Bakersfieldian Posted July 30, 2004 Report Share Posted July 30, 2004 Below are four (4) questions. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them, immediately. First Question: You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in? Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second! Try not to screw up in the next question. Second Question: If you overtake the last person, then you are...? Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST person? YOU are the last person. You're not very good at this are you? Third Question: Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total? Answer: Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. Don't believe it? Check with your calculator! Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right? Fourth Question: Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter? (a, e, i, o, u)? Answer: Nunu? NO! Of course, not. Her name is Mary. Read the question again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armen Posted July 30, 2004 Report Share Posted July 30, 2004 Damn, you made me feel like a complete idiot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted July 30, 2004 Report Share Posted July 30, 2004 The only one I didn't have the same answer was the one if you overtake the last person .... if you overtake the last person, you are still the first Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted July 30, 2004 Report Share Posted July 30, 2004 I got only the first and the math one right. Someone fetch me the noose. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nakharar Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Hmm, I got all three questions wrong. I can throw my diplomas out of the window. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted July 31, 2004 Report Share Posted July 31, 2004 Hehehe - not bad at all... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hytga Posted August 1, 2004 Report Share Posted August 1, 2004 dangit. i got all of them wrong Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anoushik Posted October 16, 2007 Report Share Posted October 16, 2007 Right Brain vs. Left Brain This one is fascinating. They claim that if you concentrate enough, you can change the direction of the dancer. But I can't! I only see it circling in clockwise direction. I asked another person and after seeing it first in clockwise direction, she started seeing it counter-clockwise. What do you guys see? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted October 16, 2007 Report Share Posted October 16, 2007 Right Brain vs. Left Brain This one is fascinating. They claim that if you concentrate enough, you can change the direction of the dancer. But I can't! I only see it circling in clockwise direction. I asked another person and after seeing it first in clockwise direction, she started seeing it counter-clockwise. What do you guys see? In order to see the other direction you need to look at it indirectly, focus at one of the corners of your screen while keeping the girl in your vision. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anoushik Posted October 16, 2007 Report Share Posted October 16, 2007 Yeah, if I look really away from the girl, but as soon as I bring my eyes closer to the dancer I see it moving clockwise again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 In order to see the other direction you need to look at it indirectly, focus at one of the corners of your screen while keeping the girl in your vision. No, I see both direction looking at it directly, in fact the first time I looked at it the first thing I saw was clock sense. If you concentrate on the foot which is not on the floor, when it goes on the back you can change the sense. So basically you can turn it the sense you want by looking at it directly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AK-47 Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 No, I see both direction looking at it directly, in fact the first time I looked at it the first thing I saw was clock sense. If you concentrate on the foot which is not on the floor, when it goes on the back you can change the sense. So basically you can turn it the sense you want by looking at it directly. Holy sh!t, it worked for me too. Very cool! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AVO Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 Why is she naked? I can't concentrate. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 (edited) No, I see both direction looking at it directly, in fact the first time I looked at it the first thing I saw was clock sense. If you concentrate on the foot which is not on the floor, when it goes on the back you can change the sense. So basically you can turn it the sense you want by looking at it directly. Which universe are you in? Just kidding yes it worked but you have to double vision yourself first. As you get closer to the monitor it will change direction. Edited October 17, 2007 by Yervant1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 Which universe are you in? Just kidding yes it worked but you have to double vision yourself first. As you get closer to the monitor it will change direction. Yervant, trust me, you don't need to move your head closer, I move my head look indirectly or directly or come closer to the monitor, once you are able to change its direction none work, it will basically turn the way you want it. Just train yourself with her foot you'll see. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eva Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 This might seem silly, but if you look at her, she changes the direction herself, i mean for couple of ,minutes she is rotating clockwise then she changes counterclockwise....i am serious, i am concentrating only on one point,,just try to look at one point for 5 min, you'll see what I am talking about.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 This might seem silly, but if you look at her, she changes the direction herself, i mean for couple of ,minutes she is rotating clockwise then she changes counterclockwise....i am serious, i am concentrating only on one point,,just try to look at one point for 5 min, you'll see what I am talking about.. It is not silly, this is possible and probably it will happen with most people untill they play with her foot like I said. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eva Posted October 17, 2007 Report Share Posted October 17, 2007 It is not silly, this is possible and probably it will happen with most people untill they play with her foot like I said. You are right..woow this is crazy..lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armat Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 Right Brain vs. Left Brain This one is fascinating. They claim that if you concentrate enough, you can change the direction of the dancer. But I can't! I only see it circling in clockwise direction. I asked another person and after seeing it first in clockwise direction, she started seeing it counter-clockwise. What do you guys see? The coolest thing I've seen. 1st I keep seeing going clock-right side.Most creative people have right side developed and once I squeezed my eyes it went anti-clock and later going back to clock. Wow I can't wait to show my kids Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anoushik Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 once I squeezed my eyes it went anti-clock and later going back to clock. That has worked for me as well occasionally. However, I still can't change the direction at will like Domino can. Glad you like it Armat. And it's great to see you posting in Hyeforum again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anoushik Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 This "dancer" makes one wonder what is the true essence of reality. If we all look at the same thing and see different results, then I wonder what the real, objective dancer/image looks like. Is it possible for one to know? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 Well since the image is a black silhouette, there is no depth reference. The shadow at the bottom does not act as a reference either. So your brain is actually interpreting depth. That explains the bias and the variance in how we all perceive the girl. BTW for me, the counter clockwise direction is more dominant but I can see both directions if I concentrate. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 Forgot to say: pretty darn cool Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AVO Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 Same as vava's counter clockwise is dominant for me, but once i change the directions its hard to turn it back, even if I look away and back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yervant1 Posted October 18, 2007 Report Share Posted October 18, 2007 This might seem silly, but if you look at her, she changes the direction herself, i mean for couple of ,minutes she is rotating clockwise then she changes counterclockwise....i am serious, i am concentrating only on one point,,just try to look at one point for 5 min, you'll see what I am talking about.. In my opinion konfetka got it right, I think this is preprogrammed to change directions at random intervals sometimes within seconds and other times longer with different time variations according to the human brain expectations. When the timing of your desire to change directions and the program coincides you would think that you did it and knowing well that some people would like to change it immediately they programmed it to change some times and but not all the time. Since it's a random programming it's giving the illusion that we are effecting the outcome. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.