Azat Posted October 4, 2004 Report Share Posted October 4, 2004 Anyone know of this film? http://www.offoffoff.com/film/2004/vodkalemon.php Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted October 4, 2004 Report Share Posted October 4, 2004 Uh... YEAH!!!! See here: http://hyeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9437 I mentioned it earlier on another thread about Kurds and Armenians (don't remember). I still haven't seen it though, but I've heard it's really good! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anileve Posted October 4, 2004 Report Share Posted October 4, 2004 "Don't you miss the time when the Russians were here?" an old man asks his companion as they sit on chairs in the snow. "No!" insists his friend. "We had no freedom then." "No," agrees the man. "But we had everything else." It looks interesting, but after Azat's "The Journey" I am afraid to watch anything produced by Armenians. Perhaps if I read more reviews abou the film. There are two comments on that page, one of them is from Iraq and the other is a useless comment. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kakachik77 Posted October 6, 2004 Report Share Posted October 6, 2004 I saw this movie at the San Francisco International Film Fest back in April. Of course, it was heart-warming since hearing the Armenian language on an American big theater screen is quite unique for me. The film was made by an Iraqi Kurd, neither by an Armenian nor a Yesidi Kurd of Armenia, so it's made by an "outsider" if you know what I mean. The actors are mostly Armenian. The film is not about Armenians, or the Armenian culture, so if you're hearing about the Armenian culture the first time ever in your life and try to understand what/how/who/how long - none of these questions can be answered. I was somewhat mad after the movie - I felt the director somehow exploited the Armenian culture to make a movie about Kurds, there was no mentioning that Armenians are Christians and Kurds are not but they still get along fine to juxtopose with the Turkish treatment of Kurds. The only reality in the movie were the economic conditions in current Armenia, I was intrigued to see that an "outsider" could comprehend the every day reality in Armenia, the little nuances etc. Of course, the movie has an artistic value most of which it seemed like came from Emir Kusturica's influence on the director. I just wish these kinds of projects were undertaken by Armenians themselves, there is so much still undiscovered beauty in the Armenian culture/spirit and of course landscape. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tatavlali Posted March 4, 2005 Report Share Posted March 4, 2005 surprisingly, movie will be turkish cinemas next month. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arvestaked Posted March 4, 2005 Report Share Posted March 4, 2005 I was very disappointed by The Journey. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arvestaked Posted March 4, 2005 Report Share Posted March 4, 2005 Armenians need to make films that are not about Armenian culture. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hosank Posted February 20, 2007 Report Share Posted February 20, 2007 i loved the movie.. and it was also alittle interesting to learn about yezidi kurds in armenia..since we do not learn too much about them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.