Jump to content

Armenian Mobile Tones


Boghos

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

Hi Mj,

 

Is your mobile WAP enabled? That is, can you browse the 'internet' through your mobile phone?

If so, then you can simply navigate to wap.hayastan.com on your mobile and download the ring tones directly on to your phone.

 

If not, than you should have a method of transfering data between you PC & your mobile - a cable, or IR port would do. These are usually used to sync contact information from your Outlook (or other contact manger) to your phone. Look on the users manual of your phone to see what you may require. After you check, you can post the information here, and we'll try to help you get the tunes onto your phone....

 

good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MJ, I had to call my operator and ask them to send me my WAP configurations. They did, and I saved them. After that (mine is a Nokia 3100), I went to "Services," then to "Download links >> Tone downloads," clicked Options, said "New download link >> Enter address," then entered http://wap.hayastan.com." The rest came along easily.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still cannot figure out how to install it in my mobile phone?  Could someone give further instructions, please?

I know many new phones can be updated using software from Future Dial. I have used their SnapSync to syncronize the phonebook in my Samsung A530 with outlook. I have also used SnapDialer to use the phone as a modem.

 

Their SnapMedia software can be used to download ringtones and images into phones. I have not used it yet so I don't know how well it works. Also, it will depend on your phone whether it is supported or not.

 

Note that in addition to the software, you'll need a cable. Most computer stores and radio shack carry this software and most popular cables.

 

---

Edit: Their website seems to be down at the moment for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks again for the help. I got it done per your collective instructions.

 

Now, when it rings, I hear a fragment form the song “Yerevan.” I found most of the other tunes be really tasteless or simply non-suitable for a phone ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, my phone came with no standard ring tone, it is quite inconvenient. I keep changing the various melodies and none seems right to me. I just need the standard ring-ring and surprisingly all the websites provide only fancy melody ringtones. Does anyone know where to download a ring-ring tone? :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also found Yerevan quite the most suitable for a ringtone, but I wouldn't call the others distasteful or non-suitable - I thought the Lezginka ones quite amusing. :partytime:

Thing is, a whole bunch of them have downloaded but don't play. :( And I don't know how to erase them. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone check out the duduk? Cried tears out of me, almost, screech, squeak, eek, though it hasn't downloaded properly into my phone. Some aren't that bad as ringtones once you download them. Couldn't have been better on a phone, too, IMO. I know some people who are going to get up and dance when they hear the Lezginka ones. :P Really, I've been having fun. Yes cheers thanks a lot. :P Edited by Stormig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...