koko Posted March 5, 2002 Report Share Posted March 5, 2002 I was in Armenia recently where I heard a rumor telling Sebastian Bach's grandmother was armenian! True or False? Any news? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted March 5, 2002 Report Share Posted March 5, 2002 quote:Originally posted by koko:I was in Armenia recently where I heard a rumor telling Sebastian Bach's grandmother was armenian! True or False? Any news?Dear Koko,I have no proof of this but I am 99.9% sure that she was not. I did do some searches on the net and it does not seem to be true, but will look around some more. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
koko Posted March 5, 2002 Author Report Share Posted March 5, 2002 yeah, but one can't trust sources on the internet, dont you agree? Joke of the day:I have a scandiavian friend whos name is Sebastian! He onced asked- I have an armenian name, havent I!? [ March 05, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: koko ] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
koko Posted May 16, 2002 Author Report Share Posted May 16, 2002 quote:Originally posted by koko:yeah, but one can't trust sources on the internet, dont you agree? Joke of the day:I have a scandiavian friend whos name is Sebastian! He onced asked- I have an armenian name, havent I!? Ok Bach may not have armenian blood! In western armenia there was a city called Sebastia, so there is a possilty that the name Sebastian is armenian afterall? Where does the name sebastian come from? Does anybody know? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arpa Posted May 16, 2002 Report Share Posted May 16, 2002 quote:Originally posted by koko: quote:Originally posted by koko:yeah, but one can't trust sources on the internet, dont you agree? Joke of the day:I have a scandiavian friend whos name is Sebastian! He onced asked- I have an armenian name, havent I!? Ok Bach may not have armenian blood! smilies/greedo.gif In western armenia there was a city called Sebastia, so there is a possilty that the name Sebastian is armenian afterall? Where does the name sebastian come from? Does anybody know? smilies/king.gifAccording to one source sebast/sebastian means saintly/sacrosanct. I cannot corroborate this but a good Latin dictionary may be of help.To see about Sebastia go to History. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Fadi Posted May 16, 2002 Report Share Posted May 16, 2002 Bach has no Armenian blood, and I'm sure of that, he's my favoured Baroc composer, have read biographies about him in the past, and never have read about anyging be Armenian. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
koko Posted May 16, 2002 Author Report Share Posted May 16, 2002 smilies/clown.gif Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted May 17, 2002 Report Share Posted May 17, 2002 Don't you know that 86% of the world's Airlines are also Armenian: Canadian, Australian, Brazilian, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian etc...and the beer Kilian's Red are definitely Armenian. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Harut Posted May 17, 2002 Report Share Posted May 17, 2002 relax guys. i think Karine was just making a joke. it's all in Sebastian. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
srbuh Posted May 21, 2002 Report Share Posted May 21, 2002 Dear Karine, Armenians love to represent famous people (esp. geniuses) as their countrymen. It is pleasant for their ill dignity. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kazza Posted May 21, 2002 Report Share Posted May 21, 2002 quote:Originally posted by Srbuhi:Dear Karine, Armenians love to represent famous people (esp. geniuses) as their countrymen. It is pleasant for their ill dignity.That's right. Especially if one of the fellow countrymen in question are doing well, then the community embraces them as an "armenian" (even if they are only a quater, like me. Just a small note: it's very difficult for the halves and even the quaters, because some people just refer to me as an "armenian" yet others just see it is a bit of distant ancestry. Sometimes even my mother thinks of me as full. Like for example, (because she's still old fashioned) "Gasp! don't tell anybody other than your close friends you are armenian! Do you know some people REALLY hate armenians? Be careful!" Ha ha ha! As if that's any kind of news to me, I have bin doing my reasearch, see? But a LOT of people I runinto and I just happen to tell them theyre all like "OOOhhhh" whether theyre turk or chinese or bengalese or anything...." I put it down to their own ignorance. Even now 'm still hurt by that backward attitude. I love my mum, she''s so soft-hearted but can sometimes be a bit naiive (that sounds like some not a million miles away from us...whooops!) This is still a very difficult subject for me but I find it's all to do with your attitude and pride. No matter what a person is if they don't accept ALL aspects of me then they can forget about me. And I am not going to hide myself from anybody! For example, I had all my armenian literature and things spread out and splayed on the table, and my "rabiz supa stars websites" ahhh! in a classroom half of turks, and they didn't batter or flick an eyelid. In fact some of them are close friends from before they know I am an armenian (as if they can miss it!) and we have some close friends of the family that just so happen to be turkish. I really like everyone in that class for example there's this boy called bergen whos fiance treats him bad) oooooo sorry I am always drifting off of the subject! but anyway what I was saying is about that is someone even partly armenian or intermarried into odar spit at them while they are still ordinary, but as soon as a bit of intelligence, talent, or weath or celebrity surfaces they are all over them. i think that it's all a bit two faced really. And what about (like what an ex-member Half Breed was saying? If youre still out there on the internet babe, a shout -out and a wave! Hope life is treating you well) what half breed was saying about Armenians as soon as they realise youre one of them treat you coldly. mabye it's self-insecurity issues. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
koko Posted May 21, 2002 Author Report Share Posted May 21, 2002 Let's face the fact! There are many famous and talented armenians in the world. Why should we be ashamed of it? Why should we hide it? I get very happy hearing someone is armenian. Many nationalities get excited because they have someone famous among them. They become sort of a symbol and pride for that nation! We are only 7 million in the world and we all are apart of the diaspora. Its Not very often people speak about armenians, or Armenia or the genocide. All you read in history books is about the seconde world war and how many jews were killed.( i wont get into politics, but much has to do wiih "USA AND ISRAEL" politics. Did you know that USA had a plan of taking over the world? Im not making it up or, it was said as a fact from the US goverment, they did no attempt to hide it, maybe today they do. If US didin't support turkey,economically and military, the armenians would have had the genocide recognized). Im happy to be apart of a lovely, generous and wonderful nation! (yes, some armenians treat you coldy? I think its a matter of jelousy?) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
koko Posted May 21, 2002 Author Report Share Posted May 21, 2002 quote:Originally posted by Srbuhi:Dear Karine, Armenians love to represent famous people (esp. geniuses) as their countrymen. It is pleasant for their ill dignity.Who is ill here???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
THOTH Posted May 21, 2002 Report Share Posted May 21, 2002 quote:Originally posted by koko:Did you know that USA had a plan of taking over the world? Yes, and we implemented it in 1962, hiding the funds by undertaking a suposed Space Program to put a man on the moon. That ever happened you see - it was all Hollywood. Oh, and BTW, the USA succeded with their plan in 1992...now we are looking to dump most of it however(as is always the case in these mega-mergers) - the profit results just weren't up to expectations..."you mean we're expected to actually feed all those people!" - etc Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.