consideration the interests of his own people. so the entire market was flooded with Chinese,Turkish and Syrian products,you tell me what happened,the whole national product came into stagnation,hundreds of businesses are closing their doors thousand workers are being layed out other thousands are keeping line at the western embassy doors for inevitable immigration. if Armenia wants to make a good product doesnt need to take the technology from the turks he can go directly to the source to japan,China,Taiwan,Coria,malisia,and more, all these would be happy to invest there,and cocequently could even export them to surrounding countries even to turkey itself in the future. Which is exactely the point of Turkey, to hit when you are at your weakest,he knows very well that sooner or later it is inevitable that Armenia to become an Industrial and technological center ,at least due to its smart and inteligent and technology-wise people on one hand and vast Diaspora on the other which could easily become product exporter to Turkey itself rather than importer ,so he is striving to work on both fronts:open the border with armenia as soon as possible control the economy there before its too late AND play the theme of contradiction between Armenia And Diaspora to nullifye Latters vast possibilities which could play crucial role later on in Armenias development. to achieve this goal he is even turning his back to his long time ally Azerbaijan and jeoparising the relation with it!!!
-
how about 3 hundred thousan skeletons found in a single cavy area in syrian desert Deir Zor,that is written in the syrian goverment archieves, I think they are betting on the new generation Armenians short memory and passiveness!!!
