Jump to content

Intuition


Anonymouse

Recommended Posts

Intuition is simply an expression of the cosmic mind in man through the attunement of the inner self with the universal cosmic mind. The mind itself has potential faculties that can enable it to hear, see, feel, taste, and smell without depending upon the sense of the faculties of the physical body. These higher faculties also transmit certain impressions. These impressions are different from our physical senses. These impressions are very much subtle and the average person ignroes them, because they are often vague, and indefinite as compared to the distinct and familiar impressions transmitted by the physical senses. Intuition is knowledge transmitted to our mind and not limited nor affected by the physical senses. Not only do time and space not limit intuition, but neither do any other physical measurements. Therefore it is obvious that intuition opens up a vast new fountain of knowledge.

 

I would say that it is entirely possible to develop our intuitive impressions to such clarity and strength that they speak impressively and with conviction. It has been said that women have intuition and are more inclined to trust those impressions than men are, hence "women are emotional" or how mothers "feel" something is wrong with their child. Any one can search their inner self for an answer to a problem and find definite information which might not be obtainable any other way.

 

To develop your intuition I suggest an exercise that I was recommended. To tell the time of day, hesitate a few moments before looking at your watch or at a clock, close your eyes and become passive for a few seconds and give your intuitive sense and consciousness an oppotunity to express itself. Concentrate a moment on the question "What is the correct time?". The answer may come to your mind as a slight impression of the figures represnting the actual time, or you may feel in some other way that its 2 minutes after 4 or 20 mins to 2 or something of this kind. It is important to register the first impression which comes to you. Do not allow a second, third, or fourth impression to modify it. Then look at your watch or clock and see how nearly correct your impression is.

 

You might get a second or third impression when you ask the question but these are other impressions and are often the result of the minds analytical reasoning. For instance, your first impression may be that it is 16 minutes to 3, but imediately another impression will come to you that it cannot be that late becuse only a little while before it was 20 mins after 2, therefore, it cannot be more than 25 mins to 3.

 

In this way you'll notice at different times you will objectively tend to set aside the first impression from your intuitive sense. If the faculty of intuition is to be developed, it must be on the basis that the moment you ask a question of it you must give credence to its answer. You must not permit any reasoning or argument to take place and modify the first answer given. Of course ioull find that many of our first answers wrong at the beginning of this little exercise because the intuitive impression will not be vivid enough, and youll be getting an impression so vaguely from the intuitive sense that you will miss it and take the answer from the objective senses instead. Gradually though youll find that through proper concentration and poassivity for just a moment, youll permit your intuitive consciousness to express itself.

 

Cheers!

Edited by Anonymouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice post Anonymouse. I use my intuition at work, or under other circumstances but I am planning to improve it and use more often. Most of the time I use intuition when there is a limited time and no other alternative. At work sometimes I am to debug a program and don't have enough time to think. So I use intuition and it works. If I had time I wouldn't use intuition, istead I would go step by step and analyze the program properly, as it is supposed to be.

On other instances somebody's computer broke or has some other weird problem. It is not my job to fix such problems, and I have very little knowledge. So what to do? I used my intuition and it worked. There was no better choice for me, first of all I didn't have to do it, and second of all if I really wanted to do a 'serious' work towards the solution I would have to read a lot and understand which would take a lot of time.

On other occasions when I am too tired to think of an answer to a question I answer intuitively. Later on if I have to explain then I take my time with a fresh mind and explain. It is the correct answer and it really works.

Anyway, intuition is a great thing, and I have noticed a slight improvement due to meditation although I haven't tried to improve in any concsious way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...