gamavor Posted March 10, 2010 Report Share Posted March 10, 2010 Few days ago I was watching a tv program on Armenian satellite tv. Overall the whole programming is crap with very few exceptions. The shows that they air are as if you are in a time machine and suddenly got into 1950s of the last century. But this is another story. I was watching an interview with the Armenian foreign minister Edward Nalbandian. The interview was taking place in his cabinet at the ministry. While the camera man was shooting his office I saw a portrait hanging from the wall of Armenia's president. Laughing and confident. Few hours later again interview, this time with Armenia's Diaspora Minister. Again Serjik is smiling from the wall. In the same time our President declared confidently in the face of Wilfred Martins (European Peoples Party chief, who was in Yerevan to present his new book) that Armenians are European. How much removed from reality one must be to make such an ignorant statement. I wonder if Serjik ever been to any European country, but not as a member of official delegation, rather scrolling down the streets, talking with people, going to a tax office, court, customs, etc.. Had he done that, he would realize how untimely such declaration might be. Maybe we Armenians are Europeans at heart, but I doubt that 70 years of communism could be erased in the coming 100 years. Before making stupid comments President Sarkisian must get involved with improving his country's image. For a starter, 1) people should not be robed at the customs office when they enter the country; 2) People should dispose their garbage in the garbage cans and not around them; 3) Traffic lights must be obeyed;I will let you guys to continue with the list…. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Boghos Posted March 10, 2010 Report Share Posted March 10, 2010 Comedians. But gamavor, seems like Serdjik is very well acquainted with certain parts of Europe, like Monaco for example. These people, the so called Armenian elite, be it political or economic, most of them at least, live in Disneyland. Poor diaspora Armenians many even want to swallow all this nonsense. This whole "we are European gibberish" sees itself represented in the much worse foolishness of getting the AG recognized by the US, or God forbid, Turkey. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eire Posted May 25, 2010 Report Share Posted May 25, 2010 Few days ago I was watching a tv program on Armenian satellite tv. Overall the whole programming is crap with very few exceptions. The shows that they air are as if you are in a time machine and suddenly got into 1950s of the last century. But this is another story. I was watching an interview with the Armenian foreign minister Edward Nalbandian. The interview was taking place in his cabinet at the ministry. While the camera man was shooting his office I saw a portrait hanging from the wall of Armenia's president. Laughing and confident. Few hours later again interview, this time with Armenia's Diaspora Minister. Again Serjik is smiling from the wall. In the same time our President declared confidently in the face of Wilfred Martins (European Peoples Party chief, who was in Yerevan to present his new book) that Armenians are European. How much removed from reality one must be to make such an ignorant statement. I wonder if Serjik ever been to any European country, but not as a member of official delegation, rather scrolling down the streets, talking with people, going to a tax office, court, customs, etc.. Had he done that, he would realize how untimely such declaration might be. Maybe we Armenians are Europeans at heart, but I doubt that 70 years of communism could be erased in the coming 100 years. Before making stupid comments President Sarkisian must get involved with improving his country's image. For a starter, 1) people should not be robed at the customs office when they enter the country; 2) People should dispose their garbage in the garbage cans and not around them; 3) Traffic lights must be obeyed;I will let you guys to continue with the list…. Our conduct doesnt change our race nor our blood.Sure there is corruption, and all kinds of other soviet leftovers in our country, but that doesnt change who we are. I am European. I have Europe in my head, my heart, my blood and my bones. Armenians are an ancient European people and I am damned proud that our government officials are reasserting our brotherhood to our European kin.Im tired of being compared to middle easterners or damned turks. I am not some desert-dwelling Semite, and I am not some slant-eyed descendant of Mongols. I come from the race that brought us the worlds greatest empires, the worlds greatest thinkers, the worlds most beautiful architecture. Be proud of your European blood and heritage. Arouyn ou BadivEire Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted May 25, 2010 Author Report Share Posted May 25, 2010 (edited) I am European. I have Europe in my head, my heart, my blood and my bones. Sometimes it is better to listen to the reason rather than the heart. We suffered the most in the last century thanks to Europeans' blindness and greed.What is much more important is to have secure, dignified and prosperous country, rather than pretending to be something that we have never been. Edited May 25, 2010 by gamavor Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armenak Posted May 25, 2010 Report Share Posted May 25, 2010 It's the funniest trend: Eastern European and post-Soviets want to be "European" and go out of their way to prove their European-ness, while the Western Europeans want to be anything but. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Kiffer Posted May 26, 2010 Report Share Posted May 26, 2010 There is only Great Britain which does not feel much european. The other countries have interest to be european. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shaunt Posted May 27, 2010 Report Share Posted May 27, 2010 Western values are a sham and an affront to the well being of a people. Western countries themselves need to move beyond them. So why should we choose to be like them? Look past them, not at them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eire Posted June 2, 2010 Report Share Posted June 2, 2010 Sometimes it is better to listen to the reason rather than the heart. We suffered the most in the last century thanks to Europeans' blindness and greed.What is much more important is to have secure, dignified and prosperous country, rather than pretending to be something that we have never been. Typical Armenian behavior. Blame anyone and everyone that didnt come to help us.Understand that countries have interests, not friends. Have no illusions on that.ALL governments have failed us, ALL, including our own. It doesnt change our blood or who we are.I have a lot of respect for you Moses, and know that I mean no insult when I say this but; read up on the origins of our people. Read about our language, our customs and our blood and how close we are to the rest of our European brothers and sisters. True European nationalists know where their loyalties lie. Eire Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eire Posted June 2, 2010 Report Share Posted June 2, 2010 It's the funniest trend: Eastern European and post-Soviets want to be "European" and go out of their way to prove their European-ness, while the Western Europeans want to be anything but. What an ignorant statement to make. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eire Posted June 2, 2010 Report Share Posted June 2, 2010 Western values are a sham and an affront to the well being of a people. Western countries themselves need to move beyond them. So why should we choose to be like them? Look past them, not at them. I think you are confusing MTV multicultural values with true western values.If you are referring to true western values however, you are more then welcome to pack your things, wrap a turban around your head or a piece of cloth around your waist and move to the other morally "superior" continents. Eire Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armenak Posted June 2, 2010 Report Share Posted June 2, 2010 What an ignorant statement to make.How un-European of me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shaunt Posted June 2, 2010 Report Share Posted June 2, 2010 I think you are confusing MTV multicultural values with true western values.If you are referring to true western values however, you are more then welcome to pack your things, wrap a turban around your head or a piece of cloth around your waist and move to the other morally "superior" continents. Eire I'm not confusing them; I am referring to those Western values which you have designated "true." These values are anti-humanistic, and anti-individualistic. Of course, you and others are extremely proud of them, but that's because Western society loves the superficial - which makes the statement you said about "MTV multicultural values" ironic, since the only reason why those values exist are because our "true" values are just as shallow. And I'm not claiming other continents are morally superior. PS: Armenak, I consider you a better man because of your un-Europeanness, . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eire Posted June 3, 2010 Report Share Posted June 3, 2010 I'm not confusing them; I am referring to those Western values which you have designated "true." These values are anti-humanistic, and anti-individualistic. Of course, you and others are extremely proud of them, but that's because Western society loves the superficial - which makes the statement you said about "MTV multicultural values" ironic, since the only reason why those values exist are because our "true" values are just as shallow. And I'm not claiming other continents are morally superior. PS: Armenak, I consider you a better man because of your un-Europeanness, . You seem to enjoy contradicting yourself. My favorite statement is this: "And I'm not claiming other continents are morally superior." And quickly followed by "PS: Armenak, I consider you a better man because of your un-Europeanness, " You then proceeded to confirming my earlier suspicion that you didn't grasp the fundamental difference between Hrya money-loving values and classical Western values. Those same western values that gave us philosophy, magnificent architecture, empires like the Romans and British, exploration, the thirst for knowledge and to better ourselves both physically and mentally. No other people posses this fire inside them like we do. As I said, if you arnt happy living in peace (no tribe will come raiding your village in the dawn), prosperity (you dont have to walk 8 miles a day to get water) and comfort (you, at least, can feed yourself 3 times a day every day), then you are more then welcome to pack your things and move to the morally superior third world. *Side note: If my words may seem insulting to some, know that it is the last of my intentions, I am merely expressing my disbelief at good young men and women who are ashamed of the blood that flows in their veins. RegardsEire Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.