Jump to content

Sharm ?=? Charm


MosJan

Recommended Posts

mosjan, if we're speaking about english, there's no such word as 'sharm'.

 

Charm is a word, and here is the definition:

 

1. The power or quality of pleasing or delighting; attractiveness: a breezy tropical setting of great charm.

 

2. A particular quality that attracts; a delightful characteristic: A mischievous grin was among the child's many charms.

 

3. A small ornament, such as one worn on a bracelet.

 

4. An item worn for its supposed magical benefit, as in warding off evil; an amulet.

 

5. An action or formula thought to have magical power.

 

6. The chanting of a magic word or verse; incantation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ֆադի՝քսսս. հերիք զռռաս այ տղա, ձայնալարերդ կկտրվեն... հա...հա...հա...հա.... :lol: :lol:

Dude, what kind of Armenian they though you in Armenia? What kind of broken language is that, amot amot Sasun... I will suppose I have not understood what you wrote, so no need to follow what you said. :D

 

OK! OK! I'm in good mood those days, do you really want to blow my bubble? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude, what kind of Armenian they though you in Armenia? What kind of broken language is that, amot amot Sasun... I will suppose I have not understood what you wrote, so no need to follow what you said.  :D

 

OK! OK! I'm in good mood those days, do you really want to blow my bubble?  :)

Oh c'mon Domino, what is wrong with blowing your bubble ? :lol: it is fun and rewarding :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a Russian acronym "show armianskikh muzhchin".

Finally I know what that damn word stands for! :)

 

As for sharm in an Armenian context, could it mean finely ground (as in from grind)? Or placed in this context, a fine, refined, dainty, delicate (?) etc. man? I'm thinking of "sharmagh"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it was like thsi

 

Sharmov Mard er / Qaylvatsq@ / Sharj & dzev@ / Boy Busathov

 

he was a man with Sharm

 

From the context above it most likely that the word is being used with the French pronunciation of "charm".

 

 

 

Finally I know what that damn word stands for!

 

As for sharm in an Armenian context, could it mean finely ground (as in from grind)? Or placed in this context, a fine, refined, dainty, delicate (?) etc. man? I'm thinking of "sharmagh"...

 

Is there not a song that goes "Sharmagh aghckik, tukh mazov aghchik..."?

Even though the primary meaning of sharmagh is "fine sieve" based on "magh", it is also used to mean beautiful. However judging from the fact that my Pers-Eng dictionary defines "sharm" as (shame) and, to suit this case it is also defined as "modest". Sharmagh in Armenian may have been based on the latter to mean modest/amotkhats, demure, hence beautiful. Btw sharmagh is also used as a personal name, I'm not sure if masculine or feminine.

 

Edit:

From the dictionary of Armenian names, feminine.

 

"SHARMAGH

From Armenian sharmagh "sieve" or "beautiful" which symbolizes whiteness of

skin often met in songs. It is in use now."

Edited by Arpa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...