Jump to content

Figure Skating (ararat)


DominO123

Recommended Posts

  • 9 months later...

I'm guessing this is what you guys were talking about?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4BTjsnSl6w

 

Canadian Press

 

1/20/2007 9:51:08 PM

 

HALIFAX (CP) - Jeff Buttle appears ready to challenge for another world medal.

 

In his first competition of the figure skating season after recovering from a spinal stress fracture, Buttle broke his own Canadian record in winning a third straight national title Saturday night.

 

Chris Mabee finished second, Emanuel Sandhu was third and Shawn Sawyer was fourth.

 

In the pairs event, the three-year reign of Valerie Marcoux and Craig Buntin came to a crashing end when Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison emerged victorious. Anabelle Langlois and Cody Hay finished third.

 

Buttle won 2005 world silver and 2006 Olympic bronze before things started to go bad. He slipped to sixth at the 2006 world meet and the injury, which kept him off ice for three months, erased him from the autumn Grand Prix schedule. He came through with flying colours Saturday.

 

 

 

"The back feels good," he said. "I'm definitely happy with the way it went.

 

"It wasn't perfect, and I think conditioning played a role in that. I was happy with how strong I stayed even though I was a little bit tired."

 

Buttle amassed 232.83 points. His victory margin was a whopping 23.52 points and his showing suggests the podium in Tokyo in March might be within reach.

 

Buttle, 24, who lives in Toronto, and Mabee, 21, who is from Tillsonburg, Ont., are friends who share ice in training at the Mariposa School of Skating in Barrie, Ont.

 

Buttle landed seven triples, under-rotated another and still has no quad, but the quality of his footwork and spins remains superior to anything else seen in Canada.

 

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/news_stor...=figure_skating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...