Jump to content

Hangout Spots in Glendale?


SirumemKez20

Recommended Posts

Okay guys I just moved to Glendale from Vegas about a 2 months ago and I don't know where armenians hang out at like which places.Everyone talks about cafe habibi, and the spot has anyone been to these places? are they fun? does anyone know of any good places? :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cafe Habibi in Westwood by UCLA?

 

It's a pretty "fake" place to hang out ... lot of bling bling types and the rabizes I'd say. People like to sit there and smoke that bong thing (ghalyun in farsi). I never really liked the place although recently it's turning into "the" place to be. I don't know ... it's a fad. If you want to know where the Armo's hang out at UCLA, that's around the Kerchoff coffee house ... on the patio. Last few years, they are always there.

 

If you want good places in Westwood, I could tell you a few but not any "Armo" places that are good. The Habibi and the Gypsi cafe's (accross the street from Habibi) are ok but not really my style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

try old town pasadena- theres alot to do there-from stores like pottery barn and the mall to restaurants and art galleries....and antique stores..well i dont really like hanging out w/armos as seaphan said-was going to go to habibis after the prom but didnt go to prom at all and once passed by it with my cousins and decided to never even drive by there--trust me--too many weirdos there! Another cool place is the the grove they have alot of cool shops and stuff there....glendale around the marketplace but recently it has become Armoville and you see all these "lakotner" around at night....hmmm go to the promenade at santa monica beach---past the pier...there are alot of hang out spots and dont forget the beach and of course venice beach...during the fall if you go there in the afternoon--with a couple of friends...they have volleyball nets and its really fun because you can play and have fun then sit and watch the sun set.....its really fun when you go with people that like sports...you can take your rolerblades or bycicles there --also fun....sorry if my definition of "hanging out" is a lil different....i get bored from sitting at a coffee shop or just a cafe....anyway have fun girlie!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sip, hmmm... do u go to ucla?

 

 

and SirumemKez20, dont bother visiting kerchoff... nothing exciting there. :rolleyes:

thanks much, i go to ucla but i am soo busy with my studies that I don't go to the parties and all, I guess I'm just getting acquinted (that was spelled wrong, sorry guys) with the people and the campus. :lol: thank you all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sip, hmmm... do u go to ucla?

I used to ... last nine years. Now I'm done B)

 

I spent so many nights at kerchoff like at 3AM when there was no body there! I really love that place especially when it's nice and quiet with out the crazyness. Get a nice cup of coffee from the vending machines and just kick back there and recoup before going back to work ...

 

But I just moved to Wisconsin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vay, ches gitum? Glenoaksits gnatsir?

 

 

hahaha.....lots of rabiz out there for you. Or the Glendale Galleria.... ;)

 

I've gotten the dirtiest looks in both of the places, but it's all good though.

lol ya I just passed by glenoaks to see how it was lol, but so far I like Glendale it's real nice ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glendale is real nice, great community and area. My ppls all live in Burbank and Pasadena so that's where I kick it most. Why did you move out here from Vegas?

My friend lives right off the strip behind Flamingo, we go out there all the time and party.

Well I moved here b/c I got accepted to ucla and a lot of my family/cousins live in Glendale, Burbank and N. Holly so we decided to move. I live where Las Vegas valley was the residential area, it's great, I miss it and all but I'm glad that I am with my family and made some new friends. Glendale is beautiful, I'm guessing from you sn your African-American right? :unsure: :unsure: I don't know if it's right or wrong don't get offended lol thank you ~Armine ;) :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iharge...im anun....SEV MARD'na .... :lol:

 

Ppl always get confused but when I registered I was like "whats the most obvious/cool name I could pick to let ppl know who I am....sevmard!" but sometimes other forummers didn't get it right away..haha....

ko hyerent shat lav na good luck with it! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to ... last nine years. Now I'm done 

 

that's a lot of years... :blink:

 

But I just moved to Wisconsin.

 

& that's a BIG change... have u met any Armenians there?

 

thanks much, i go to ucla but i am soo busy with my studies that I don't go to the parties and all, I guess I'm just getting acquinted (that was spelled wrong, sorry guys) with the people and the campus.  thank you all

 

i'm a senior at ucla, if u need any help or have any questions, let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No but not that I've really tried :D I doubt there are too many here in Madison but supposebly in Milwaukee (about 70 miles east) there are a few and a church.

Poor Sip has finally found a place where there are no Armenians :lol: :lol: unless some of us move to Madison ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...