Jump to content

Laptop Batteries


Anileve

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of getting this one. My laptop's battery life is the standard 2 1/2 hours. I am looking for something which would extend the usage time. Any ideas? I was thinking of this one, techi gurus, any thoughts?

 

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2614

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me get this straight - you want to lug around an *external* power source in addition to your laptop/battery/powerpack etc.? Pretty soon that "portable" begins to get very heavy, non? I know it's a little over 1.5 lbs, but add that to your laptop, the bag, the power adapter etc....

 

Another thing I noticed, which seems strange to me, is that this unit acts as an AC source, so if you don't change your power management settings yourself, your PC will treat it like AC power (so the hard drive won't spin down frequently and the screen wil remain in a "full power consumption" mode). If you forget, or if you're plain lazy, you'll use up the extra battery life much quicker - plus it seems that your PC will also be charging it's batteries off this source... so this unit,s battery life will be considerably lower than indicated in the article I would think.

 

If 3 hours not quite enough, why not carry a second battery? Depending on the $$ that might also be an option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if the cost of getting a secondary battery is much more than the cost of this and u don't mind having another piece of hardware and extra wires in front of u, then get the APC!

 

personally i would recommend u to get a secondary battery, because the fewer devices u have next to u when working, the better u do ur job! :D :D

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very valid points guys. I think I'll just end up buying a second Acer battery pack. I wish they would come up with batteries that last longer than 3 hours. It's funny they mention 5 hours, but with those configs it's impossible to see anything on the screen let alone do any kind of work.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...