Anonymouse Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 The 5 of the weirdest things to happen to me are the following: 5. I was born alive. 4. I wasn't put up for adoption. 3. I am reading this forum. 2. I fell out of the top of a 100 year old tree and kept my life. 1. A hot chick likes me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 5. People think I can dance 4. Fuglies find me attractive 3. Azat thinks Im cool 2. I graduated from a top school 1. Im managing a 100K construction project Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 (edited) hmmmmmmm only 5? my whole life's weird 1. i was born at midnight 2. i fell on my head during the earthquake in armenia and had a concussion...lol 3. i live in LA--that can have 100 of its own weirdnesses attached 4. i dont know how to ride a bike--fell off one when i was a kid--havent been on one since 5. i ran away from home when i was 3 years old~ ran from home 2 my grandpas house---man and they say im gullible Edited February 23, 2004 by angel4hope Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyebruin Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 (edited) 5. my conception used a bit of medical intervention (true!) 4. i (& mom) miraculously made it alive to this world (also true!) 3. i had 7 little friends helping me grow up 2. i ended up in a city so faaar away 1. i kissed a frog, now waiting for my prince Edited February 23, 2004 by hyebruin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nvard Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 1.I was born to an Armenian father and a Romanian mother 2.I was born in Yerevan and 3. Have never lived in Armenia 4. I grew up in the Far East of Russia 5.Graduated from an American High School 6. Ended up here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted February 23, 2004 Author Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 5. my conception used a bit of medical intervention (true!) 4. i (& mom) miraculously made it alive to this world (also true!) 3. i had 7 little friends helping me grow up 2. i ended up in a city so faaar away 1. i kissed a frog, now waiting for my prince Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sev-mard Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 (edited) 1. Im managing a 100K construction project I'm working in construction management too, where are you located, what are you doing? I'm working on a renovation of LATTC college downtown LA, 230 M$. I'm small fries now, but climbing. 5. 1st son born in America to Carribean immigrant parents 4. Burned on the arm by a cigarette at age 3.5, still remember the incident and STILL have the burn mark. 3. Saw people having sex directly under a lampost on my college campus at 5:45am after a wild night in Tijuana, Mexico. 2. Survived an earthquake on an extinct volcano sight seeing in Japan. 1. Had a series of dreams of places that turned out to be Japan, years before I was ever able to make it there in person. Deja vu? Astral projection? Or just the weirdest thing(s) that have happened to me....? Edited February 23, 2004 by sev-mard Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gevo27 Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 I'm working in construction management too, where are you located, what are you doing? I'm working on a renovation of LATTC college downtown LA, 230 M$. I'm small fries now, but climbing. hey.. before this semester started i was also a part of construction management.. though my job title was "crew supervisor".. lol.. iteresting.. nothing like 230 M though.. biggest rject we have done was about 23 mil... not bad eh... this was in Beverly Hills... 1. i can stay awake all night and wake up early, but if i sleep early i dont wanna wake up! 2. a girl sat at my table at some food place in our bookstore and starred at me for over 30 minutes while i tried to do my homework, and then i asked "whats your problem" and she grunted and walked of... not only weird, but extremely scary!!!! 3. A girl i had never met or seen in my life walked up to me and asked me out, i said no thx...she was pretty btw 4. i was approached by again a complete stranger in bakersfield, and she asked to take a picture of me cause she thaught i looked like Sylvester Stalon... i nor any of my friends thinks so though..... so i said yes and she was the happiest girl in bakersfield.. ""maybe its my charms " 5. The way i stumbled onto these forums... if u really really want to know.. pm me.. HAHAHAHA... its hilarious Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sev-mard Posted February 23, 2004 Report Share Posted February 23, 2004 (edited) You brought back some memories Gevo(talking about pics and random girls) Addendum List 5a. Was asked to take pics with random japanese people at a rate of one EVERY TIME i left the house(they think it's cool to have pics with odars) 4a. Appeared on a popular dating show in Japanese 'faking it'. It being a breakup and renunion with a girl I knew. 3a. Saw a man eat a still squirming sea creature(anun chem'manum) at a sushi bar. 2a. Joked with a pack of the prettiest transvestives I've ever seen on Koh San Road in Thailand. 1a. The bar that got blown up in Bali, Indonesia by Al Qaeda...I partied there some months before! Edited February 23, 2004 by sev-mard Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted February 24, 2004 Report Share Posted February 24, 2004 Hm - wasn't going to go here - or a variety of reasons...and i also have way more then 5. But something happened today that I thought was pretty weird/funny...and it reminded me of something that happened last week that I had meant to post about... Ok 1> just this morning. I'm walking down the street in the city and this (black) guy walks up besides me and says - "your a black man"...lol..well I didn't know what to make of it at first...so I said what and he repeated it. I was like - "what are you trying to say" - and he said that I walk jjst like a balck man. SO I said - and that is a good thing? a compliment? and he responded - of course...white men walk all uptight and your loose! LOL So that ended up inspiring quite an interesting conversation as we walked aong a bit. 2. Last week - at a pseudo Starbucks I ordered a mocha and inquired abut the cuissants - if they were any good. The lady behind the counter looks at me and says - "I don't eat that crap!...well i was a bit taken aback and said well, do peopel seem to liek them etc....then in giving her the $ for the cofee & couissant I gave her a 10 and told her I had exact change for the change part and could I get a 5 back (it was 5 & change)...she proceeded to reel off 5 ones as I was getting out my change and i again asked if i coudl have a 5...she just looked at me and handed me the 5 ones...well i was just outraged - so i threw the cahnge on the floor - took my stuff & left - shcoked her a bit I think! LOL 3. Once got chased out of a campsite by a bear (not the first or the last time to have experienced soimilar)...well we were camped on a cliff and had to scale down it (and into the river running down Kings Canyon - whatever its name is) - in the dark/dusk..with no shoes on...then climb up a cliff on the other side and watcvh this bear ravage our camping stuff...well he didn't - instrad he walked wround snigffing (right by the fire! - no problemo..) and I said to my companion - guess your pack gets torn up now..and he said no its going to be yours...well you have the food in yours----no you do....turns out we had left all of our food in the car! (9-10 miles back!!!!)...well the bear knows that where there are people there is food - and he hasn't found any - so he sets off in hot pursuit (after getting ur scent). Well we proceed up a sheer cliff (switchbacks) with the bear following & keeping his distance...we run 0- he runs...we walk he does th esame. Finially we come to a plateua with Giant Sequia trees and get back to back - each with a log in hand....bear cirles us snifing - smells no food - so scampers off (i was prety damn scarred)....we encoutnerd another bear the next day...but thats another story.. 4. While cycling down PCh between LA & San Diego I got sideswiped by a car doing about 70MPH...sprawled me & all my panniers & stuff all over the road. A lady driving another car swerved and mised me - but cut off an overtaking motorcycle and he went sprawling. His injuries seemed worse then mine - he was all bloddyy and his leather suit was in tatters - but he brushed himself off and said "I've had worse" and rode away. Meanwhile - as I gather up my things frpom all over the road the lady is preying hiterically by the side of the road - unresponsive to her kid who starts crying. Well I get all back together and try to thank the lady - but she keeps praying a mile aminute...so eventually i just ride off and finish my trip with no further incident. 5. The day of my (non) High chool graduation (when my class graduated by I didnt as I had dropped out..well I had alrady been attending Johns Hopkins and other schools)...well - i can't even tell all - as not sure of statute of limitations and such....lets just say we didnt kill anyone (that i am aware). Anyway the day began with some drinking and carousing in a park...follwed by a frek thunder storm - while running to get back to our car (with no shoes as usual - because I dint wear shoes then) I literaly kicked a broken bear bottle - where the broken glass part went between my toes....I could see inside my foot and knew I was bleeding heavily - but the rain was so heavy that all the blood was imedirtat;y washed away. I was runing through mud..and by the time I got to the car the gash in my foot had been healed by the mud! (really...bizar i know...but I am a very very quick healer anyway). I was a bit weak though from loos of blood, the drinkkng and the exertion...So then that night I went out to the grad parties (already drunk)..and well - again...I cant go into some details (as some might even think me a perv - LOL)...but yes women were involved (and nothing non-consentual per se)...skip a bit...so we end up at some who knows where party - actually with a pretty bad crowd - and aparently someone I was was with had some major beef with folks throwing the party - and essentially a rumble ensues...(that I want no part of)...so I pile into mmy friends (hopped up) el camino (what a great party vehical that was)...and we are making our escape - when smash! sopmeone throws a bear bottle threw our froint winshield (pre safety galss) - it shatters all over me! (and only me!) - I dint even realize it untill I felt my arms go all warm & wet...we turn on a light - and I'm covere in blood! Anyway - i know the story is already toolong...but i refuse treatment at the emergency room! LOL...then we go to a police station to file a report. Well while waiting there I sneak off and smoke a whole joint myself - in the station - in some room where no one is presewnt! (yeah nuts I know - but it was great! lOL)...then we filed our report and thats about all i can remember - LOL (so how was that one? You'll just have to use your immagination to fill in some of the stuff that I'm still not ready to print! LOL).... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sev-mard Posted February 24, 2004 Report Share Posted February 24, 2004 All I can say is WOW.....great tales. Wow and wow again! Wow. So if I see an armo walking like a brotha, either I'm in Glendale-Burbank or it's THOTH! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted February 25, 2004 Author Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 Actually, I like to make a revision. Perhaps the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me is for Thoth to actually post in my thread and stay on topic, as opposed to making me the topic. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 (edited) "3. Once got chased out of a campsite by a bear (not the first or the last time to have experienced soimilar)...well we were camped on a cliff and had to scale down it (and into the river running down Kings Canyon - whatever its name is) - in the dark/dusk..with no shoes on...then climb up a cliff on the other side and watcvh this bear ravage our camping stuff...well he didn't - instrad he walked wround snigffing (right by the fire! - no problemo..) and I said to my companion - guess your pack gets torn up now..and he said no its going to be yours...well you have the food in yours----no you do....turns out we had left all of our food in the car! (9-10 miles back!!!!)...well the bear knows that where there are people there is food - and he hasn't found any - so he sets off in hot pursuit (after getting ur scent). Well we proceed up a sheer cliff (switchbacks) with the bear following & keeping his distance...we run 0- he runs...we walk he does th esame. Finially we come to a plateua with Giant Sequia trees and get back to back - each with a log in hand....bear cirles us snifing - smells no food - so scampers off (i was prety damn scarred)....we encoutnerd another bear the next day...but thats another story.." i wonder why he chased you.... hmmmmm <_< maybe thers anunderlying reason thoth...u think? Fixed quote. ExtraHye Edited February 25, 2004 by ExtraHye Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyebruin Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 Actually, I like to make a revision. Perhaps the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me is for Thoth to actually post in my thread and stay on topic, as opposed to making me the topic. awwww see we all have the potential to be kind and good Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 bruin jan, the potential is always there, but its not being put to use/practiced...most of the time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyebruin Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 bruin jan, the potential is always there, but its not being put to use/practiced...most of the time. angel jan, that's why they say behind every great man there's a good woman they need reminders from the feminine side from time to time to be good boys and play nicely with each other!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angel4hope Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 (edited) HALLELOOYAH---good one bruin Edited February 25, 2004 by angel4hope Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ExtraHye Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 angel jan, that's why they say behind every great man there's a good woman they need reminders from the feminine side from time to time to be good boys and play nicely with each other!! I agree with you Bruin jan, and if that doesn't help... Just let me know, and I'll be there with my extra sharp needle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 (edited) I bet anything that the 5 weirdest things happened to me and that I dough that any one can beat them here... but unfortunately. none of them I could tell in the open. Edited February 25, 2004 by Fadix Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accelerated Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 wow winston, you were a bum AND a junkie in your youth - anyhow I got a similar graduation story (with less bleeding ) too much to type though so IM not going to bother, but was just as funny. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gevo27 Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 3. Once got chased out of a campsite by a bear (not the first or the last time to have experienced soimilar)...well we were camped on a cliff and had to scale down it (and into the river running down Kings Canyon - whatever its name is) - in the dark/dusk..with no shoes on...then climb up a cliff on the other side and watcvh this bear ravage our camping stuff...well he didn't - instrad he walked wround snigffing (right by the fire! - no problemo..) and I said to my companion - guess your pack gets torn up now..and he said no its going to be yours...well you have the food in yours----no you do....turns out we had left all of our food in the car! (9-10 miles back!!!!)...well the bear knows that where there are people there is food - and he hasn't found any - so he sets off in hot pursuit (after getting ur scent). Well we proceed up a sheer cliff (switchbacks) with the bear following & keeping his distance...we run 0- he runs...we walk he does th esame. Finially we come to a plateua with Giant Sequia trees and get back to back - each with a log in hand....bear cirles us snifing - smells no food - so scampers off (i was prety damn scarred)....we encoutnerd another bear the next day...but thats another story.. Which camp would that be? Bears wont go where people are for food, they will go to food when they smell it. So i presume you guys did not take the right precautions of hiding your food and that is why the bear came down. Normal characteristics of a bear are not for it to run into crowds, nor go into an area where he can smell and sense more human beings thatn he can comprehend.. so. this bear musta been on cocain.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gevo27 Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 angel jan, that's why they say behind every great man there's a good woman they need reminders from the feminine side from time to time to be good boys and play nicely with each other!! in my case bruin jan, my great women wont be behind me, she will be beside me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 gevo - the point is that we had no food. And you are also wrong. I have had several encounters with bear where I have been charged by them and when they have wandered in the camps lookign for food...even where they have climbed trees and chewed then twisted branches down to the ground so that the bags of fod tied there sit exactly on the gorund...bears in national parks have gotten usedto the idea that humans and food go together - and its a real problem Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SALTnPEPA92 Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 1)My cousin died a week after my brother, (they were shot) (longgggggg story) 2) My uncle is a singer not weird but whatever lol thats all i can think of Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gevo27 Posted February 25, 2004 Report Share Posted February 25, 2004 gevo - the point is that we had no food. And you are also wrong. I have had several encounters with bear where I have been charged by them and when they have wandered in the camps lookign for food...even where they have climbed trees and chewed then twisted branches down to the ground so that the bags of fod tied there sit exactly on the gorund...bears in national parks have gotten usedto the idea that humans and food go together - and its a real problem guess each case isnt as similar as i thaught, or have leanred.. oh well.. no worries.. lol.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.