America-Hye Posted December 30, 2003 Report Share Posted December 30, 2003 Some of us have Armenianness only in our heads only and not in our hearts. I speak Armenian, know about Armenia from books yet have little Armenian consciousness. In my heart I am an American through and through. The Lebanses-Armenian who posted here is more a Arab than an Armenian. These Araba-Hyes are no longer Armenains, just as I approach Armenan consciousness solely from an academic perspective. We are all of different breeds despite our Armenian genes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted December 30, 2003 Report Share Posted December 30, 2003 Yes Hagarag, but how do you define Armenian consciousness? Actually I have my own understanding of being Armenian, and that is only a cultural way of looking - mainly the Armenian culture in Armenia (excluding all the rabiz stuff). Yet i am not sure that's the right way of defining Armenian consciousness. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnoushBabyGirl1 Posted February 29, 2004 Report Share Posted February 29, 2004 If you say your approach Armenian heritage solely from a academic perspective, then why do you think you are any more "Armenian" than the Araba-Hyes? Are u whitewashed? You sound very judgemental. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
America-Hye Posted February 29, 2004 Author Report Share Posted February 29, 2004 I have stated that I am whitewashed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
joseph parikian Posted February 29, 2004 Report Share Posted February 29, 2004 (edited) Some of us have Armenianness only in our heads only and not in our hearts. I speak Armenian, know about Armenia from books yet have little Armenian consciousness. In my heart I am an American through and through. The Lebanses-Armenian who posted here is more a Arab than an Armenian. These Araba-Hyes are no longer Armenains, just as I approach Armenan consciousness solely from an academic perspective. We are all of different breeds despite our Armenian genes. http://www.sarhad.8m.com/images/hmem1.jpg http://www.sarhad.8m.com/images/photo_2.jpg http://www.sarhad.8m.com/images/photo_6.jpg http://www.sarhad.8m.com/images/photo_7.jpg YOUNG LEBANESE ARMENIANS Eat Your heart if you have one Edited March 1, 2004 by joseph parikian Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted February 29, 2004 Report Share Posted February 29, 2004 Clean up done. Now let's quit the insults and stay on topic. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anonymouse Posted March 2, 2004 Report Share Posted March 2, 2004 Some of us have Armenianness only in our heads only and not in our hearts. I speak Armenian, know about Armenia from books yet have little Armenian consciousness. In my heart I am an American through and through. The Lebanses-Armenian who posted here is more a Arab than an Armenian. These Araba-Hyes are no longer Armenains, just as I approach Armenan consciousness solely from an academic perspective. We are all of different breeds despite our Armenian genes. Such wisdom. Maybe you should write a book? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.