Armen Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 JIUQUAN, Gansu, Oct. 15 (Xinhuanet) -- China's first piloted spacecraft has entered the outer space, and Lieutenant Colonel Yang Liwei is now the first Chinese astronaut in space in the world's 241st manned space mission. At around 9:10, Shenzhou-5 moved into the preset orbit, indicating success of China's endeavor to hurl a piloted space vehicle of its own into the orbit. President Hu Jintao, together with other Chinese leaders Huang Ju, Wu Guanzheng, Cao Gangchuan and Wang Gang, were present at theJiuquan Space Launch Center on the occasion. The center turned into a scene of jubilation as spectators cheered the success. In the meantime, The Yuanwang-1 measuring vessel has been monitoring the target over the Pacific Ocean; and the Beijing Space Command and Control Center ordered the craft to open up the solar panels. The two pairs of solar panels, which look like huge wings of the spaceship, are working as a power station with a capacity of 1,200 KW servicing the vehicle. Enditem Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armen Posted October 15, 2003 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 (edited) I just remembered an old joke about how Chinese and Armenians together make 1.206.000.000 people. Edited October 15, 2003 by ArmenSarg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 Wow that's a lot of Chinese. I see San Diego is already having an effect. But at least you're not a math major so no worries! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Harut Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 I just remembered an old joke about how Chinese and Armenians together make 1.200.000.006 million people. so who are they?me, you, Sip, Azat, Movses... who's the sixth one? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sasun Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 Is the name of the space craft Vardan Mamikonian by any chance? Hagarag might feel proud I think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armen Posted October 15, 2003 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 Wow that's a lot of Chinese. I see San Diego is already having an effect. But at least you're not a math major so no worries! Sip, What do you mean... "no worries". My major has nothing to do with maths and I'm stuck with these quadratic functions, derivatives and stuff Man, never thought this is going to happen to me. Now I look like a big, fat WORRY. And...these Chinese flying to space...And don't know... BTW I corrected the number. Do I pass the test Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armen Posted October 15, 2003 Author Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 (edited) so who are they?me, you, Sip, Azat, Movses... who's the sixth one? What about Ara Gevorgyan Edited October 15, 2003 by ArmenSarg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 If instead of Ara we bring Tata, I am sure we can get a seventh person to join us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted October 15, 2003 Report Share Posted October 15, 2003 Hey, depending on the day, with Ara we may also get someone to join! But we have to be very careful on which day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.