nairi Posted June 16, 2003 Report Share Posted June 16, 2003 I just got a taste of it on Oprah. Have any of you seen it? If so, what do you think of it? The publicity/entertainment factor of it etc.? Would you ever do it? And how popular is it in the US? <-- just some background info since I don't live in there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted June 16, 2003 Report Share Posted June 16, 2003 Who or What's an Oprah? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted June 16, 2003 Report Share Posted June 16, 2003 Don't know (though probably over hyped) - but just did one myself (at least for me...)...shaved my beard (at least in part)...after 20+ years. I even had to think a bit to consider if I was still a virgin the last time I was beardless...but concluded that no - I was not...LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted June 16, 2003 Author Report Share Posted June 16, 2003 I'm just hoping I'll never feel the necessity... Sip, especially for you: with facelift gone wrong: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted June 17, 2003 Report Share Posted June 17, 2003 I'm just hoping I'll never feel the necessity... Ahahahaha... the necessity to shave your beard? ahahahhaa ... Sorry I couldn't resist since that's what I thought you were referring to. Were you? They have this other really fruity show on the Discovery channel or the learning channel (not sure which one) that I've had the displeasure of watching a couple of times (by accident as I was surfing channels) ... it's called Trading Places and they have these people that come and supposedly give a makeover to your house/apartment. It's almost always the same ... they stick in some bright orange furniture, put some strange abstract art piecs on the wall, put a couple of lamps and a plant and some ugly carpetting and call it a day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MosJan Posted June 17, 2003 Report Share Posted June 17, 2003 Who or What's an Oprah? Sihan jan et mek@n el mi imatsy yev / lav klini chimanas el incha manavand kin@t heto mets shat mets problemner kunenas aper Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted June 17, 2003 Author Report Share Posted June 17, 2003 They have this other really fruity show on the Discovery channel or the learning channel (not sure which one) ... Yeah, they have their own version of Trading Places here as well (on BBC and Dutch channel). That's a bad show indeed. But from what I saw of Extreme Makeovers, they either do a fantastic job OR they don't make a difference at all! I guess the only thing I've been wanting to change ever since I was a kid is my nose. But it's not a necessity: I've grown pretty used to it and nobody else seems to care about it much. I just hope I never have a major accident or something... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.