armjan Posted October 4, 2005 Report Share Posted October 4, 2005 (edited) SAVE THE DATE--SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2005 2:00-5:30 P.M. UCLA--COURT OF SCIENCES 50 (YOUNG HALL) "THREE TURKISH VOICES ON THE OTTOMAN ARMENIANS" FEATURING PROFESSORS: TANER AKCAM, UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA (a new assessment of Ottoman documents) ELIF SHAFAK, UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA (memory and literature) F. MUGE GOCEK, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN (the recent Istanbul conference on Ottoman Armenians) SPONSORED BY ARMENIAN EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION CHAIR IN MODERN ARMENIAN HISTORY, UCLA CONTACT: Richard Hovannisian = Hovannis AT history.ucla.edu Open to the Public at No Charge. Parking Structure #2, Westholme Entrance at Hilgard Avenue, Daily Parking Fee, $8.00 Edited October 4, 2005 by armjan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Z'areh Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 (edited) This should be a very interesting gathering. I like reading Elif Shafak's articles. Aztag newspaper has held interviews with all three participants, you can read them in: http://www.aztagdaily.com/interviews/Interviews.htm Elif Shafak's articles can be read in Turkish Daily News http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr Op/Ed section is on the lower right-hand side of the TDN page. I think you will find this 34 years old journalist/novelist's views quite interesting. Edited October 8, 2005 by Z'areh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shaunt Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 I might go. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 (edited) SAVE THE DATE--SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2005 "THREE TURKISH VOICES ON THE OTTOMAN ARMENIANS" FEATURING PROFESSORS: TANER AKCAM, UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA (a new assessment of Ottoman documents) ELIF SHAFAK, UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA (memory and literature) F. MUGE GOCEK, style_images/master/snapback.png Armjan: I am in New Jersey, so of course I can't come to UCLA as much as I want to. After Nove. 6th will you let this Forum and me know what these guys have to say, please? You don't have to go in great detail, but will you take some notes and let us know the main thoughts? I'll appreciate it dear. All the best, Anahid Edited October 8, 2005 by Anahid Takouhi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
armjan Posted October 8, 2005 Author Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 Armat jan: I am in New Jersey, so of course I can't come to UCLA as much as I want to. After Nove. 6th will you let this Forum and me know what these guys have to say, please? You don't have to go in great detail, but will you take some notes and let us know the main thoughts? I'll appreciate it dear. All the best, Anahid style_images/master/snapback.png sure, I should be able to drive to Los Angeles that weekend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 sure, I should be able to drive to Los Angeles that weekend. style_images/master/snapback.png Thank you very much dear. Kisher pari! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.