Jump to content

BitterSweet

Members
  • Posts

    63
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BitterSweet

  1. armo I see your point of view. But you have to see that for students who have grown up halfway across the world from their mother country it's not easy to see that helping with the Armenian cause is a duty or an obligation... and when they do something, they're proud of themselves... and when they do tlak about their "accomplishments," they're feeling good about what they're doing... what's wrong with that? I do agree that there are "better" organizations to partake in, but a frat/soror is not bad. Some organizations give a little more, while others do less. But as I have said in my prior post, it is something, and something is better than nothing. try to see the gray in the midst of the black and white.
  2. The Armenian fraternities and sororities bring Armenians together, and that in itself a wonderful opportunity for students. I also attend UCLA and know much about the AOA and AEO through it's members, I am not part of the AOA due to the lack of time... I pretty much know a lot that goes on within the groups... theyre invovled many things including youth awareness, and aid in the Armenian cause as much as they can.... being full time students, and having part times jobs on the side doesn't make it easy. it isn't easy, yes they do have a lot of fun, they are college students, that's a given... at the same time they get invovled with their armenian community... which is something I cant say for a lot of the ARmenian youth in their age range. what I'm trying to say is, give them a little credit... they are trying to do a good thing, dont bash them and try to lower the importance of what they are trying to do. At least they're doing SOMETHING, doing it bcuz they WANT to... and although it might not seem like a BIG thing, it is something, and I give you guys props... good job. by the way, I was watching parts of the fundraiser on thanksgiving, looked like alot of fun! ...if I'm not mistaken, there was more than 6 million raised ... very nice.
  3. what would be a good excuse?
  4. Sasun, right, there could be dozens of explanations for it... everything cant be seen in one angle. Thoth, I agree that men can relate to men in some areas, as women can to other women... but it isn't as bipolar as people make it out to be. also, i dont agree that we differ immensely on our expectations. Respect, devotion, trust, etc... a few examples, are what any normal person would expect from the opposite sex
  5. bruin do you really think that only applies to males? come on, if you havnt been in a relationship, you havnt felt the tie, youre gonna be afraid of the negative info you hear. Hmm. As for an answer to your example, put yourself in these shoes regardless of gender, you've heard from all around you, hey my bf/gf cheated on me, bla bla, (and these ppl tell you about these aweful experiences) ....you're prone to think, hey what if that happens to me? ...especially since you havnt been in a relationship, you aren't confident about what does really happen between two people when they become so close. so you dont know, so you fear, and you're scared . and the older you are, the deeper you think, the harder it is.
  6. men are humannn, why do women and men separate themselves and act like they're two different species? men are capable of loving and giving, and they do, most just arent as emotionally expressive, as we women are. We just tend to take too many things too damn seriously. I mean come on, ive seen so many females,including myself, take one littttle thing and blow it up as if it's the end of the world... the funny thing is that at the spur of the moment you actually believe that it's such a big deal. from what ive seen a lot of men are scared, of a relationship, of being hurt again, of giving all and being taken advantage of, being taken for granted, being used, on & on.... so find a defence mechanism and try to cage their hearts I personally feel sorry for the boys, really I do. They DO get hurt, and it usually occurs way deep inside. Some carry the unhealing wound into other realtionships and to finish it off WOMEN are just as bad as men, same kaka different bowl, we hurt them as much as they hurt us.
  7. someone you grow with, that has known you for a long period of time can fill that void, the person doesnt have to be a single "soulmate." example being, my best friend, have known her for 9 yrs, i love her to death, and do/feel everything u mentioned above
  8. too nice is a turn off an asshole/bitch is a turn off a nice person w/ a touch of mischievousness is perfect
  9. I couldnt disagree with you more. I believe every type of love is conditional, except for the love of the mother to the child Now, if you were the husband of a mother than killed her kids, would you still say you love her? I doubt it. love is very conditional
  10. janna, lol that was adorable about the proposal seaphan it's not at all that clear cut ... it's not just kneel, ask, give ring, get married most of the time it's more planned out than that, the girl's been waiting for it for a while... wondering when he's gonna "pop" the question... the guys' been thinking about it for a while, planning out where/when/how he's going to "pop" the question... and when they're in the situation, theyre both nervous, both anticipant, and it's very meaningful, and one of hte most memorable moments in a persons life. its sweet
  11. lol it was a joke. and yes, that is possible, maybe not probable... i have a male friend who is extremely "religoius" who has chosen to stay a virgin until marriage ( yet he doesnt expect his wife to be) and yes, he is armenian.
  12. I want my husband to be a virgin.
  13. does your boyfriend have a boyfriend of his own too?
  14. I met my male best friend on the internet guys... something comes out of it, sometimes its not what you expect, but that could be positive. life is full of chances, take the chance, lini...lini... chlini, it's ok.
  15. Thoth, from your story... it didn't work at all... she was your "teacher" and you were her student... that's not I call a relationship lol so to make things more clear, why do you all think it could work? does age really matter? are females really tooo mature for younger guys?
  16. what do you guys think of the female being older than the male in the relationship?
  17. hmmm. this is nice... men cooking, cleaning, I guess you all surprised me, pleasantly of course. You men are the exception, a rare expection existing in the Armenian community. its hardly ever 50/50... it's hardly ever black and white... it's hardly ever equal. Men will do chores, chores like taking out the trash, carrying heavy objects, and a few other minimal things.... women will tend to take on the more "feminine" tasks. I'm talking about the MAJORITY... you guys seem to be a rare minority... where are u guys from??? lol where can we find more like you? 50/50 sounds wonderful... it would be so perfect if it existed between all couples... but hey, nothing's ever perfect.
  18. ok guys do you really think it's equal? when you get married... guys get ready to make dinner, do the laundry, clean the house, do the dishes, dust, clean the toilet, buy the groceries, sweep the floors, iron your wife's, childrens and your clothes, serve your guests, ALL taking turns... all equaL.......and make sure to make that weekly schedule for which day who will do what!
  19. sadly, it's hardly ever as fair as that picture... one side is usually telling the truth, while the other side isn't.
  20. seaphan... this is really interesting... so what kind of a want is it, if it isn't "emotional?" ....do you only want someone to get physical with... is it just "lust" to you ? hmmm... are you afraid of commitment?
  21. Sip that's interesting... so do you ever feel the need to "want somebody?" .. and what kinda need is that to you?
  22. hyebruin from what I hear, there's actually a lack of males in armenia right now... most of the men are either married, in the army, or out of the country in russia or parts of europe. ... but there are some decent armenian males.... I hear they're more open-minded, easy going than a lot of the armenian men in Los Angeles... and I heard this from a friend of mine who went to the University of Armenia for a semester... heyyy, u can try that, that'd be a good experience. lol
  23. well here's my analogy do you remember when you were young, when you'd be scared, or hurt.... when you'd run into your mothers arms and hug her reaaallly hard... you'd receive a sort of vibration that would soothe the pain and calm you down... I think that longing for a partner is just like the longing of a child for their mother... it's for a longing of a sort of connection... a inner connection between you and another where you feel if you spend a second with them, you'll feel comfort, relaxed, and your worries will go away. I think thats what we humans unconsciously long for, and when we find a partner.. someone who will be there when we need them most, to comfort us, and make us feel the warmth of being loved.... it is then we make the connection, and we're happy. ok, now i'll wakeeeee up to reality.
×
×
  • Create New...