dianjan
Members-
Posts
226 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by dianjan
-
How [NOT] To: Armenian Genocide Protest One day out of the entire year motivates Armenians to get off their butts and do something for their people: April 24th. On the 24th of every April, Armenians the world over - but especially in the Los Angeles area - take to the streets to protest the Turkish embassy for recognition of the Genocide. The younger generation especially goes out to protest. If you're planning on doing the same, I have some tips for you: 1. April 24th is not a happy day. In fact, it marks the tortures and deaths of over 1,500,000 of our ancestors. Understand this thoroughly. 2. Don't wear your latest hot pink top or fluffy mini skirt to the protest. This isn't your bachelorette party, it's a solemn occasion. Ask yourself, "Can I wear this to a funeral?" If the answer is no, then pick something else. You will have 364 other days in that year to wear what you want. 3. April 24th is not an invitation to flirt or act like an idiot: you are there to remember those who have passed and protest to get our Genocide recognized. Laughing, playfully hitting some Armenian guy/girl, yapping on your cell phone, and in general acting like a moron is not fine. Leave your normal tendencies behind on that day, because it's not about you. 4. Turn down your music. We notice your 20" rims and limousine tint, even if we can't make out what car you're driving because of the 293 flags that you have on it. We get it: you care about the cause. Blasting Tupac so loud that people in China can hear you? Uh, no. Also, don't endanger the lives of everyone on the road: we protest to honor those who have passed and to make sure they are not forgotten, not to create a path of carnage with our cars. 5. Related to number 4, leave your fancy crap at home. Why do people attend with their LV purses, $500 cell phones, fancy jewelry, expensive clothing, and other obviously extra items? I'm not saying go to it naked, but leave your crap at home: this isn't show and tell. If I sound a little bitter, it's because I am. Every year I see this and every year it seems to get worse. I understand: you're too young and not very bright. Kudos to you for deciding to dedicate one day out of your life to a cause greater than your own, but don't use it as an excuse to make a mockery out of everything we're fighting for. When the day comes that the Armenian Genocide is universally recognized - and that day will come - you can crash random funerals in your Infiniti G35 blasting 50 Cent - acting like and wearing whatever you please. Until then, please reconsider. via armoblog
-
Also, I bought mine in Barnes and Noble
-
I hope it'll pass, but I'm not counting on it. USA's ties with Turkey, will not let it pass the resolution unfortunately.
-
Hehe... Adriano is my last name, so I have a nick name of Adriano Celentano... LOL
-
beautiful pictures
-
It says that you can now watch Russian TV online for $9.99/month. You get 12 channels in total, including 4 Ukrainian.
-
One More Armenian Church Will Survive
dianjan replied to MosJan's topic in † Armenian Apostolic Church
This is such a great news. This was the church that my family always went to when we lived in Tbilisi, and I was baptized there. -
I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I know what it's about. I actually don't think it's BS. I've heard it for a very long time from my grandmother and family members. Pretty much it means that how you look at life is how your life can be. I was always told not to complain because it can be much worse, that's pretty much what it means.
-
Unfortunately, if you go and try to return the car now, you will have to pay A LOT of money to give it back. I think that you have few options. First of all, try to call Nissan, and see if you can transfer ownership to his name. Then if he forget the payment, you will not be affected. Second of all, there are websites where you can try to get out of your lease, by transfering it someone else. Try these website: http://www.leasetrader.com/ http://www.swapalease.com/g1.asp?gclid=CMX...CFRtAgQodhT-okQ Good luck!
-
First of all, I know it's a cliche, but time heals all wounds.. So, give it some time and it'll get easier. But you should try spending a lot of time with friends and family and keeping yourself busy. Try to do things that will get your mind off of him.
-
I'm taking a guess and saying it's either Lebanon or Syria... Am I close??
-
Yes, unfortunately most Armenian children heard the same words from our mothers...I heard the same thing also. Why can't you guys live with us after you get married, and etc... All I hope is that our generation, will be a little bit different towards our children. We need to learn to let go. And I don't think that it means that we would love our children any less or care for them any less, but we need to stop making them feel guilty for living their lives. Cause lets face it, most of us (I know I do, and my friend does, and my cousins) feel guilty and feel like they did something wrong when they left parent's homes for the first time.
-
How horrible...
-
Anahid jan, I still don't understand why women in your opinion are weaker? Yes, physically I agree. And that's the one danger that most women have is being raped, assaulted. However, I don't think women are emotionally or mentally in any way weaker then men. And what you are describing, can literally happen next door to her parents, or in schools. Unfortunately for parents (IMO especially Armenian parents) they can't watch over their kids 100% of the time. So, if they instill all the values, morals in their children, they should be fine.
-
I think that's exactly what it is... In her mother's words " I sacrificed everything for you, and you were my life, and now you're leaving me." Also, the problem arises that my friend's mom never left her parent's house EVEN after the got married, and that decision was by choice. So, she just cannot understand WHY my friend wants to live away from her for a little bit. As a side note, my friend's first priority now is to find her a boyfriend/husband.
-
I have to completely agree with Sip on this one. Yes, I might be weaker physically, but trust me no one can lure me into doing anything that I do not want to. Unfortunately, the weakness comes from people telling young girls everyday that they are weaker sex, and that males are more dominant and other bs.
-
I have to disagree with one thing. I don't think that women are weaker sex and if parents have brought them up right, they will not be lured into the wrong circles and do something that they shouldn't even if they are 1000 miles away from parents. The problem in Armenian society was that the norm was to stay home if you were a female. You get married and then you can leave. Not a minute before that. Here it's all different, and I wanted to move out on my own before marriage, and was strictly forbidden. I lived for 23 years at home, then got married and now am living with my husband. I know that there were opportunities that I've missed out on because of this upbringing, and I really hope that when it's my turn to let go, I will be able to.
-
Well, I agree with you that when parents get older, it's really hard for them to live alone. But in her case, her mom is 48, and very vibrant and young and works full time. She knows when she'll have kids, her mom will live with her, but for now, she wanted to live separately. It might be selfish you're right... But I don't think it's that horrible of a choice.
-
That's exactly what I told her... Her mom needs to be by herself also, even though she doesn't think so right now. And my friend is a great daughter in every sense, and I feel so bad to see her cry every evening because she moved out, and because her "Armenian" relatives always ask her why exactly her mom couldn't live with them. Oh, and I forgot to add one thing. They keep mentioning the duty of Armenian child is to take care of the family first, and how if they lived back in Armenia, she would've never moved out.
-
Decided to bring this to the forum. Considering that we're living in 21st century and Armenian, do you think that kids should live with parents after they're married? I'll give you some background.. My friend (Who's Armenian)just got married and moved out with her husband from her mom's house. The issue she's having is that she's feeling really guilty that she moved out and her mom's living alone now. And obviously her Armenian relatives aren't helping, by making her feel guilty that she left her mom alone. I tried to explain to her that it's OK, and even though it's hard, she has to start her life on her own. Her mom is healthy and young and is able to take care of her self. My opinion is that every couple should live alone for sometime at least to get to know each other and adjust to each other. What do you guys think??
-
I totally agree... The movie was funny, but at one point sick...But the Armenian rants made it even funnier for me.
-
There's a difference of wanting it and expecting it. There's nothing wrong with a woman cooking, cleaning, but there's something wrong when a man does not want to help out with anything.
-
You learn from the one you live with...
