RevKeegan Posted July 8, 2003 Report Share Posted July 8, 2003 I am looking to buy a high quality duduk to begin playing. I have experience playing the oboe and after hearing the beautiful tone of a duduk I really want to learn to play this new double reed instrument. I don't know where to find a high quality duduk however, and I am also unsure of which key to look for in a duduk as I am unfamiliar with most traditional Armenian music. Does anyone know where the best duduks can be found? And also, what's the most versatile key to buy a duduk in if I can only buy one? Many thanks. Keegan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted July 8, 2003 Report Share Posted July 8, 2003 Hello, and welcome to HyeForum. You may want to check out www.DUDUK.com. There you kind find many ancient Armenian musical instruments (a duduk is certyainly not 'new'! ) as well as instruction to learn the Duduk. Good luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted July 8, 2003 Report Share Posted July 8, 2003 RevKeegan, welcome to HyeForum. You need to talk with MosJan who is the master when it comes to Duduks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MosJan Posted July 9, 2003 Report Share Posted July 9, 2003 I am looking to buy a high quality duduk to begin playing. I have experience playing the oboe and after hearing the beautiful tone of a duduk I really want to learn to play this new double reed instrument. I don't know where to find a high quality duduk however, and I am also unsure of which key to look for in a duduk as I am unfamiliar with most traditional Armenian music. Does anyone know where the best duduks can be found? And also, what's the most versatile key to buy a duduk in if I can only buy one? Many thanks. Keegan HI The best duduk you cen get to start will be in the key of Aget a Softy and Mid reed's. you don't need to know our Armenian MUsic to play our Duduk's get to know the duduk first let me knwo if i can help or stop by at web site for more duduk info & Duduk Instructions Thanks Movses Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.