Anileve Posted December 16, 2005 Report Share Posted December 16, 2005 I am curios, have any of you made some major complaints, what were they and what were the results? In which case do you make a complaint, how do you make it, when is it worth it? The Registrar's office of the nation's "best public business school" (which apparently generates illiterate fools) had a very interesting phone system. The general number would never pick up, eventually voice mail would pick up, stating the mailbox number that was followed with "You can not leave a message, goodbye." Emails were never answered, individual staff members never picked up their phones and never replied to emails. Basically no way of reaching the damn cave unless you show up in person, only to be greeted by the miserable and angry faces of the women I have mentioned in my other post. I was fed up, I vented and sent an email. It was fixed, but only slightly. I know that most students have always expressed their dissatisfaction with the department, why wasn't anything ever done? Sometimes I am not sure how to go about making the most effective impact. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emil Posted December 16, 2005 Report Share Posted December 16, 2005 My computer died last week. I had purchased it from Fry's Electronics with a 3 year warranty. I took it in on the 7th, they called 2 days later saying it would be ready in 2 days. I called 3 days later, lo and behold the computer has to be sent out for repair, 6-8 weeks. I went in on the 11th to get a loaner computer and to pay $60 for a backup of my harddrive. I know there is a chance they won't ruin my harddrive, but I'm not going to risk losing all my documents and mp3's. So, the "supervisor" on Sunday says he will tell the "manager" on Monday to go ahead with the backup. They call me on the 13th asking if I want a backup. So tonight I went in and showed the guy what I wanted a copy of. It was more than one disc which is a $20 extra charge but he didn't charge me for it. Tomorrow I have to go back yet again to get the discs, ugh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anoushik Posted December 16, 2005 Report Share Posted December 16, 2005 I made a complaint to my university's transportation services at the beginning of the semester. I park in a parking structure that's a bit far from the university (about ten minute walk) but due to the fact that it's in downtown Los Angeles one would never dare walking alone in that area once it gets dark. Early in the morning it's also a bit dangerous since there are homeless people walking around. Well, there is a tram that comes every fifteen minutes to pick students up. Last year I started my classes 10am every day, and it seemed that the tram came every ten minutes and there were always few students waiting for the tram. This year I was in shock. The tram was always late. Sometimes I had to wait as long as twenty-five minutes, and the longer we wait the more students there are. And eventually, when the shuttle came, not all the students would fit. After being fooled into waiting twice and being late for my class, (and one time I had to wait for another because there was no more room) I wrote an angry email to the transportations services. I didn't receive a reply personally, but a couple of days later I received a mass email that asked for the people who park in the structure to complete a survery about how they like their services. I was stunned. I never received a response... BUT! Things really improved! For the rest of the semester the shuttle came every eight to ten minutes (even though it's supposed to be fifteen minutes!). End of story Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.