Dan Posted January 14, 2004 Report Share Posted January 14, 2004 (edited) I'm thinking about going onto the subway tracks and exploring the tunnels, etc. on the abandoned subway line (Lower Bay) that is usually used for shooting films or switching subway lines.. so I did some research on the thing, and came up with lots of information about it... Of course, it's very dangerous and there's security patrols and the risk of being caught (and fined), but I'm thinking about going with someone who has been there before... This is probably the craziest / most risky thing I'm gonna do in my entire life, but I've always wanted to do something like that.. I've always wondered what's inside those tunnels and want to get a personal view of it. So yeah... not sure when I'm gonna do it, but probably soon.. just making sure that I'm confident enough about this, cos anything might go wrong [they shift trains a lot on the abandoned tracks -- even after 2 am].. It's.... rather... scary... but -- I don't know. I mean, I AM scared, but at the same time something's telling me to go. My friend has been there more than once and knows the ins and outs of it, but is telling me that it's not a good idea.. And of course, I AM scared of the dark (for personal reasons).. The least I'm worried about is being caught by security (yeah, the issue of being fined is a risk, but not as big a risk as passing out in the tunnel cos I'm too scared to take another step forward or backward. I probably would have no problem going into a non-abandoned tunnel, but an abandoned one gives me weird visions about ghosts, etc. Not to mention the rats lol.. So --- does anyone think I'm crazy? lol.. just kidding.. I know that's a crazy question to ask, considering what I just told ya hah.. But I'm already shuddering [while looking at the pics] at the thought of me going down there. hmm.. This thing's been abandoned ever since 1966... My mom would rather tie me down at home than let me go and do what I'm planning on doing, so needless to say, she doesn't need to know lol.. But, if I don't get home, then she will get worried, which is why I'm thinking about leaving a note or something somewhere where she will find if she looks hard enough, but won't notice otherwise. So here's some info on the station, with pics. Or I might just decide to go and explore somewhere else instead of lower bay lol... maybe a non-abandoned subway track... or an abandoned factory or steam tunnels or whatever.. I just feel restless and wanna do something adventurous. Check out this page for other possible locations throughout the world. Edited January 14, 2004 by Dan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gurgen Posted January 14, 2004 Report Share Posted January 14, 2004 I say go for it. You need to do something crazy once in a while Besides, life's too short to worry Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dan Posted January 14, 2004 Author Report Share Posted January 14, 2004 woooooo, someone who doesn't think I'm too crazy!!! I'm really pissed off though at those who HAVE been there and now are scaring those who haven't been there but are thinking of going... I mean, yeah yeah, it's dangerous/risky, but duh, that's the whole point lol.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.